AN Forums

HIDIVE Newsletters, Blogs & More

I don’t hold out much hope, the Dubcast / Simuldub ( !!! Names !!! ) process just has no room for polishing or perfecting.

Mark Gosdin

Well, I’m not quite as against the process as you. On the bright side, they will still be able to polish them a bit more before she psychical release, but it will be sometime before we know how much.

I don’t mind streaming, but physical release will always be my preference. I like being able to pop in the discs whenever I want, even if my internet service is down. I don’t have to worry about rights expiring, or servers being overwhelmed and crashing. Skipping scenes and fast forwarding or rewinding is much more intuitive, and there is no need for special apps to get the optimal experience.

But I guess I’m just old fashioned that way, much like how I despise e-readers and prefer physical books, especially hardbacks. More and more often I feel like an outsider in anime fandom, and I can’t say that I like all of the “improvements” that I’ve seen lately. I can appreciate what they offer, but I just don’t think they are always for me. Hopefully, DubCasts won’t make me feel more alienated.

As long as they go back and polish for a physical release I’d be fine with dubcast . If not then well for shame . I’m more vintage when it comes to anime so it’s not like I get to pick a lot of dubbed shows up anymore anyway ,but it’s kind of sad to see what could be thought of as rushed to get more subscribers . Hopefully they at least do a good proofing and get VA’s that can act plus handle the sped up production .

You can’t hurry art and dubbing Anime is as much an art ( or black art even ) as anything.

I bought the first season of New Game, Funimation used the same VA’s to dub it as their simuldub of the second season. It appeared to me that they rushed thru the first season just prior to starting the simuldub. So some of the VA’s were not quite “right” for their parts and the dialog at times just isn’t “right”. Now “right” is highly subjective and the dub might be fine for most fans, but I couldn’t listen to it. So, when I ripped the disks to my media server I took the time to rework it to Japanese audio and subtitles.

Funimation’s “Art of Dubbing” on New Game missed the mark for me, note: I have other Funimation dubbed series that I love what they did.

Mark Gosdin

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIDIVE ADDS “DEVILS’ LINE” DARK FANTASY VAMPIRE SERIES TO ITS SPRING 2018 SIMULCAST LINEUP READYING SIMULCAST AND EXCLUSIVE DUBCASTSM EDITIONS

Houston, March 22, 2018 – HIDIVE today announced that it acquired streaming rights to DEVILS’ LINE, the dark fantasy vampire series based on the acclaimed manga of the same name that explores the dark intersection of desire and depravity. HIDIVE will debut the subtitled simulcast edition April 7, 2018, 16:00 UTC with the English-language DUBCAST edition slated for launch within two-weeks following each episode’s simulcast premier.

DEVILS’ LINE will be available to HIDIVE subscribers in North America, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, Scandinavia, South Africa, Spain, Portugal, and the Netherlands.

Series Description
Set in a shadowy, often violent world where vampires repress their bloodlust to survive alongside humanity, a chance encounter and unlikely entanglement risk exposing the darkness that lies in every heart.

For more information on upcoming simulcast and DUBCAST programming, visit HIDIVE at www.hidive.com and follow us on social media:
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/hidiveofficial
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hidiveofficial
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hidiveofficial

About HIDIVE
HIDIVE is a streaming service offering subscribers hit titles and a catalog spanning six decades, from the latest simulcasts imported directly from Japan to hidden gems from the golden age of anime. HIDIVE’s unmatched content discovery engine ensures there is always something fresh to watch. The service now features DUBCAST editions, early access local-language dubs of simulcasts directly produced by HIDIVE available two-weeks after the original Japanese broadcast.

Since launching in 2017, the service has expanded from its browser-based platform to include mobile devices and set-top boxes. The HIDIVE service offers new simulcasts every season, an ever-growing collection of dubs, and exclusives. For more information, or to start a free trial, visit HIDIVE.com. HIDIVE and DUBCAST are trademarks of and © HIDIVE LLC.

