E3 News & Notes

Multiple threads have been merged to create this thread

###This is the E3 News thread.
Effective April 2, 2015

Only post article/news/notes about E3 OR about news that doesn’t already have an existing thread.

Anything posted here that already has an existing thread will either be moved to that thread or deleted. NO EXCEPTIONS.

E3 2009
E3 2010
E3 2012
E3 2013
E3 2014
E3 2015

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

I’m gonna continue my tradition of making an E3 thread. Especially this year, now that the spectacle is back in E3! Today will be the Pre-Show, but that doesn’t mean no news! Today will be press conferences from Microsoft, EA and Ubisoft. Also, the timer on Kojima’s next project runs out at 6pm EDT/ 3 pm PDT today. More news as developments hit!

No More Heroes 2 trailer, 2 new games from High Voltage… sure E3 wasn’t last week?

Top that E3.

I’ve got my fingers crossed for a Left 4 Dead 2 and PS3 price drop.

Left 4 dead 2? I dont see it they can keep making updates for the old one. Unless they want new people and a new engine. Ps3 price drops would be nice. For some reason i wanna see a new turok or mirrors edge 2. Maybe some new ezio news?

omfg left 4 dead 2 is real omfg!!! Yes!!!

Omfg mgs to xbox!!! Its over sony!!!

I shat brix. Metal Gear Solid: Rising, starring Raiden coming to 360! o__o

Also was stoked to see new Alan Wake footage, and Crackdown 2!
Forza 3 looks amazing as well. Left 4 Dead 2 looks great, but seems a bit soon. o_o;

Natal is absolutely amazing…

Makes the Wii look plain by comparison. @___@

Molyneux’s demonstration of Milo really wowed me. I was shocked when Milo responded to the lady. Even more so when he grabbed the piece of paper from her…

I was also excited to see some Final Fantasy XIII footage here. I’m liking the English voices and it was awesome to see Odin summoned for the first time. I’m also more excited than I was before for Modern Warfare 2. I also feel the need to mention Splinter Cell: Conviction. It may not be bearded Sam, but it looks freaking amazing. Great press conference from Microsoft.

Glad E3’s back to normal, I can’t think why they thought making it a purely business event was a good idea.

Omfg splinter cell omfg!!! Halo reach and left 4 dead 2!!! Crackdown 2!! And that milo thing was the mpst amazing thing i have ever seen. Microsoft brought the heat this year! Idk if they can be topped!

Natal changes everything if it works, if it works all games are obsolete.

If it works, wow!

Same things I was thinking. Microsoft has set the bar pretty damn high today. Sony and Ninty will have to do some major showmanship to top today’s press conference.

Also, Natal is just… wow. I can’t get over how awesome that is. Like I said before, it basically just renders the Wii’s motion sensing pointless and silly by comparison.

I did lol’d a little at the jab at Ninty when they mentioned that there would be “no waggle controls”. xD

Pretty good conference, too bad they had so few games and so much (to me) useless stuff like twitter, facebook and all that other non game stuff. What self respecting game player doesnt have a computer capable of doing all this also? Cell phones are starting to catch up in this respect too, so why have one more machine that can do what other machines can, and better at that? That’s just me though.

The Natal thing looks neat, still a long ways off though, but looks very fascinating. Youre right 8d, the Wii is pretty much useless now, gimmick wise.

The MGS game looks interesting, though i dont think it will be a true MGS game, lightning some action doesnt sound at all stealthy. Raiden is cool, but it seems to me that the game will be more action oriented, but who knows they might turn out a good game.

Not to be a fanboy but enough Halo dudes, shouldve ended at 3. But to each his own i guess.

Also, LOL at the Beatles showing up just because, having nothing to say, then leaving. Yoko Ono, seriously? Too many celebreties, seems like theyre reaching a bit lol.

Cant wait to see what Sony and Nintendo have that can top this.

