Games You're Playing

I have not been playing many games, but have played a lot of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Recently got sucked into Wave Race 64 to try and beat the championships. I have also been playing a lot of YGOPRO and especially Space Engineers on the computer. Now if only my Wii worked. :dry:

Turns out the power brick for the Wii died, so I had to order a new one. :frowning:

Recently got my Wii back up and running (finally :P). Have been playing a lot of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword since all of my save data is on the other Wii, and Sonic Colors. Gotta go fast. B)

I also just finished the main story on Phantom Brave: We Meet Again after a couple of days. Needless to say, I got super into it by the end. Cheering at each victory, throwing my arms up to mimic the attacks on-screen, giving my characters compliments on their strength, and finally crying at the end. The whole nine yards. :blush:It was a very enjoyable experience, and I look forward to playing some of the side material soon. :3

Iā€™ve recently been playing Persona 3 and I never been this addicted to a video game since Sleeping Dogs

I have been playing an arcade game lately that I purchased a little while back and simply had put off starting. I almost feel silly for doing that since I have been enjoying the game so much. Dust: An Elysian Tale has really surprised me with the old style hand drawn character animation and the sheer amount of catchy and truly entertaining character dialog.

It was also nice to hear the voices of a few familiar voice actors that really brought the 2 main characters to life. In a way it is a bit of a button masher platformer, however with all the extra little touches put into itā€¦ I have to say that I am a bit impressed. I have yet to beat the last 10% of the game on normal, but I hope the ending truly rounds out this gem of an arcade game.
:ohmy:B)

[size=5]Dust: An Elysian Tail - Launch Trailer[/size]

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]_MVaAZcxb54[/video]

Video Link: http://youtu.be/_MVaAZcxb54

BTW, here are some bits of dialog from one of the main characters, Fidget. She simply cracks me upā€¦ :laugh:

[quote]Possible Game Spoiler Warning:

[spoiler][size=5]Dust: An Elysian Tail - Fidget, A Few Funny Dialog Moments[/size]

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]5MdtgOTl60o[/video]

Video Link: http://youtu.be/5MdtgOTl60o[/spoiler][/quote]

NOTICE: Some videos will not play here due to The Anime Network forums operating in HTTPS. Certain YouTube video uploader providers do not allow video playback within a HTTPS site. Also, some internet browsers may not display the YouTube embedded video players. If one of the videos does not play, click the ā€˜Watch on YouTubeā€™ link to view it in a new tab. However, if you are unable to see the video players, click the YouTube ā€˜Video Linkā€™ that I have added instead. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.
:frowning:

I have seen a few friends of mine play Dust: An Elysian Tale, and every time they show it off at a gathering everyone seems to be totally into it. I have not played it and honestly not sure if I ever will, but the game-play looked pretty good from all I saw. :slight_smile:

I have moved on from pretty much all of the games I previously played and have been putting my new Xbox 360 to work on Halo: Reach. I have also been putting myself through the paces in Stronghold: Crusader for the PC since one of my friends is getting it soon. :cheer:

I remember Stronghold Crusader. I like the whole ā€œSim City + Age of Empiresā€ idea and the rotatable 2d graphics, though I donā€™t particularly like the lack of Fog of War, which most other RTSes have. Crusader has bots, something that I donā€™t remember the original version having. I do wish that the Crusader improvements could be taken back to the original Stronghold as playing on a desert gets kind of old.

The GOG.com version, with its remade HD graphics and lack of DRM, has really given this game a new lease on life.

Part of me would like to play Halo: Reach, just because, but it is overpowered by the part of me that doesnā€™t want to stare at awful 360 graphics. Ugh.

No problem, Tager. :slight_smile: Dust: An Elysian Tale is a fun game to pick up when it is on sale. I never pay full price on arcade games, and I just wait for the markdown sales. I think that I only got that game for $4 I believe. It was well worth it IMO.

Halo: Reach had a nice graphics engine and AI overhaul step-up from Halo 3. Though, it remains my least favorite among the Halo games. My biggest disappointment was with the campaign. I guess I can say that I was hoping for a little more out of it.