Devils' Line

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIDIVE Adds “Real Girl” to its Spring 2018 Lineup

HOUSTON TX, March 26, 2018 – HIDIVE announced today it acquired the streaming rights to Real Girl for the Spring 2018 simulcast season. The series will be available to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Netherlands, Scandinavia, Nordics, Spain, Portugal and Central & South America. Real Girl will begin steaming each Tuesday starting on April 3, 2018 at 19:59 UTC!

Despite his disdain for real-world girls, Hikari Tsutsui can’t help but begin to fall for the beautiful social butterfly Iroha Igarashi, who, much to his surprise, not only talks to him in front of other people but also agrees to go out with him. As their relationship develops, the couple starts to learn more about each other and themselves in the process discovering what it means to truly be real.

For more information on upcoming shows, visit HIDIVE at www.hidive.com and follow us on social media:

About HIDIVE
HIDIVE is a streaming service offering subscribers hit titles and a catalog spanning six decades, from the latest simulcasts imported directly from Japan to hidden gems from the golden age of anime. HIDIVE’s unmatched content discovery engine ensures there is always something fresh to watch. The service now features DUBCAST editions, early access local-language dubs of simulcasts directly produced by HIDIVE available two-weeks after the original Japanese broadcast.

Since launching in 2017, the service has expanded from its browser-based platform to include mobile devices and set-top boxes. The HIDIVE service offers new simulcasts every season, an ever-growing collection of dubs, and exclusives. For more information, or to start a free trial, visit HIDIVE.com. HIDIVE and DUBCAST are trademarks of and © HIDIVE LLC.

Real Girl / 3D Kanojo Real Girl

Woot! Another show I won’t need to battle CR’s horrible apps to watch!

Jump into HIDIVE

3/28/2018 10:20:12 AM

What is HIDIVE, and why should you get a subscription? It’s the newest streaming service serving up anime! From the latest and greatest to the highlights of the golden age to the most recent simulcasts, you can find it on HIDIVE. Get a subscription before April 9, 2018 to guarantee your lock-in subscription pricing of $3.99 USD/mo for two years! Not convinced yet?

5 HIDIVE Features for the Anime Fan

by HIDIVE, Mar 28th 2018

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIDIVE Adds Tada Never Falls In Love to Spring 2018 Slate

HOUSTON, March 28, 2018 – HIDIVE brings a coming-of-age romance to the Spring 2018 simulcast season with its acquisition of Tada Never Falls In Love, streaming every Thursday at 13:30 UTC starting on April 5, 2018 in the following territories North America, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, South Africa, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, Spain, Portugal and Latin America!

An original anime that is being helmed by the studio Doga Kobo (Himouto! Umaru-chan, Monthly Girls’ Nozaki-kun), Tada Never Falls In Love highlights the comedic timing of a boy who’s coming to terms with growing up and realizing first love doesn’t always go as planned.

To learn more about HIDIVE’s anime streaming services, or to sign up for a 7-day free trial, visit HIDIVE.com, or follow HIDIVE on Facebook and Twitter.

About HIDIVE

Tada Never Falls In Love / Tada-kun wa Koi o Shinai

HIDIVE ATTENDS ANIME BOSTON 2018

March 28, 2018 4:35 PM

Headed to Anime Boston? Come by the HIDIVE booth (#600) to get free swag and enter to win some epic prizes! Everyone who enters our sweepstakes will receive:

• 1 FREE month of HIDIVE
  • HIDIVE convention bag

• AND Your choice of 1 of these posters:

Supplies are limited, so make sure you stop by early!

Additionally, all participants will be entered for a chance to win some major prizes including:

• Grand prize: 43” Flat screen TV + Apple TV + 1 Year of HIDIVE
  • 2nd Place: Apple TV + 6 months of HIDIVE
  • 3rd Place: Apple TV + 3 months of HIDIVE

SIGNING EVENT

Are you a fan of the anime series No Game, No Life? If so you’re in luck! Scott Gibbs (Sora) and Caitlynn French (Shiro) from the English-dubbed version will be at the HIDIVE booth on Friday, March 30 at 5:30 pm and again on Sunday, April 1 at 11 am. Fans can line up 30 minutes before each event.

