High School of the Dead / Gakuen Mokushiroku

The funny thing is both reviews pretty much say the same thing, albiet in each reviewers’ own writing style. They both delve into the genres’ core tropes, the sexuality/fanservice, the violence, the collapse of humanity, etc. as well as getting into the quality of the animation and BD as well. The difference in grades, I think, comes from their love or hate of the horror genre, and zombie horror in particular.

Chris, from his review, enjoyed the show because of its’ unapologetic approach: trashy, exploitative, gory, gun-ho teens, etc.
Seems like he enjoys watching a good zombie flick.

Zach, on the other hand, because of these same elements, did not like it.
Seems like he doesn’t like zombie movies.
So than why review a show titled “Highschool of the Dead”?

…all I’m saying… :S

At least he agrees with me on the dub :whistle:

###Anime Expo to Host 3 From High School of the Dead Crew
posted on 2011-06-21 16:00 EDT
Madhouse’s Tetsuro Araki, Masayoshi Tanaka, Kentaro Hashimoto to attend Los Angeles convention

[size=16]Uncensored Dub Coming to Online on - 7/4[/size]

does any know when season 2 coming

[quote=zameek]
does any know when season 2 coming[/quote]

There hasn’t been a second season confirmed for the series yet. It seems to have done well in North America, but whether or not there will be a second season will be dependent on how it did in Japan. I’m hoping for a second season as well, but if there is one there might be some wait for it.

I heard it did fairly well all over wherever it was shown. There is a strong possibility they are waiting for more material to get released in manga form before they start another season.

Just saw the manga is on hiatus at the moment.

Well thats to be expected i mean it’s only been eight months since the earthquake and tsunami teh’re still probably recovering and working on rebiulding

After watching the series of the high school of the dead, remind me of series that’s on about the walk dead but anyways, do you think they will continue the story line of this series really like to know if they solve what’s causing it or if the group of seven survive and if the Teacher with the kids in the bus don’t well just the teacher dies but that’s just me.

BradKoJ :blink:

I have been wondering why does Great Eastern Entertainment only make High School of the Dead merchandise? Why not Clannad or Angel Beats! becouse as far as I can tell all three are big sellers? Is it that Sentai Filmworks does not have merchandise rights, then how do you explain the lithographs?

[quote=chrisc]
Is it that Sentai Filmworks does not have merchandise rights, then how do you explain the lithographs?[/quote]

I believe with all of the lithographs Rightstuf handled all of the getting permission from the Japanese side. Remember also when Sentai licensed Clannad they were still getting stuff together. They may not have felt at the time they needed to spend money to pick up merchandise rights. I think it may have still been one big ole ADV at the time cause the original press release said it was going to be over 6 volumes and dubbed. The got burned on merchandise rights so many times they only seem to get them for shows like HSOTD that has crossover outside of Anime fan sales potential.

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=chrisc]
Is it that Sentai Filmworks does not have merchandise rights, then how do you explain the lithographs?[/quote]

I believe with all of the lithographs Rightstuf handled all of the getting permission from the Japanese side. Remember also when Sentai licensed Clannad they were still getting stuff together. They may not have felt at the time they needed to spend money to pick up merchandise rights. I think it may have still been one big ole ADV at the time cause the original press release said it was going to be over 6 volumes and dubbed. The got burned on merchandise rights so many times they only seem to get them for shows like HSOTD that has crossover outside of Anime fan sales potential.[/quote]

I would believe that. I don’t normally buy anything other then animes. Clannad and Angel Beats! are two of my most favorite animes. I bought some Clannad and Angel Beats merchandise at Anime Boston this year but other then that I just buy animes and certain Lithographs, I am kinda glad Great Eastern Entertainment doesn’t make merchandise for those two animes or I would be like “Gotta collect them all”. I don’t have the money for figures other then the ones I bought at Anime Boston.

[size=16]Sentai Filmworks Adds Highschool of the Dead Video Anime Streams[/size]
posted on 2012-09-29 13:25 EDT
English dub for 20-minute anime originally bundled with 7th manga volume

Kind of disappointed that it’s dubbed only, since the series was released subbed on most of the Digital Download sites (Zune, PSN) Hopefully if the oft rumored season 2 comes about, we’ll get a proper sub release them.

Then again, it was probably cheaper to get it this way and at least I get to see it, so I’m not too disappointed lol.

[quote=“Series5Ranger”]Kind of disappointed that it’s dubbed only, since the series was released subbed on most of the Digital Download sites (Zune, PSN) Hopefully if the oft rumored season 2 comes about, we’ll get a proper sub release them.

Then again, it was probably cheaper to get it this way and at least I get to see it, so I’m not too disappointed lol.[/quote]

I am sure it would also be streamed with subs also. just look at this “Bodacious Space Pirates on Blu-ray Disc and DVD with an English dub” not one word about subs on the release.

Since Halloween is coming up started watching the series again on Netflix. The thing seem liked their was dome differences in the dub but figured it was just faulty memory. I got to episode 5 and noticed a very definite change from the one I saw on VOD.

Bridge scene
Hirano said “Double tap, baby” in the dub.

I’m very happy with the change but had no idea it had been done. Anyone know any more about this or which version is on the DVD/Blu-Ray release.

[quote=“ShawnMerrow”]Since Halloween is coming up started watching the series again on Netflix. The thing seem liked their was dome differences in the dub but figured it was just faulty memory. I got to episode 5 and noticed a very definite change from the one I saw on VOD.

Bridge scene

I’m very happy with the change but had no idea it had been done. Anyone know any more about this or which version is on the DVD/Blu-Ray release.[/quote]

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,4/func,view/id,76847/limit,10/limitstart,50/#83689

Thanks, missed that when I scanned the thread again.

[quote=“Slowhand”]

[quote=“ShawnMerrow”]Since Halloween is coming up started watching the series again on Netflix. The thing seem liked their was dome differences in the dub but figured it was just faulty memory. I got to episode 5 and noticed a very definite change from the one I saw on VOD.

Bridge scene

I’m very happy with the change but had no idea it had been done. Anyone know any more about this or which version is on the DVD/Blu-Ray release.[/quote]

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,4/func,view/id,76847/limit,10/limitstart,50/#83689[/quote]
Thats cool but I don’t think I will watch anything other then my Blu-ray disk.

[quote=“Slowhand”]

[quote=“ShawnMerrow”]Since Halloween is coming up started watching the series again on Netflix. The thing seem liked there was some differences in the dub but figured it was just faulty memory. I got to episode 5 and noticed a very definite change from the one I saw on VOD.

Bridge scene

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,4/func,view/id,76847/limit,10/limitstart,50/#83689[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me, Slow… NOT.

I call us even for the “Alice’s Restaurant” incident…