And, come on Celestialā€¦ The 360 graphics are not that bad. I still remember the graphics on the older systems on both Microsoftā€™s & Sonyā€™s sides. I am surprised that they prolonged the life of the Xbox 360 so long though. But, as far as its graphics goā€¦ I found that it really depended on the game being played which could make it or break it for you. Borderlands 2 graphicsā€¦ shivers.
:stuck_out_tongue:

I will say a franchise that I am getting tired of the gimmicks from has to be Call of Duty. Ghosts is the least inspired and creative game I have seen from the franchise. Not to mention for them claiming that the engine was updated, the game had no upgrade in graphics from the console version compared to the PC version. PC gamers were pissed with that obvious money making blunder.
:dry:

Borderlands 2 was graphically horrible. Until I got the PC version, I couldnā€™t play it. My coop group bailed on it until we got the PC version. Everything was so blurry, the draw distances were VERY low (I could see further in Turok on the N64ā€¦) and the FPS was set to drop as low as 22 FPS by design, though elemental weapons could drop it to the point that it was like a flipbook.

Having experienced PC gaming, I cannot go back to the console. Luckily my gaming group has gone entirely PC as the old XBLA indie games were driven off of XBLA by its policies and are now on Steam; Iā€™m not a huge fan of Awesomenauts but it did much to get my group on the PC.

Recently Iā€™ve been saving up money to buy some new games for my PS Vita and I just bought DanganRonpa Trigger Happy Havoc. So far I no complaints about the game yet, I just hope I donā€™t end up returning it later for some random reason.

I thought that I would drop this one off here as one last entry for Dust: An Elysian Tale. Here are some funny voice dubbing blooper outtakes that I found amusing. ā€œNow dieā€¦ muppet!?ā€
:huh::laugh:

[size=5]Dust: An Elysian Tale - Voice Acting Outtakes[/size]

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]pTRG0v7TWtg[/video]

Video Link: http://youtu.be/pTRG0v7TWtg

NOTICE: Some videos will not play here due to The Anime Network forums operating in HTTPS. Certain YouTube video uploader providers do not allow video playback within a HTTPS site. Also, some internet browsers may not display the YouTube embedded video players. If one of the videos does not play, click the ā€˜Watch on YouTubeā€™ link to view it in a new tab. However, if you are unable to see the video players, click the YouTube ā€˜Video Linkā€™ that I have added instead. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.
:frowning:

Iā€™ve been leveling up and evolving Pokemon in X. Almost completed the Kalos Pokedex but still need to find the rest.

Other than that, Iā€™ve playing the Bravely Default Demo and BlazBlue CS II.

Iā€™ve been playing resident evil 6. I enjoy the thrill of killing zombies and the story is great.

I just recently got Kill Zone Mercenary for my vita and its really good. From the graphics to game play this game is definitly in my top games list.

Iā€™ve also played dead island cause im a fan of zombie games and iā€™ve been playing silent hill plus Resistance:Fall of Man its an awsome game.

Spectral Souls on Android.

It is amazing IMO how much better this ā€œold schoolā€ moe art is compared to the modern, post-Haruhi/K-On/Lucky Star (the anime series) rot. Not quite as amazing as how much of a time-sink this game is.

Android needs more of these JRPGs. Itā€™s as though they were made for it. Grandia should definitely be on there. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing some Western JRPGs like Ananchronox on there as wellā€¦

Sudeki! Itā€™s cheesy and itā€™s old but I like it.

Recently I was allowed to borrow a copy of Halo 3, and have gotten into playing it here and there. So far all of it has been on Co-op, but I am planning on finally giving it a solo legendary run next chance I get. :slight_smile:

And after much deliberation, I have decided that as far as single-player mode is concerned, I prefer Halo 3 over Reach. :dry:

I have also been getting back into playing more osu! when I have the time. I have slowed down, but am still avidly playing, Space Engineers, especially after every weekly update. B)

Conception 2

Part RPG, Part dating sim, a little too easy but still a lot of fun.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Hahaha F@#k you Carnival Nights Zone I Finally beat you!!! Iā€™ve also been messing around with Kerbal Space Program(on PC). KSP is a space simulator(1/10th the size of our solar system) where you build ships, shoot them up into orbit, or travel to other planets and moons. If you like simulators youā€™ll like this.

I feel yaā€™ there with that one! :laugh: That damn floating barrier that you have to slip under with Sonic sparked some of my first gamer rage moments! There were so many times that I would time out in that damn zone trying to get past it.

That was the second best Sonic The Hedgehog game in my opinion. Especially if you had the Sonic and Knuckles Sega cartridge that Sonic 3 clipped into the top of. It unlocked a couple of fun secrets and getting to become Hyper Sonic was badass!