Food Flavor Explosion

Especially since my Wawa sells Choco Tacos, and we’re right next door to a Taco Bell…

(Admittedly, the worst one in our area…)

1 Like

The cheaper way to order a land, sea and air at McDonald’s:

1 double cheeseburger no ketchup or mustard, add lettuce and Mac sauce
1 McChicken
1 fish patty

This way, it saves you about $5

Still looks awful though…

Also, @mgosdin , the location on pleasant hill road and 17/92 has a functional ice cream machine right now!

Shamrock Oreo Mcflurry!

4 Likes

2022-03-01T18:04:00Z

2022-03-03T19:04:00Z

1 Like

There is justice! My years of working on those machines have not gone in vain!

2 Likes

Anyone tried these yet?

4 Likes

I think @MaouSadao has.

4 Likes

As had @mgosdin.

They’re pretty good, but sometimes the seasoning gets too concentrated in the folds of the chip.

Yami: “The texture is reminiscent of Bugles, or the old Doritos 3D’s.”

5 Likes

Since a friend, who shall remain nameless, mentioned the other day crackers and canned cheese…

Yami: “Cheddar Triscuits with cheddar easy cheese… Heh-heh… Maou… Sorry in advance if I eat them all…”

5 Likes

That looks like a easy tasty snack :yum:

3 Likes

Trust me it is, it is. That was a popular snack in my parent’s house 50 years ago…

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

2021-05-18T05:00:00Z

5 Likes

Well that sucks.

4 Likes

:salt: Have your salt shaker handy for this one. Gonna’ need it.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

2022-03-06T18:02:00Z

3 Likes

2022-03-18T22:20:00Z

3 Likes

@Psychopuppet may know this one!

Roy Rogers roast beef sandwich! Straight from Maryland! :heart:

5 Likes

Yes I do. I think all the Roy Rogers I’ve been to at least are rest stop restaurants now a days. Used to stop when I’d go visit friends out of state.

4 Likes

I know them too. There were some scattered around in odd places in Oklahoma, one I remember was on a US Highway north of the City of Poteau in far eastern Oklahoma.

I had a habit of stopping at them when I stumbled on one. Was pretty good food, better than you’d think.

Mark Gosdin

4 Likes

So, my folks had to take a trip to Maryland recently, and they just got back last night. In addition to the Roast Beef sandwich above, they brought home a few things from my childhood. :heart:

Yami: “Cream of Crab Soup?”

Think claim chowder, but crab, and no vegetables.

Yami: “So, I presume the Maryland Crab Soup is like Manhattan Clam Chowder?”

Somewhat, yes.

Yami: “And I remember the Grandma UTZ, from that time we went to Georgia, and they had them at a Kroger. They’re kettle cooked chips that make you want to throw Cape Cod brand in the trash. Lol.”

Exactly!

Yami: “Kettle cooked BBQ Crab Chips?”

This one I actually never tried before. It has to be a flavor that they just started recently, sometime after 2016.

Yami: “And Rapa brand Scrapple? Is the flavor really that different than the stuff we can get down here? Also, it’s refrigerated instead of frozen!”

Just wait a couple days, Yami. You’ll see. :heart:

Yami: “I can’t wait to enjoy these with you! :yellow_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

Nice haul from your folks :+1:

3 Likes