Gintama

It’s an action/parody series that’s huge in Japan. Viz is doing the manga here and it must be selling well enough for Viz to continue. Personally I think it’s one of the best titles of the 2000s era simply for the fact that it’s not like anything else.

I really liked what I read of the manga and look forward to seeing the anime.

I’m usually not into action shows that much, especially longer ones. I completely burned out on Bleach during the whole “save Rukia from being executed” arc. But I know a ton of people were hoping for this show. It got mentioned several times anyone was discussing potential or wishlist licenses.

But I have heard this is much better than Bleach or Naruto, so I will definitely give it a go. I’ve been long hoping for a multi-season show that I could really enjoy. It seems most long shows I can’t stand, and all the shows I really enjoy only get 1 or 2 seasons.

It’s the type of show you can enjoy and not get burned out by it. Like I’ve typed before, its the kind of show that doesn’t take itself seriously. Which in the end makes for better enjoyment.

So where is the cover for Collection 1?

It’s not available yet. They might be taking their time to decide on it or there might be other factors involved with the selection.

Just saw the cover for collection 1 and I do like it very much.

Gintama Director Shinji Takamatsu: ‘It’s Not Over’

posted on 2010-03-29 00:42 EDT
Director tells audience at Gintama Haru Matsuri 2010: “It will definitely return”

Somehow I had a feeling GinTama wouldn’t be stopping at 201 episodes. I wonder how long the hiatus will be?

Gin Tama will be making its VOD premier on May 20th!

This show is a blast. You guys should enjoy it!

http://www.secretvisionsanime.com/index.php?news&nid=11

I can honestly say i was very wary about watching this at first…

I went into this anime very skeptically… but it grew on me. tremendously. (I almost scared myself there! Like “wait… Wait a second… do I… like this?!”)

When it comes to Shonen Jump anime/manga stuff, I don’t dive in head first. But man when I do…

I definitely recommend this! I can’t wait for the rest ;3

Money has been tight but I can’t wait to buy the first set.

I have to agree there. Shonen Jump shows aren’t usually my thing, but this one is immensely enjoyable! I’m sure it will have a lot fans here.

I wonder if this will ever reach the online player. If it does, I figure it won’t be for a while, due to the CR streams, but it would be nice to see it here someday.

I have to agree there. Shonen Jump shows aren’t usually my thing, but this one is immensely enjoyable! I’m sure it will have a lot fans here.

I wonder if this will ever reach the online player. If it does, I figure it won’t be for a while, due to the CR streams, but it would be nice to see it here someday.[/quote]

I don’t see why not. Glass Mask in on the online player. So I can see Gintama on here eventually.

On a side note. If Gintama is a success dvd wise, and Sentai end up releasing more season and if Japans never restarts the show again, then at 201 episodes currently, Sentai will be releasing

13 episode a set
15 sets
30 disk

$23.99 a set
$360 for all 15 sets

This is coming to VOD near you on May 20!

Despite the schedules claims to the otherwise :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope you guys like this one. Though I will warn you, it’s quite heavy on the Japanese cultural jokes. It’s probably part of the reason this show took so long to get picked up. I really hope they keep the on screen translation notes, like they did with Maria-holic.

I watched the first two episodes. Yes, they were shaky and jumpy quality-wise, but I didn’t want to wait anymore to see this!

spoiler

Ok, maybe I didn’t get all of the cultural jokes, but these episodes did make me laugh! There were translation notes that helped explain the jokes and I like the way they introduce the characters, which is good because there are a lot in these episodes. It’s really funny that Gintoki is a huge Jump fan and even funnier that he said he’d like to have a Bankai! There was plenty of action. Funny too that the wimpy Katoken becomes a TV star, but I’m glad he got his family back. Gintoki reminds me slightly of Columbo too - the really smart guy that likes to play dumb.

Finally saw the first two episodes and enjoyed them. From what I read #3 goes back to the start of the manga. That is good since we will see how all those characters meet each other. I look forward to seeing more of the series.

Episode 3 -

spoiler

I think it was fated that Shinpachi should meet Gintoki and the circumstances in which they did so were very funny. I laughed when Gintoki asked the Chatoran ambassador if he was in heat. Funny too that Shinpachi works at Denny’s of all places and that he was left with Gintoki’s bloodied sword, which got him arrested. And the rescue of Otae from the High Leg Shabu Shabu Heaven ship was a very noble thing to do.

Ep. 3

spoiler

Read this in the preview they ran in US Shonen Jump a while back but was nice to see it animated. Liked the scenes at the dinner including the heat comment. The sister was something, especially the comments about her being raised by Gorillas. So far looks as good as the manga was.