Grimm

Grimm

Genres: Horror, Fantasy, Action, Mystery, Supernatural drama
Rating: TV-14 LV
Running Time: 43 minutes per episode
Number of Seasons: 6 [CANCELLED]
Number of Episodes: 123
Vintage: October 28, 2011 – March 31, 2017

Plot Summary: Grimm is an American police procedural fantasy television drama series. The show has been described as “a cop drama—with a twist… a dark and fantastical project about a world in which characters inspired by Grimms’ Fairy Tales exist,” although the stories and characters inspiring the show are also drawn from other sources.
Homicide Detective Nick Burkhardt of the Portland Police Bureau learns he is descended from a line of “guardians” known as “Grimms,” charged with keeping balance between humanity and the mythological creatures (called “Wesen”; however the characters here use a mispronunciation of the German, rendering it like “vessin” instead of “vay-zen”) of the world. Throughout the episodes, he must battle against an assortment of dangerous creatures, with help from his friend Monroe (who is a reformed creature), and his partner Detective Hank Griffin.(from Wiki)

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Been enjoying it and happy that it got renewed for a second season.

i just found out about season 2 today . glad to hear about it !

I agree that it started out slow and got better. Very reminiscent of Buffy.

i liked both buff and angel … i have to wonder about nick’s cop boss , he is someone high enough standing in the grimm world as to boss others around and make them scared

I loved the use of the Adam Hauptman name in the “The Three Bad Wolves” episode. That is the name of a major character and Werewolf in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercy_Thompson series set in the Tri-Cities (to the East of Portland and where I live).

saw on face book that they have started shooting season 2

Season 2 began August 13, 2012, and it will run for 22 episodes.

This continues to be the only show I watch on NBC, though I’m now 2 weeks behind :frowning:

I wish they’d have more fluid fight/action sequences. In Season 1, when the Captain dispatched his kidnappers the action was fluid, easily followed, and impressive. Sadly, most of the action scenes are not like that. An example would be when Nick takes out the Reapers at the old dam with the kanabo, where the camera shook and quickly jumped around in the scene making the action not easily followed and not very impressive. Some of the shots remind me of anime where they show the classic “disembodied fist” in fight scenes.

My theory is that the actor for the Captain was able to handle the fight choreography while Nick and the others can’t so the camera having a seizure is to compensate. As season 2 moves along the Nick action scenes are looking more fluid but I was hoping that NBC could have put the cast through some training or gotten a better choreographer/cinematographer during the break between seasons.

[quote=“celestial_being” post=127892]This continues to be the only show I watch on NBC, though I’m now 2 weeks behind :frowning:

[/quote]

Revolution is my favorite new show of the season. Fights are great, it’s dark, etc… Good show.
Slick

This week on Face Off on the SyFy channel the makeup challenge will be to create a creature that would fit in on Grimm.

Tuesday 9:00pm

Revolution is my favorite new show of the season. Fights are great, it’s dark, etc… Good show.
Slick[/quote]

I haven’t gotten into Revolution. The previews stated that the cause of the loss of electrical power wouldn’t be told for a while and that would drive me nuts with all the unanswered questions that approach creates, compounded by the previews showing people using primitive networked computers to communicate after the power loss. :huh: :huh:

Only 2 more eps of Grimm in 2012?!

Really NBC, really?

At least the “cable” networks bring some shows back in November. I do wish they’d run shows during the Fall season without the ever-annoying pre-planned hiatus.

This is probably the first show I’ve watched on NBC since Kings and now they’re leaving me hanging. Sigh.

Mid-Season Premiere of Grimm starts Friday, March 7.

This has been off the air for so long that I’d almost forgotten about it.

Just another reason why Univision is beating NBC for ratings.

CBS seems to have a monopoly on good shows. Are the other networks even trying? Shows like Grimm, the best NBC has, and Touch, the best Fox has, have been sorely neglected by their networks. If it weren’t for late night shows I wouldn’t have seen NBC in months :frowning:

Grimm will move to Tuesday nights, starting April 30, replacing the cancelled Ready for Love.

That could be pretty nice for me as I have DVR conflicts often on Friday nights. I was hoping that CBS would demote their Golden Boy show (Discotek/whoever should sue over that title) show and put Vegas back on Tuesdays, but this works as well.

I’m glad to see that Grimm, the only watchable NBC show I’ve yet found, is moving up in the TV world.

And the only NBC “primetime” show worth watching gets to go a bit longer.

OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT SHOW! my fav character is monroe! hes awesome and really funny! :laugh: