Doctor Who / Class (BBC America)

dragonrider_cody wrote:

Survivors

I hope that you’ve watched most of it, because there are only 3 more episodes.

Season 2, Episode 4
Tuesday, April 13
9:00pm ET/8:00pm CT
Midnight ET/11:00pm CT

Season 2, Episode 5
Tuesday, Aptil 20
9:00pm ET/8:00pm CT
Midnight ET/11:00pm CT

Season 2, Episode 6
TBA

No news on a 3rd Season yet.

Yeah, I tried to catch it on demand, but DirecTV only has the latest two episodes. :frowning: Guess I may have to get the DVDs when they come out.

Can’t wait for the new season(54 minutes and counting). I’ve been waiting for a long time for this.
Slick

Just made a post on the community board. So far, VERY GOOD STUFF. Far better than what I was expecting.

redshirt1 wrote:

Yes, very good first show with new Dr. I especially like Amy! She looked really good in that police officer get up.
Slick

Excellent first episode! Not crazy about the new Dr. yet -

Fish sticks and custard? Yuk!

but I’m sure he’ll grow on me.

I also like the new companion - a redhead!

Looking forward to the journey! :slight_smile:

And the special that preceded the first episode was great as well.

I didn’t get to check out the special, but I enjoyed the episode. It was much better than I was expecting, and I’m liking the new Doctor more than I thought. So, it’s off to a good start. Not to mention, there were some laugh out loud moments in the episode, like when the Doctor was changing.

oh, you mean being ginger and a police girl is possible? wow…I shall call her police girl from now on.

Every new doctor takes a little getting used to, but I think this guy has a lot of potential. As much as I loved David Tenant, I did feel like his doctor had come to the end of his journey. He had grown a little too bitter and sad for me.

The special wasn’t too exciting. Although they did let out a few spoilers.

Unless I’m mistaken, it looks like we will see a reappearance of Professor River Song from Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead.

Amy reminds me a bit of Donna. You can’t go wrong with a saucy redhead! :wink:

shadycat wrote:

[quote]

Unless I’m mistaken, it looks like we will see a reappearance of Professor River Song from Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead.

Wicca and I noticed that as well! It looks to be an interesting season…

As did I.

Where is the sound? What sound? The whoosh, whoosh, bong sound. That is because someone likes to leave the parking brake on!

I really enjoyed that more then I thought I would. When I first saw Matt Smith I was like “Oh no they put Twilight in the Doctor!”. I look forward to the next episode. Hopefully we see some Captain Jack Harkness in this season.

I would be quite happy to see that! :slight_smile:

shadycat wrote:

I thought this too - even down to the wedding!

dragonrider_cody wrote:

I have loved Survivors, I seriouly hope they produce a third season. Seeing the actor that plays Tom in glasses during the insider clips is awesome.

I found the episode very enjoyable. I can’t wait to see River Song again, the Library episodes were my favorites. Amy sort of reminds me of a mixture of Rose and Donna. I really felt bad for the young Amelia, but the story really connected you to the new doctor.

psychopuppet wrote:

I read somewhere that Moffat had said that none of the previous companions will be returning this season. We’ll just have to wait for season 4 of Torchwood for more Captain Jack.

I came across this while I was looking for more info on season 4 of Torchwood:

The Hollywood Reporter has reported that Fox is developing a spin-off of Torchwood to be set in the United States. - via Wiki

I find this disturbing - what do you guys think?

I doubt it would work. Some things Britain does not like crossing the pond.

shadycat wrote:

[quote]
I came across this while I was looking for more info on season 4 of Torchwood:

The Hollywood Reporter has reported that Fox is developing a spin-off of Torchwood to be set in the United States. - via Wiki

I find this disturbing - what do you guys think?[/quote]

I have to agree. I have a feeling Fox would mess with the characters too much, though John Barrowman and Russell Davies have said they won’t allow them to make changes to Captain Jack, so that gives me a little hope. Unfortunately, knowing Fox, it will become moderately successful in a certain time slot, then they will keep moving it until it looses whatever audience it has…

Children of Earth did really well for both the BBC and it’s American station, so I hope they make a 4th season. But with the BBC, who knows how long that will take. But it won’t be the same without Ianto…

I thought I broke TAN with this post! I clicked submit, and the website vanished for a few minutes…lol

So the New Doctor Matt Smith is going to appear on the upcoming 4th season of a two part episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures with the Third Doctors Companion Jo Grant played by Katy Manning . Which will be written by Russell T Davies. http://popculturezoo.com/archives/5831

Shame they’ve yet to bring past the first season over here. Maybe this will push BBCA to bring it over .