Here’s what I saw for XBox 360:

The Beatles Rockband
Tony Hawk Ride
Modern Warfare 2
Final Fantasy XIII (Spring 2010)
Shadow Complex (Summer 2009)
JoyRide (Winter 2009)
Crackdown 2
Dead Rising 2 (November 17, 2009)
Left 4 Dead 2
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction (Fall 2009)
Forza Motorsport 3 (October 2009)
Halo 3 ODST (September 22, 2009)
Halo Reach (Fall 2010)
Alan Wake (Spring 2010)
Last.FM - new name 'ZuneVideo’
Facebook coming to 360 (Fall 2009)
Twitter coming to 360 (Fall 2009)
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Motion Contoller
1 v. 100 - tracks 3D movements with voice recognition

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Here’s what I saw for XBox 360:

The Beatles Rockband
Tony Hawk Ride
Modern Warfare 2
Final Fantasy XIII (Spring 2010)
Shadow Complex (Summer 2009)
JoyRide (Winter 2009)
Crackdown 2
Dead Rising 2 (November 17, 2009)
Left 4 Dead 2
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction (Fall 2009)
Forza Motorsport 3 (October 2009)
Halo 3 ODST (September 22, 2009)
Halo Reach (Fall 2010)
Alan Wake (Spring 2010)
Last.FM - new name 'ZuneVideo’
Facebook coming to 360 (Fall 2009)
Twitter coming to 360 (Fall 2009)
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Motion Contoller
1 v. 100 - tracks 3D movements with voice recognition[/quote]

I would love to be able to play Crackdown 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 on the PS3, but that won’t happen anytime soon. JoyRide looked very lame, but it was only a trailer and its free. Other than those 2 games, and Halo, I didn’t see anything I particularly liked. I’m excited to see the Wii and PS3 programs tomorrow.
Slick

That’s a ton of great stuff. I thought they usaully reserved E3 for the weekends though?

Splinter cell looks so good

i believe microsoft had a great showing. I mean mgs now?!? What a bomb dropped. Also l4d2 looks like oodles of fun :slight_smile: man assassins creed to looks so much better then the orginal. And wtf wtf so many tight games in november im
Gonna be broke!! Any release date on that project natal and milo? Just amazing things from them. Maybe sony shows new psp?

Trooper reborn wrote:

I put the release dates on all the ones that they announced.

oh well i cant wait for that and btw cod mw 2 is released on 11 10 09

Has anybody else noticed that they’ve completely dropped the name ‘Call of Duty’ and just started calling it ‘Modern Warfare 2’?

I watched the developer press conferences from EA and Ubisoft yesterday too. Man, those were boring, save for a few decent game showings. EA showed some gameplay from The Saboteur, which looks absolutely incredible. I’ve been waiting for that game for a long time too. Ubisoft showed off SC:C again, but they also showed a new Assassins Creed 2 video. Very awesome! The only thing that worries me is that it looked like Ezio shot that guy. Even if it’s an ancient gun, I don’t want AC to turn into a shooter. =

Other than that, man were those two pressers boring. EA first talked for a looong time about their EA-Hasbro games for little kids and young girls. Then they gave Bioware a few minutes to show a couple games (Mass Effect 2 looked awesome,) and then the next like, 30 or 40 minutes or so was devoted to EA Sports… After that it started to get good.

Ubisoft showed some great games, but some of their press conference was just… a joke. “What’s the best genre? Fitness!” “We are devoted to making the best games with our Imagine series!” “Our Imagine series is the highest selling franchise!” All I could do was picture that guy with a trollface.jpg covering his face. Then there was James Cameron. Jeez… he blabbered on for what seemed like hours, saying the same things over and over. Then after all that, they didn’t even show the Avatar game… Red Steel 2 looked cool though. It’s just screaming for some blood though… An old-western setting and guys with katana and guns just doesn’t seem right with NO blood in it.