Gintama

So it’s getting a bluray. That means it will either be getting dubbed or Sentai will be testing their first subonly bluray. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Well, the movie would be a good way to sort of test the waters on a dubbed Gintama.

I’m fine without Gintama being dubbed but this is a day one buy. Idk if I’ll get the Blu-Ray.

It’s been confirmed by Fandom Post that this will in fact be dubbed. In even better news, KYLE JONES will be directing!!!. I’m supper pumped about that. His dubs were always among ADVs best and I can’t wait to see what he will do with this. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sentai Filmworks Confirms English Dub of Gintama: The Movie

posted on 2012-02-10 13:45 EST
Kyle Jones to direct dub; cast not yet revealed

Awesome news. :slight_smile:

So it basically sounds like the only reason they are dubbing it is because they don’t want to release sub only Blu-rays.lol

Or, maybe It’s because Gintama is awesome?!

:cheer: :silly:

If it’s so awesome then why was what they released of the TV series sub only? :stuck_out_tongue:

There are a few reasons, but that doesn’t mean it can’t change! :slight_smile:

Ah they don’t want to start the slippery slope of having to give Blu-Ray treatment to mediocre shows that won’t sell.

There’s no doubt that I’ll be buying this when it gets released. I really liked the Benizakura Arc in the TV series, which I think Sentai would have gotten to within another a set or two anyway, but I never saw how the movie adapts it.

I’ll be watching it subbed first, but I’ll probably give the dub a listen too.

OH this is EXCELLENT NEWS! Kyle Jones is an amazing director! I hope this means more dubs from him in the future.

I just don’t know if I can get used to this new profile pic of yours, Prede… it’s so drastically different than the last one. :huh:

Exactly what I was thinking. It’s even creepier than the last one.

Weren’t there posts in here newer than 2.66 years ago? Where’d they go?

They’re further up.
Slow merged another thread with this one.

That’s odd.

Really annoying, you’d think merging threads would put them in order of post dates.
Guess I need to report this glitch.

DVD Release Planned for “Gintama” 2014 Jump Festa Special

November 11, 2014 5:31pm EST
Special edition planned for manga’s 58th volume on April 3, 2015

Gintama Manga to Bundle Unaired Anime Episode on DVD

posted on 2014-11-07 01:45 EST