Episode 16 –

I never knew that “DORK” could stand for many different things! :laugh:

It was impressive how much they got out of that one word. :laugh:

Kinda reminds you of one of Wicca’s games, doesn’t it? :wink:

Gintama Collection 3 in December:

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1833822&postcount=20

Ep. 18

spoiler

What a great episode. I was laughing through the whole thing.

It takes a very brave or stupid man to steal Tae Shimura panties. The idea of her teaming up with Kagura is scary. Loved how they ended up working with the Shinsengumi.

Safety Tip: Always map your minefields.

:laugh: The minefield was the best! This was one hysterical episode.

Episode 20 –

spoiler

Sogo’s ritual was funny and I loved his explanation when Hijikata caught him – “jogging” indeed!

The Odd Jobs group looked funny dressed up as exorcists, but they couldn’t keep their story straight and got exposed. With the way things are going, Sogo may yet achieve his dream of becoming Vice-Chief.

I figured the “woman in red” ghost was some kind of mosquito alien. There were too many clues. But I loved the big scared men and Gin claiming that he was only “following the scripts”!

Episode 24 –

Pako’s and Zurako’s dance was just too funny! And they make such pretty girls too!

I just saw this episode and thought the exact same thing! :laugh:

spoiler

That poor Amanto really should stop coming to Earth but I have a feeling he won’t follow his own advice. It was funny that he was so nonchalant about his antenna getting eaten by his latest pet.

Episode 26 –

spoiler

Shinpachi wants to rescue his friend, Hachibei, from a gang called the “Bulldogs” that seems to be more interested in hair products than anything else. He meets the gang as the “President of the Otsu Fan Club” and no wonder the Bulldogs can’t figure out who this rival gang is! Then the others show up as “The Otsu Fan Club Special Attack Force Maltese”, but then a few minutes later, can’t remember the name and get their dogs mixed up, calling themselves Pomeranian instead of Maltese. Shinpachi has to remind them it’s Maltese and somehow Gin comes up with “Malcheese”! :laugh:

As if that weren’t funny enough, “Edo’s strongest and fastest gang” rides scooters! They sure are tough! :lol: They even have to lend Shinpachi a scooter for the race and I think it was the ugliest one they had. The scooter race turns into a foot race and Shinpachi wins, freeing his friend from the gang. Between this and the beating they took earlier, I don’t think the Bulldogs have much of a reputation left as being “Edo’s strongest and fastest gang”. But at least Shinpachi kind of made up with Hachibei. A very funny episode!

Gintama TV Anime to Resume

posted on 2010-12-01 07:08 EST
Director Shinji Takamatsu predicted return after anime stopped in March

Another one of those shows that will probably get well over 500 episodes before they call it quits. Course that when and if the ratings ever slip.

Ep. 34

spoiler

Love that Shinpachi was worried that his love life would get Gintama canceled. :lol:

The chat room scene was also really good.

Ep. 35 -

spoiler

I was kind of expecting him to whap that cat-girl, but I still laughed when he did it. Then, in the second part, between the pants-crapping and all the Golgo 13 wannabes I was laughing all the way through.

Tip for this ep - if you’re normally one to fast-forward through the opening/ending, don’t do it for the initial open, and don’t do it for the final ending - but it’s okay to do it on the ones in the middle of the episode.

Episode 37 –

The Christmas episode was hysterical. I loved the reindeer!

I don’t think it will get 500. Probably 350.

Episode 39 –

spoiler

I really enjoyed this bittersweet episode with just Katsura and Ikumatsu. It was a nice break from the other characters and I think Katsura would have liked to stay with her had circumstances been different.

Journalist: Warner Japan to Release Gintama 2 Film

posted on 2011-08-23 09:25 EDT
Hiroo Otaka: Tentatively titled film’s schedule still to be decided

That is pretty awesome news.

I always wondered why Sentai didn’t pick up the Benizakura movie. It’s a retelling of the first really serious arc after the episodes they released on DVD, and seems like it would make a good yardstick for interest in more the the series.

Gintama x Sket Dance Crossover Manga Get TV Anime

posted on 2011-09-05 00:20 EDT
Sunrise, Tatsunoko in rare collaboration for two episodes on September 26 & 29