Favorite Other Quotes

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

Zoolander

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”

George Eliot

Hunger… a poet once said, is the most important thing we know… the first lesson we learn. But hunger can be easily quieted down… easily satiated. There is another force, a different type of hunger. An unquenchable thirst that cannot be extinguished. Its very existence is what defines us… what makes us human. That force is love.

Love, you see, is the one force that cannot be explained… cannot be broken down into a chemical process. It is the beacon that guides us back home when no one is there and the light that illuminates our loss. Its absence robs us of all pleasure and our capacity for joy. It makes our nights darker and our days gloomier. But when we find love no matter how wrong, how faint or terrible, we cling to it. It gives us our strength. It holds us upright. It feeds on us and we feed on it. Love is our grace… love is our downfall.

Professor Abraham Setrakian – The Strain

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

“If you can’t explain it to a six year old, you don’t understand it yourself.”

Albert Einstein

1 Like

1 Like

I’m going to put you out of my misery!

–Author & Source Unknown

*Clary witnesses Jace playing the piano and as he ends up smashing the keys in a tantrum.*

Clary: Whoa… what did that piano ever do to you? You play it like you’ve lost your only love.

Jace: Unfortunately my one true love remains myself.

Clary: Well, at least you don’t need to worry about rejection.

[size=16]Clary Fray & Jace Wayland – The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones[/size]

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Dr. Seuss

1 Like

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.”

Jim Henson

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”

Anais Nin

Should we morn the dead or respect them with action? Which is it to be?

Kiriya – Infinite Undiscovery

You were born with 1 mouth and 2 ears, so maybe you should try shutting the Hell up and try listening for a change since obviously you are meant to do it twice as often as speaking.

~me

1 Like

Even the wickedest man won’t tell you he’s wicked. He won’t think he is. Whatever he was doing, he was doing it for the best of reasons - or he thinks he was, anyway.

Count Hamnet in “The Breath of God” by Harry Turtledove

2 Likes

… although my particular star may not always shine very brightly,
I pledge to you that I will not let darkness take its place.

Jim Gilley aka “Grumpy”

1 Like

One can always recover if there is the will to do so.

Michelle – Infinite Undiscovery

Young Masbath: You think it was Katrina… don’t you?

Ichabod Crane: That can never be outed!

Young Masbath: A strange short of witch with a kind and loving heart. How can you think so?

Ichabod Crane: I have good reason.

Young Masbath: Then you are bewitched by reason.

Ichabod Crane: I am beaten down by it! It’s a hard lesson for a hard world and you better learn it, Young Masbath. Villainy wears many masks. None so dangerous as the mask of virtue.

[size=16]Young Masbath & Ichabod Crane – Sleepy Hollow, 1999 Movie[/size]

1 Like