High School of the Dead / Gakuen Mokushiroku

Episode 10:

[size=15]BEST EPISODE YET![/size]

The writing was crisp, powerful and dead on. The voice acting was true and believable. It wasn’t the literal Japanese but it was faithful to the storyline and moved me more than the sub version did. Steven Foster, all is forgiven.

This does bring up an observation. Sometimes, being able to hear and understand the emotions as well as the words gives a scene a greater impact. This is the main advantage of a well written, well voiced and well directed dub. This episode has all three.

Once I recognized the voice of that dad I loved it. The poor guy is going to get typecast as the crazy dad.

[quote=ShawnMerrow]
Once I recognized the voice of that dad I loved it. The poor guy is going to get typecast as the crazy dad.[/quote]

He’d be perfect as Father Kanae in Maria Holic.

Can’t wait to watch this with the subs on while watching the dub.

HoTD’s Bluray presells seem to be doing well on Amazon. It’s the number four preorder in the horror section and number one in anime. It’s been a while since an ADV/Sentai show has been up there. I think this should do quite well for them.

does anyone know if the version on the Zume Marketplace is the uncensored version of the show? I am really tempted to pick up the series on there but i am not sure if it is censored like the AN Online one is.

All the dubbed versions are uncensored. The subbed versions on AN Online and PSN are censored. So if the Zune version is subbed, its likely censored. I don’t believe the dubbed, uncensored versions will be available for a little while longer.

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
All the dubbed versions are uncensored. The subbed versions on AN Online and PSN are censored. So if the Zune version is subbed, its likely censored. I don’t believe the dubbed, uncensored versions will be available for a little while longer.[/quote]

AN just put up the Dubbed version on the Zune Market this past friday from watching the preview of an episode.

[quote=techieq]

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
All the dubbed versions are uncensored. The subbed versions on AN Online and PSN are censored. So if the Zune version is subbed, its likely censored. I don’t believe the dubbed, uncensored versions will be available for a little while longer.[/quote]
AN just put up the Dubbed version on the Zune Market this past friday from watching the preview of an episode.[/quote]
Then it should be uncensored.

Finished up the dub a few days ago.

There were quite a few f-bombs in it, though definitely not as many as the Black Lagoon dub, and most seem to fit fairly well.
All in all, it wasn’t too bad, barring a couple minor issues I had, I can live with it quite well.

I’m definitely going to have to sit down watch the DVD when it shows up later this month though, as I’m rather curious to see what parts of the dub they changed.

DVD’s and Blu-ray’s are starting to ship out from Rightstuf.

Mine’s still in the “Reserved For Your Order” status, but that means it’ll probably ship out in the next few days.

Mine’s processing :woohoo:

Rightstuf is sending out these little postcard sized ad cards.

Front is the picture from the cover.

The back says

[quote]
Your Name,

Prepare for the zombie apocalypse!

{Logo}
The Complete Series on Blu-ray and DVD!

The end of the world begins on June 28,2011.

Order Today!
hotd.rightstuf.com
or find it at a retailer near you.[/quote]

[quote=psychopuppet]

Rightstuf is sending out these little postcard sized ad cards.

The back says

"Your Name,

Prepare for the zombie apocalypse!

{Logo}
The Complete Series on Blu-ray and DVD!

The end of the world begins on June 28,2011.

Order Today!
hotd.rightstuf.com
or find it at a retailer near you."[/quote]
So Harold Camping had it wrong, eh? :lol:

I got the post card today and I also got my order of H.O.T.D blu-ray and a few other dvds.

psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]Rightstuf is sending out these little postcard sized ad cards.

The back says

Yeah, I got one today also.
I actually had a good laugh about it too, since my DVD showed up today as well.

I went ahead and ordered HotD on blue ray plus Samurai Girls for blue ray. I am a sucker for a decent sale.

Two highlight the different spectrum’s.

http://www.fandompost.com/2011/06/15/highschool-of-the-dead-complete-series-blu-ray-review/

ANN Review: High School of the Dead Complete Collection Blu-ray

To me ANN’s review is done in a way it seems more like someone writing a review for their Anime blog.

I’d personally have given it a B overall. Good show ,but at the same time it made me roll my eyes one to many times to give it an A.

[quote=psychopuppet]
To me ANN’s review is done in a way it seems more like someone writing a review for their Anime blog.[/quote]

It’s Zac, what do you expect?

I’m actually rather surprised he rated it that high.
When I noticed it was Zac doing the review, I really expected the Overall rating to be in the D range.