High School of the Dead / Gakuen Mokushiroku

On Wednesday, March 2nd, the cast for the English Dub of High School of the Dead will be announced!
(And it just might come with some sweet extras!)

In the meanwhile, we want to hear your speculations and predictions!!!

[size=16]High School of the Dead English Dub: Guess The Cast[/size]
Copy the character list below and post a reply with your guesses/picks:

• Takashi Komuro -
  • Rei Miyamoto -
  • Saya Takagi -
  • Kota Hirano -
  • Nurse Shizuka Marikawa -
  • Saeko Busujima -
  • Hisashi Igo -

If there are characters not included above, which you want to take guesses at, just add 'em to your list.

Don’t forget: the English Dub will premiere on Anime Network’s Cable/Satellite VOD services on March 10th.

Over the next several weeks there will be more announcements regarding dates for additional services & releases, so stay tuned!

Awesome!

Though I don’t think you can answer my question of whether it’s an in-house dub or whether they sent it out, since it is a guessing game.

From the begining, I wanted them to send it out to Ocean, since they do awesome Madhouse stuff.

Saya Takagi - Hilary Haag this is my only guess.

My guesses:

• Takashi Komuro - Chris Patton
  • Rei Miyamoto - Jessica Boone
  • Saya Takagi - Hilary Haag
  • Kota Hirano - Blake Shepard
  • Nurse Shizuka Marikawa - Carli Mosier
  • Saeko Busujima - Shelley Calene-Black
  • Hisashi Igo - Chris Ayres
  • Rei Miyamoto - Jessica Boone
  • Saya Takagi - Brittany Karbowski
  • Kota Hirano - Greg Ayres
  • Nurse Shizuka Marikawa - Shelley Calene-Black
  • Saeko Busujima - Luci Christian
  • Takashi Komuro - David Matranga
  • Rei Miyamoto - Taylor Hannah
  • Saya Takagi - Jessica Boone
  • Kota Hirano - Josh Grelle
  • Nurse Shizuka Marikawa - Maggie Flecknoe
  • Hisashi Igo - Blake Shepard

Here is my two Lincolns:

• Rei Miyamoto - Lucy Christian
  • Saya Takagi - Emily Neves
  • Saeko Busujima - Jessica Boone
  • Hisashi Igo - Vic Mignogna

And here’s some more:
*Mr. Shido - David Matranga
*Rika Minami - Kaytha Coker
*Alice Maresato - Hilary Haag
*Souichiro Tagaki - Andrew Love/David Wald
*Zeke - Monica Rial

[quote=Tonka]
Here is my two Lincolns:

• Saya Takagi - Emily Neves
  • Hisashi Igo - Vic Mignogna

And here’s some more:
*Mr. Shido - David Matranga
*Rika Minami - Kaytha Coker
*Souichiro Tagaki - Andrew Love/David Wald
*Zeke - Monica Rial[/quote]

Ummmm…Vic Mignogna moved to California. Sure he used to work with ADV Films in the past, but due to certain issues (ADV Films/Sentai Filmworks/Section23 doesn’t have that large reputation of hiring out of state voice actors for their English dubs like what Funimation does sometimes), should Vic ever need to work at Texas nowadays, it must be under the Funimation label. Same with Spike Spencer.

But I’m curious if Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham ever worked with ADV Films in the past, but someone mentioned Laura Bailey in another forums when the dub of Highschool of the Dead was announced.

But anyways, may top guesses:

• Takashi Komuro-Chris Patton (with him in the recent dubs of Needless and Guin Saga, I’m putting him as the top guess for this character)
  • Rei Miyamoto - Luci Christian (since Steven Foster is involved in this, there is a high chance Luci Christian will be in there)
  • Saya Takagi- Shelley Calene-Black
  • Kouta Hirano- Greg Ayres
  • Nurse Shizuka Marikawa- Monica Rial
  • Hisashi Igo - David Matranga (same reason relating to Luci Christian)

Also:
*Koichi Shido - Andrew Love
*Souichiro Tagaki - Chris Hutchison

The rest I really can’t think, but a few honorable guesses that might be in the dub (although not fully assigned) include:
*Rob Mungle
*Blake Shepard
*Britnney Karbowski
*Serena Varghese
*Emily Neves
*Jay Hickman
*Illich Guardiola

Very interesting choices, everyone! Don’t forget, on Wednesday, we’ll post the cast along with some nice extras!

I haven’t been keeping up with where sentai pulls from as much as i usually do, but i’ll still take a crack at this.

• Takashi Komuro - chris patton
  • Rei Miyamoto - luci christian
  • Saya Takagi - brittany karbowski
  • Kota Hirano - greg ayres
  • Nurse Shizuka Marikawa - monica rial
  • Saeko Busujima - shelley callene black

Slowhand suggested (well, chastised- she called me a sly minx!) that I should give you guys some hints to lessen the suspense. You guys have had some pretty good guesses- I’m impressed!

Some of the actors that have been suggested do appear as unnamed minor characters and additional voices, but not main cast member. Others who were suggested are paired with the incorrect character. And there were a couple nails hit on the head!

