Forged in Fire

[size=19]History’s Forged in Fire Homepage[/size]

FORGED IN FIRE features world-class bladesmiths competing against each other to create some of the most iconic edged weapons from history. In each episode, four of the best bladesmiths in the country will come together to put both their skills and reputations on the line. Whether they are making a Japanese katana, a medieval broadsword, or an ancient throwing blade like the chakram, the weapons they forge will be fully functional and lethal works of art and war. The unique histories contained within each weapon will be creatively told during the forging process and the final weapons themselves will be assessed and ruthlessly tested by our panel of expert judges. These dynamic and explosive tests will be individually designed to push the weapons to their absolute limit. One by one, the bladesmiths will be eliminated until only one remains to be crowned the champion.

[size=19][B][U]SEASON 01[/U][/B][/SIZE]

click

S1 E1: Japanese Katana
S1 E2: Chakram
S1 E3: Viking Battle Axe
S1 E4: Katar
S1 E5: Crusader Sword
S1 E6: The Elizabethan Rapier
S1 E7: The Roman Gladius
S1 E8: The Moro Kris

[SIZE=“19”][B][U]SEASON 02[/U][/B][/SIZE]

click

[B]S2 E1: The War Hammer
S2 E2:
S2 E3:
S2 E4:
S2 E5:
S2 E6:
S2 E7:
S2 E8: [/B]

I caught the S1 marathon they had on the History channel the other night, and I have to say, I absolutely hate reality shows in general, but this series is right up my alley!

As a person who has had an interest in blacksmithing for many years now, this show hits all the right buttons for me. Definitely something I’m going to keep up with starting with tonight’s new episode.

It’s rather amusing and interesting when they have bladesmiths on the show that I actually know, though haven’t actually met in person.

I might check this out myself. This reminded me of the YouTube series Man at Arms.

Well the season finale was rather cool.
They had some rather good bladesmiths on this episode, all of them turned in rather good looking blades by the end of each round.

Kind of sad they only have 8 episodes in a season though.

NEW SEASON BEGINS FEBRUARY 16th!!

They had a female bladesmith on this time. First time they had one.
Sadly she didn’t make the cut for the final test, but she did make a nice little knife.

NEW SEASON BEGINS AUGUST 23rd!!

Host Bill Goldberg Promises Diverse Field for History’s ‘Forged in Fire: Knife or Death’

March 26, 2018 10:30 am
The 2018 WWE Hall of Fame inductee previews the History Channel reality show competition.

Best Lines of the Week (March 30-April 5): Forged in Fire

April 07, 2018 11:00 am

What’s On: History’s new reality competition, Forged in Fire: Knife or Death pits martial arts and knife experts through cutting-edge obstacle courses and other grueling challenges to test their skills with a blade

April 17, 2018 7:00 am