Forest's Sketches

Even with the scanner problems it turned out nice, Forest.

Well I’d never do entirely one style, I would get bored. Go to mix it up. Plus I really like colored pencils and one doesn’t usually color dark pictures with colored pencils.

I was thinking of maybe doing some sort of drawing challenges for fun and for practice, like doing a monochromatic drawing in a color other than black or drawing a drawing with only two colors or stuff like that. Let me know if any of you have any ideas. I still have about fifteen drawing prompts from the 30 drawing challenge that I became too busy to actually do but I could try to finish that as well.

2 Likes

I looked up Edward Gorey and I like it. It is what I would I refer to as ‘creepy’ looking though. I believe its just the use of ink that makes it look darker than it otherwise would be.

2 Likes

@Forest Gorey did that slightly creepy / slightly funny better than anyone else. Your “Dark” drawing was what reminded me of him, that and the overall style of your drawings. In any case I encourage you to keep experimenting. :sunglasses:

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

I don’t even know what’s going on in this picture. I have no idea. It just happened.

4 Likes

Off the top of my head, it makes me think “Demons of the Past” or “Voices in my Head.”

Gives you the chills.

1 Like

Something like that.

I got markers for Christmas. My dad got the hobbit trilogy in blu ray for Christmas and this is what happened. I can’t get over how cute it turned out.

4 Likes

So awesome! Love the inspiration. It suddenly made my mind go off on a journey thinking about The Hobbit. :smile:

1 Like

Adorable! :smile:

1 Like

I’ve been really super busy but I try to draw when I can. Lately I’ve been doing these charcoal sketches from fashion photos. I’ve more than this but I didn’t want to post them all at once. They’ve been getting better and better as I’ve been going along. I’m actually kind of impressing myself. But here are the first two.

3 Likes

Excellent job, Forest!

1 Like

Those are so well done. :grinning:

1 Like

But wait it gets better! I took multiple pictures of this one as I was shading it. It amuses me how a bunch of black marks turns into such a nice picture. I thought it might amuse you as well.

3 Likes

@Forest: Just thought I’d let you know that if you want to share a larger number of images at once, you can hide them in collapsible text. That could help take a lot of pressure off if you’re unable to be here often.

Great job on your latest. I really like the third one with the darker brown. So beautiful. :smiley:

1 Like

How do you do that? I would have but I couldn’t figure out how.Honestly it’s a miracle I can post at all. My computer skills are limited at best

Here you go. You can bookmark this post in case you need a reminder. :slightly_smiling_face:

[size=16]Collapsible Text[/size]

1 Like

Another for collection!

3 Likes

The latest in my collection of charcoal portraits

4 Likes

I am still in the “WOW” phase from a couple of pictures ago! Beautiful work!

3 Likes