AN Forums

Elfen Lied

Well, I can definitely see a bit of over-acting in this one, I really fail to see how it is anyone worse than many typical anime dubs. Hell, I think FMA had as much, if not more overacting in it’s dub, and that one often gets much praise heaped upon it. I would have to say that overacting is common problem, regardless of who does the dub.

Personally, while I can see the flaws in this dub, it still remains a good dub in my opinion. One of the things I most enjoyed about it, was the fact is that all the leads were somewhat lesser known Texaz VA’s. You didn’t have Chris Patton, Lucy Christian, Monical Rial, or Vic Mignogna as the main characters. Let’s face it, there was a time where nearly every dub coming from Texas had one of the same eight actors as a lead in it, whether it be from Funi or ADV. And while I may really enjoy those actors, it does tend to make the dubs stale after a while (see many of Funi’s recent dubs.)

Unfortunately, with the long pause in ADV/Seraphim dubs, I have to wonder how many of those “lesser knowns” will still be around. I know some of my favorite actors, such as Jessica Boone, have already moved on. I just hope that whatever they are working on now, we will continue to get diverse casts from them in he future.

[size=16]All 13 Episodes of Elfen Lied Are Now Available for Download on iTunes![/size]

Since this will be back on VOD April 21st, I thought it might be good to bring back this thread.

It wouldn’t be VoD without Elfen Lied would it?

Right Stuf recently delisted the most recent re-release of Elfen Lied (the white and red stack pack). The thin pack and singles release have long been out of print.

However, according to http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1954849&postcount=4, we should expect another release “at some point in the future.”

Right Stuf is out of stock, but many other online retailers still have one or both versions in stock, including Overstock, Amazon and others.

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
Right Stuf recently delisted the most recent re-release of Elfen Lied (the white and red stack pack). The thin pack and singles release have long been out of print.

However, according to http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1954849&postcount=4, we should expect another release “at some point in the future.”

Right Stuf is out of stock, but many other online retailers still have one or both versions in stock, including Overstock, Amazon and others.[/quote]

Amazon is out of stock also. Overstock.com has it for $22.22. Deepdiscount has it for $23.22. Buy.com has it for $26.65. BestBuy has it for $34.99

Cover art has been posted.

Are the powers really “telekinetic”?

I like the front cover and BD disc art. I can’t say for certain due to the angle but I don’t think the spine art is what I would have picked had I my druthers.

Actually looks like the dub was just re-added.
Not really sure why it got re-added, because I’m pretty sure the dub was already availible, but in any case, it went up today.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Elfen-Lied/Watch][/url] [b]Episodes 01-13 (Dub) are now LIVE![/b]

Since I haven’t seen the dub, but have seen all of the TV series (and maybe the OVA) in Japanese, I’m not sure, due to the radical recasting, whether I should watch the OVA dub before or after the series dub.

Carli Mosier as Lucy? I don’t think of Kira when I think of her, especially not after she’s acted as “The second Cynthia Martinez” in AKB0048.

i highly approve of elfen lied on this site. the main charater is one of the best anti heroes ever.u can truley get behind her urge to destroy the world ^-^

See the thing with Lucy is, she became a monster through the events that happened to her as a child. The scientists and all chose to become the monsters they did.

[quote=“Series5Ranger” post=149241]

See the thing with Lucy is, she became a monster through the events that happened to her as a child. The scientists and all chose to become the monsters they did.[/quote]

I remember this show as being BGC Tokyo 2040 junior as, while it was gorier, its whole plot was just a part of BGC’s plot. Badass killer part was good, the parts where said badass killer forgets how to speak and forgets how to use a toilet (or even what one is) were parts that I could have done without. I do miss these darker, violent shows though.

It had an interesting intro theme song. That’s probably what I remember most about the show.

I really do need to go back and watch the dubs for shows like this and Gantz. Someday I will (would have done it already but RightStuf sent me 3 copies of Part II of the dvds and none of part I…).

“Stranger Things” Creators Discuss “Elfen Lied” Anime Inspiration

February 16, 2017 8:12pm CST
Following from earlier comments on its nods to Akira, Matt Duffer notes a connection to Elfen Lied

Tiger Lab Vinyl Reveals Elfen Lied Soundtrack as Next 2019 Release

March 28, 2019 1:00pm CDT
Second title joins this year’s subscription plan

Collector’s Edition Cover/Disc Art

Steelbook

2 Likes

Steelbooks are pretty cool, I’ll have to look into snagging a copy.

1 Like

It looks nice . Still trying to decide do I need another copy ?

1 Like

I’d like to get that, somebody lost the first dvd of my collection.

1 Like

Hmmm I wonder if they decided to redo the disc on this or something else . Seems odd the Big O steel which has a 8/20 release date and most of July-August has shown up at Rightstuf yet this comes out officially in under Two weeks yet it’s still listed as “Pre-Order, Not Yet Shipping
Release Date: 7/30/2019 “ .

1 Like