Hidamari Sketch

Honeycomb, Ep 10, is live at ANO

HD stream is delayed.

Episode 10 HD IS NOW UP

There will be a short delay for Episode 11.

Honeycomb, Ep 11, is live at ANO

That was a short delay.

My archive binge of this series might have me hold off a bit on this episode though.

And lol at Miyako banner being at the top of the post page as I write this.

Honeycomb, Ep 12 :end:, is live at ANO

The HD version of Ep 12 will not be available until Wednesday, apologies about the delay.

This is up and running now, thanks for your patience.

Hidamari Sketch Gets New Anime of Sae & Hiro’s Graduation

posted on 2013-03-03 21:25 EST / ANN
Anime announced at end of Sunday’s “Chō Hidamatsuri in Nippon Budōkan” event

Sae and Hiro are finally graduating?

Yeah, this one is going to be a serious tear jerker.
I’m just hoping Sentai picks it up.
As much as I want to say it’s a guaranteed license pick up due to them licensing the rest of the franchise, I still worry.

Hidamari Sketch’s Graduation Episode Promo Streamed

posted on 2013-03-08 10:00 EST / ANN
Characters Sae & Hiro to graduate from art school in episode announced on Sunday

I don’t know whether this will be heartwarming or heartbreaking. Possibly both.

Heartbreaking is a given in one sense – that it’s almost certainly the end of the series.

Heartbreaking also in that the promo seems to leave open the likelihood that Hiro and Sae do not get the “happily ever after” they so richly deserve. And that would have been hard to imagine a few months ago.

By the way, I just watched Episode 3 (I’m going back and forth) and found it interesting that they managed to find humor in the natural disasters that recently blasted Japan without being at all tasteless. I don’t know for sure whether the episode was written before or after the earthquake, though.

Is it ever said where in Japan Yamabuki High School is located?

Hidamari Sketch’s Graduation Anime Previewed in Video

posted on 2013-08-29 02:00 EDT
Sae & Hiro prepare to leave Hidamari Apartments in November 27 Blu-ray/DVD

Hidamari Sketch’s Graduation Anime Previewed in TV Ad

posted on 2013-09-01 12:30 EDT / ANN
Sae & Hiro prepare to leave Hidamari Apartments in November 27 Blu-ray/DVD

I wish I didn’t have to wait until 2014! I want to know what Hiro and Sae do!

Will we get a chance to see these episodes when they air in Japan?

If you’re referring to the Sae/Hiro OVA, Sentai hasn’t announced whether they have licensed it or not yet.
So it’s highly doubtful currently, since the DVD/BDs have already shipped in Japan.

It’ll probably be similar to the SP specials, and get released on DVD here at a later date.

It should be noted that the two “Graduation” episodes refer to themselves as part of “Honeycomb”, so it’s possible that the Sentai Honeycomb release might eventually include them as some of the other seasons have done.

Mark Gosdin