[size=16]Of the actor/character pairings:[/size]

chrisc - None correct

aquastar831 - 1 match correct, 1 other name correct, but matched to wrong character

dawgstar - 1 match correct, 1 other name correct, but matched to wrong character

deathfromabove1993 - No matches correct, 5 other names correct, but matched to wrong characters

tonka - 1 match correct, 4 other names correct, but matched to wrong characters

Dark Paladin X - 3 matches correct, 2 other names correct, but matched to wrong characters

kakitamike - 1 match correct, 2 other names correct, but matched to wrong characters

Anyone think they can figure it out??? :evil:

1 Like

Is that one of those logic problems? I’m soooo bad with them. It’s my distractablility. I start so well and then… ooh, I forgot to get the toast out of the toaster…

1 Like

Lol! I was going to make a joke in my earlier post about you guys putting on your thinking caps and falling back on those elementary school logic problems… but then I got distracted by the way my desk lamp was reflecting off of my can of Rockstar and then- huh? Lost my train of though…

1 Like

Well, I will give this a go:

• Takashi Komuro - Blake Shepard
  • Saya Takagi - Jessica Boone
  • Nurse Shizuka Marikawa - Monia Rial
  • Saeko Busujima - Shelley Calene Black
  • Hisashi Igo - Chris Patton

[quote=Dark_Paladin_X]
Ummmm…Vic Mignogna moved to California. Sure he used to work with ADV Films in the past, but due to certain issues (ADV Films/Sentai Filmworks/Section23 doesn’t have that large reputation of hiring out of state voice actors for their English dubs like what Funimation does sometimes), should Vic ever need to work at Texas nowadays, it must be under the Funimation label. Same with Spike Spencer.

But I’m curious if Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham ever worked with ADV Films in the past, but someone mentioned Laura Bailey in another forums when the dub of Highschool of the Dead was announced.[/quote]

Vic Mignogna actually has dubbing equipment in his home, so a lot of his performances for Funimation are done in California. He could theoretically do the same for Sentai, however I don’t know if there might be other issues at play.

Also, I don’t believe Travis Willingham has done any work at ADV, but Laura Bailey has been in at least one of their dubs. She has appeared in Diamond Daydreams.

Here are my guesses.

• Rei Miyamoto - Monica Rial

• Saya Takagi - Luci Christian

• Nurse Shizuka Marikawa - Jessica Boone

• Hisashi Igo - ?

• Alice Maresato - Hilary Haag

• Koichi Shido - Rob Mungle

[quote=spazzysam]
Of the actor/character pairings:

chrisc - None correct

aquastar831 - 1 match correct, 1 other name correct, but matched to wrong character

dawgstar - 1 match correct, 1 other name correct, but matched to wrong character

deathfromabove1993 - No matches correct, 5 other names correct, but matched to wrong characters

tonka - 1 match correct, 4 other names correct, but matched to wrong characters

Dark Paladin X - 3 matches correct, 2 other names correct, but matched to wrong characters

kakitamike - 1 match correct, 2 other names correct, but matched to wrong characters

Anyone think they can figure it out??? :evil:[/quote]

Hmmm…looking at your clues:

deathfromabove1993 having no matches right and five other names correct and the other two have 5 names correct (me and tonka), I’d say the top 100% definite five that will be in the dub is Jessica Boone, David Matranga, and Shelley Calene-Black, Chris Patton, and Luci Christian.

Vic Mignogna will 100% NOT be in the dub. While it’s true he have his dubbing studio in his own home as dragonrider_cody pointed out, Vic moved out to California. This and screw issues like union status would most likely that Vic would not be in this dub, as ADV/Sentai extremely rarely hire out of state voice actors (in fact, Funimation would most likely hire out of state voice actors than ADV/Sentai) and because of the reformatting of ADV, money would be much limited that it’s much cheaper to have Aaron Dismuke in a dub than Vic Mignogna.

Steven Foster is the ADR Director

The top two matches that are most likely correct are Chris Patton as Takashi Komuro and Greg Ayres as Kouta Hirano.

If we were to go with the typecasting rules, Greg Ayres will be voicing Kouta, Chris Patton as Takashi, Luci Christian as Rei, Jessica Boone as Nurse Shizuka, and Hiliary Haag as Alice.

Alright gang- the moment you have all waited so patiently for:

[size=16]The High School of the DEAD English Dub Cast is:[/size]
(click on a name to watch a sneak peak of the newly voiced character!)

Takashi Komuro

Rei Miyamoto

Saya Takagi

Kota Hirano

Saeko Busujima

Shizuka Marikawa

Hisashi Igo

Arisa Maresato - Brittney Karbowski

Rika Minami - Melissa Davis

Kouichi Shido - Illich Guardiola

Soichiro Takagi - Andrew Love

Yuriko Takagi - Shelley Calene-Black

[quote=spazzysam]
Alright gang- the moment you have all waited so patiently for:

The High School of the DEAD English Dub Cast is:
(click on a name to watch a sneak peak of the newly voiced character!)

Takashi Komuro

Rei Miyamoto

Saya Takagi

Kota Hirano

Saeko Busujima

Shizuka Marikawa

Hisashi Igo

Arisa Maresato - Brittney Karbowski

Rika Minami - Melissa Davis

Kouichi Shido - Illich Guardiola

Soichiro Takagi - Andrew Love

Yuriko Takagi - Shelley Calene-Black[/quote]

Have had Greg Ayers in my head as being Hirano so it’s going to take me a few to adjust. Also been watching most Foreign stuff subtitled lately so taking me a little bit to adjust back to hearing people speaking in English. Other then that loved the previews and look forward to the full thing whenever I get a chance to watch it. Hopefully the Blu-ray/DVD’s come out in June.

Isn’t the little girl Alice, not Arisa?