Favorite Other Quotes

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”

Robert Frost

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”

Mark Twain

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”

Oscar Wilde

“Any girl that would permit a man to kiss her before they are formally engaged is a trollop.”

Devlin Warren

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”

Mahatma Gandhi

“Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”

William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

“If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.”

“Better a witty fool, than a foolish wit.”

“Love sought is good, but giv’n unsought is better.”

“O time, thou must untangle this, not I.
It is too hard a knot for me t’untie.”

“My stars shine darkly over me”

“Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage.”

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

Anonymous

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Maya Angelou

Every man is a hero of his own song.

Azador – Otherland, Mountain Of Black Glass

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

Marilyn Monroe

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”

Oscar Wilde

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

You know what my old man used to say to me… one of his favorite of many sayings? The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Aldrich Killian – Iron Man 3

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

H. Jackson Brown Jr.

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”

Andre Gide

“If I actually looked like that, I’d walk around naked all the time too”

Jamie Marchi on the High School DxD commentary track talking about Rias Gremory.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

Maurice Switzer