Doctor Who / Class (BBC America)

redshirt1 wrote:

I would disagree with you there. Perhaps Dr Who would be a no-no, but I think most others shows would gladly take an American remake. It’s all about the money.
Slick

psychopuppet wrote:

Au contrarie, my psychotic friend, The old SciFi channel showed the first season of the Sarah Jane Adventures starting on April 11 of 2008. (Wikipedia: The Sarah Jane Adventures - Wikipedia)

Psycho did say past, as in beyond the first season…

Off Topic:

For those of you watching Survivors… a new episode is on tomorrow night (Tuesday) on BBC America. 9pm ET/8pm CT

slickwolfie wrote:

The US remakes of Coupling and Absolutely Fabulous were terrible! They tend to dumb things down and remove all the offensive/funny bits for an American audience.

redshirt1 wrote:

Looking back I noticed that. The wording was a bit awkward, IMHO, thus my confusion.

shadycat wrote:

[quote]slickwolfie wrote:

The US remakes of Coupling and Absolutely Fabulous were terrible! They tend to dumb things down and remove all the offensive/funny bits for an American audience.[/quote]

They did an AbFab remake? I’m pretty glad I missed that one!

dragonrider_cody wrote:

Well, they only made a pilot, and it bombed.

Kristen Johnson (3rd Rock from the Sun) was to play Patsy

Kathryn Hahn (Crossing Jordan) was to play Edina

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]shadycat wrote:

The US remakes of Coupling and Absolutely Fabulous were terrible! They tend to dumb things down and remove all the offensive/funny bits for an American audience.

They did an AbFab remake? I’m pretty glad I missed that one![/quote]

It was a rare moment of sanity for the Fox Network (from Absolutely Fabulous - Wikipedia):

I think what I was remembering was this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Society_(TV_series)

It was just too watered down for me. I like it neat - ice is optional.

I’ve been wanting to check this series out for quite awhile now, but never really got the chance. Just saw the first three episodes of the new season though after finally deciding that I needed to watch it. So far, I’m a fan. Like, ridiculous levels of anticipation for the next episode. Like, every day I think about how much I want to watch it.

All that being said, I love the way they picked a red head for the main actress, and generally how they introduced her into the series. I wonder how she’s going to break the whole “I was going to get married” thing to the Doctor though…

shankajew wrote:

[quote]I’ve been wanting to check this series out for quite awhile now, but never really got the chance. Just saw the first three episodes of the new season though after finally deciding that I needed to watch it. So far, I’m a fan. Like, ridiculous levels of anticipation for the next episode. Like, every day I think about how much I want to watch it.

All that being said, I love the way they picked a red head for the main actress, and generally how they introduced her into the series. I wonder how she’s going to break the whole “I was going to get married” thing to the Doctor though…[/quote]

Just so you know, most of us have only seen the first episode. So try not to give anything away. The other two episodes were only on BBC(Do you get it?), not BBC America.
Slick

Ya, I didn’t think so. Nope, I don’t receive BBC, but I don’t have cable either, so I don’t even receive BBCA.

Off Topic: Season finale of Survivors tomorrow, Tuesday, April 27 on BBCA.

Regarding last episode, would you have chosen Protest or Forget?

I mean, ya from a moralistic stand point, I would want to press protest. But considering I’m doing this in a room watched by those creepy puppet things, probably guarded as well, I’d pick forget on the fact that probability wise, I would die if I hit protest. This being what would go through my head without knowing that I’m thrown into the mouth of the beast, where there is in fact oxygen to breath.

They need to show the original series… and I have found the perfect commercial.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW0H_rprV-g&playnext_from=TL&videos=3YF8E8oQgto&feature=grec[/video]

redshirt1 wrote:

I would hope to pick protest, but as you saw with Amy, it may not have been that simple.

I really liked this episode, but I can’t help but think it would have been better with David Tenant. Something about the new Doctor’s reaction at the end just didn’t seem natural. I guess I will have to give him some time…

[size=16]Fan-Made Anime-Inspired Doctor Who Project[/size]
July 15, 2010
Professional translator/anime fan streams Doctor Who animation shorts

I have links to those in the Doctor Who Anime thread in the other anime group.