Don’t have something for them to sign? We got you covered! We will also be providing these awesome posters:

PANEL

In addition, Scott and Caitlynn will be joining the Interactive HIDIVE panel! The fun will start at 8:30 pm on Friday March 30th in Constitution 1 at the Sheraton. Come by for the news and stay for the fun interactive experience.

Will they be as good at playing games as the characters they play?

And, if you haven’t watched No Game, No Life before…add that to your queue today!

Want to stay up-to-date with the all latest news from HIDIVE? Be sure to give us a follow on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIDIVE Transforms its Spring 2018 Lineup With “Cutie Honey Universe” Saluting Fifty Years of Go Nagai’s Visionary Work

HOUSTON, TX, March 29, 2018 - HIDIVE announced today that it acquired the streaming rights to Cutie Honey Universe for the Spring 2018 simulcast season. The series will be available in the following territories: the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, South Africa, the Netherlands, Scandinavia, Nordic, Spain, Portugal and Central and South America.

Cutie Honey Universe will be available for simulcast streaming each Sunday beginning on April 8, 2018 at 13:30 UTC!

Series Description:
Honey Kisaragi is an amazingly humanlike and fashion-conscious android with the unique ability to transform her body into a wide range of outrageous yet stylish disguises, each of which comes with its own dazzling super ability. After a run-in with a sinister secret criminal cabal organization, Panther Claw, the luscious and law-abiding Honey makes it her mission to bring them down.

For more information on upcoming shows, visit HIDIVE at www.hidive.com and follow us on social media:

About HIDIVE

Cutey Honey / Cutie Honey

I think I’ll give Cutie Honey a try, having never seen the older versions.

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIDIVE Spikes the Spring 2018 Season with Dark Psychological Thriller “DOREIKU The Animation” Available in Simulcast and DUBCAST Editions

HOUSTON TX, April 3, 2018 – HIDIVE announced today it acquired streaming rights to DOREIKU The Animation for the Spring 2018 simulcast season. The dark psychological thriller premieres Thursday, April 12, 2018, at 17:00 UCT for HIDIVE subscribers in North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Latin America, the Netherlands and Scandinavia with new simulcast episodes added weekly.

Series Description:
DOREIKU The Animation explores the twisted dynamic of slave/master relationships in modern-day Tokyo through 23 storylines that intersect to create a complex web of deception and violence. The series will leave viewers questioning society’s morality and wondering how far they would go if they were given ultimate control.

About HIDIVE

Doreiku The Animation / Dorei-ku: Boku to 23-nin no Dorei

Excellent! I wonder if that’s it for the DubCast shows, or if there will be more. There are still a lot of spring shows unaccounted for.

I assumed there would only be 2-3 to start off. Maybe we’ll see one more?

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HIDIVE STREAMING VIDEO APP LAUNCHES ON APPLE TV IN 100+ COUNTRIES

Houston, TX, April 4, 2018 – HIDIVE today announced its streaming video app is now available for tvOS enabled Apple TV devices (4th generation and later) extending the HIDIVE streaming platform to users in more than 100 countries including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. HIDIVE subscribers can enjoy their favorite anime series streamed directly from their Apple TV in high definition (1080p).

“Consoles and set-top devices are increasingly becoming the predominant means of enjoying entertainment content apart from mobile devices,” said John Ledford, Founder and President of HIDIVE. “Our customers have been cheering for more options to enjoy their favorite programming and this extension of HIDIVE into the Apple TV ecosystem adds another extremely important dimension to our service.”

Features of HIDIVE’s new tvOS app include robust search capabilities powered by HIDIVE micro tagging, synced playlists (user favorites, continue watching and user queue), the ability to add-to-queue directly from the app, access to exclusive simulcast programming directly from Japan and DUBCAST editions of their favorite shows plus more.

For more information, a full list of plan features, or to sign up for HIDIVE visit www.hidive.com/account/signup.

You can also learn more about HIDIVE at:

About HIDIVE

Apple TV and tvOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Nothing in this communication constitutes an endorsement by Apple Inc. of any product or service.

Finally!! I’m looking forward to trying it out. Unfortunately, I work 16 hour shifts the next two days, but I’m on vacation after that.

Well I will subscribe now .