Girls und Panzer

Only a few days left until we see what they bring to Otakon. Gotta make it to that 10 am panel of theirs (I wonder if they’ll have any hilarious J-guests like they did last year). Though I don’t think that I’ll have much time in the dealers’ room this year so I don’t know when I’ll get to see what they brought to their corner of the massive cave that is the Otakon dealers’ room. Someday someone will outdo Funimation in spectacle again. When all they have is a banana and a stripper pole the bar isn’t set very high (can’t point this out enough).http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/graphics/banghead.gif

I wonder what the “Free with purchase” item will be. Last year it was a soundtrack to Sin: The Movie.

They’re not off by much :wink:

I’m hoping that Sentai takes a page from Geneon’s book and puts some Patton references in their dub of this.

And here is the final answer for the Katyusha scene.

Panzer Vor! Russia Tries Introducing Real Life Tankery

August 11, 2013 2:10pm CDT
Russia invites U.S. to a ‘Tank Biathlon’

Not really “tankery” by the anime’s standards, but I did find this rather amusing.

I was expecting it to be like what was described in the Patton movie, where Obama and Putin would get into their respective tanks and duke it out to the death, which would have been more in line with what I saw in that Sentai trailer for this show (still bummed that they didn’t have those trailers, or any projected imagery, at their panel).

hm… I feel like that decision will just make the angry people more angry.

What, besides getting the original song in there, would make them less angry?

Edit: Darn coffee and his quote-function breaking non-existent (at least on my screen) signature :lol:

And some have outright refused to buy it after that news.
But if Sentai couldn’t get the rights to the song, there’s really nothing they can do about it but sit there and stew over it like a 4 year old child.

There was a whole brouhaha at the time over a song in Area 88 TV that got cut and replaced with a composition from ADV, but that’s pretty much all but forgotten these days.

Whoa, the quote-breaker is gone. What happened?

Where were these outraged fans on, oh, all the releases that Funimation screwed up musically? They botched more music in more releases than there are hairs on Chewbacca and there was barely a murmur. They shot Speed Grapher in the foot with a music change and the fandom was silent. There are so many instances of Funi not getting the music as it was on the Japanese bd/dvd release that I can’t even remember them all. I feel that Sentai/ADV have a “hate monopoly” for while I remember several horribly done English songs in Funi shows the only English songs that I remember getting excoriated were from ADV, like BGC:2040. The fan hate for that, and Christine Auten, was so strong that I recall it being discussed in the commentary track.

I’m gonna be angry if my copy doesn’t come with a complimentary bottle of Smirnoff…or at least a coupon for a free bottle.

:angry:

Since Sentai can provide booze panels at AX with Shinkai then I think this should be an easy one for them.

They could upstage Funi with this one as Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne totally should have come with vodka. That was a funi fail :laugh:

Well unfortunately, that would make it illegal to sell in some states. I think they could ship it with some sort of voucher though.

It’s a sad, sad world when it’s a-ok to bundle panties with anime and sell it but bundling booze is frowned upon. :silly:

I really think it depends on the song they replace it with. I believe the intention of that scene was to set a particular mood for the ensuing battle. If the replacement song doesn’t have the same effect, or has the opposite reaction, then you’re better off with no scene at all.
Oh well, it is what it is. I’ll still buy it no matter what… Just as long as I’m not charged Aniplex prices for it :laugh: .

Unless they release Oreshura over here and not just stream it, Sword Art Online will be the only money AoA will be getting from me.

AMEN!

I bought some AoA stuff at Otakon… I figured, there wasn’t any sales tax, and I didn’t have to pay shipping, so it was almost worth it. Do I regret giving them all my money? No… Should I? Probably.

It would seem though, that Sentai will get my money twice for Girls und Panzer if they intend on releasing the OVAs separately from the rest of the anime… Though I was already prepared to spend a lot of money on GuP anyway…

This was probably mandated by the licensor since they are BD extras, and they are kind of pushisg the turnaround right at the 6 month mark.

What I find kind of interesting, though a bit sad, is, that eps. 5.5 & 10.5 will be included, but not dubbed.

Maybe it’s just me, but I wasn’t expecting them to dub them at all. I’m trying to think of a show were they did dub a recap episode. They didn’t to it for Canaan or Night Raid, there might be another one two that I can’t remember of at the moment.

No sales tax? If only. Maryland has an incredibly backwards general sales tax of 6%. It irked me that some of the booths didn’t include tax in their prices and that all booths in general didn’t have signs stating whether or not they included tax.

The Sentai booth included tax. It was the only place that I found stuff worth buying in the whole dealers room. Sad.

BTW why does a show this short even have recap eps? After seeing that vodka swilling pic everywhere (thanks for that, Crunchy) I now fully expect to see such boozing going on this show loli.

Because someone on the animation production team screwed up (at least on ep. 06, not sure what problem ep. 11 had), and they had to re-do a bunch of stuff.

-edit-
Had to find it, but here’s a re-post of what I posted on ANN at the time.
Though it looks like that twitter post was removed.