High School of the Dead / Gakuen Mokushiroku

lol yeah i seen boobs like that b4.plus i understood that as a anime trope. i didnt really pay attention to the funbags cause i was engrosed in the zombie thriller that is the first couple episodes.

I do wish that they would have reduced the unrealistic stuff in HSotD. In general I liked its blend of serious horror and comedy but in wish that some scenes, like the sword character being able to leap 50ā€™ and send zombies almost into orbit with a bokken (mai-otome style lol; this was like watching an advance copy of blazblue the anime) and the aforementioned matrix boobs, had been toned down.

I like that the dub for the ova decided to ā€œoverwriteā€ the sub regarding the explanation for why the obese otaku was a master spear fisher (the subā€™s explanation was, well, something no one would believe).

Sentai AX Panel

10:50:19 <bay|AX|Sentai> November 2014 releases
10:50:22 <bay|AX|Sentai> we have a few surprises
10:50:43 <bay|AX|Sentai> High School of the Dead box set
10:49:06 <bay|AX|Sentai> One of the first box sets this year will be for High School of the Dead which will have all 12 eps, the ova, and a bunch of other goodies

Q. How big is the book for the HOTD collectorā€™s edition going to be? Over 100+ pages?
A. Itā€™s a healthy size, I think. Thereā€™s definitely a lot of interesting stuff in it. :slight_smile:

Q. Will we see pictures of all the stuff in that and the Chunibyo CE closer to their release?
A. Yes, we will do an unboxing video for it when it arrives. :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s your official first full look at the High School of the Dead Collectorā€™s Edition Box Set. Thoughts?

Thatā€™s a downright sexy box right there. Makes me almost want to double dip and put it next to the Yen Press omnibus editions on the shelf.

Almostā€¦ :wink:

What is with the giant black square thing? and is the accordion thing supposed to hold the disc? Using cardboard to protect discs still, have people not learned yet than packing material is not for storage?

Is that postcard type things as well? :ohmy:

Itā€™s as if NISA made another dubbed LE :wink:

The foldout disc holder looks kinda cool IMO, especially since Sentai included a box to contain it (not repeating the mistakes of Titan and too many Viridians).

BTW, is it just me or does the rifle on the front and spine appear to be floating in the air? the charā€™s hand isnā€™t really on it and we know she doesnā€™t have Millia Rage style prehensile hair :slight_smile:

All other weapons are clearly shown in the grip of their wielders.

[quote=ā€œshadzarā€]What is with the giant black square thing? and is the accordion thing supposed to hold the disc? Using cardboard to protect discs still, have people not learned yet than packing material is not for storage?

Is that postcard type things as well? :ohmy:[/quote]
The giant black square thing is the included bandana.

Look behind her boob.

Her boob is in the way, but she is holding it.

Must be using some sort of Taurus Silver inspired magic on it like in Monolith Code to make it stand up so straight then, or WAY too much starch!

Cā€™mon, we all know thatā€™s impossible. Like a space helicopter :wink:

I think I see some arm peeking out from behind but that means that sheā€™s holding the gun via an awkward grip on the rear of the stock. However, comparing the left arm to the obscured right, the piece of arm poking out looks to be about where the elbow ought to be so whereā€™s the forearm?

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™d do with a bandanna but I second the remark that it looks like it could defeat Cardinal Georgeā€™s invisible bullet technique :slight_smile:

The lovely Lainee would like to show you all of the contents of our High School of the Dead Collectorā€™s Edition!

Get your copy today: Explore the Ultimate Anime & Manga Shop | Crunchyroll Store

Highschool of the Dead - Did You Know Anime? Feat. Akidearest

Combined threads.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Not to be a downer but sad news today:

High School of the Dead Manga Creator Daisuke Satō Passes Away at 52

Rest in Peace , I enjoyed what we got,

Thanks for posting that here, itā€™s also in the Anime/Manga/Japan Obituaries.

https://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/140658112733

Q. If could, please put high school of the dead and no game no life on Toonami

A. Great idea, but that is actually Toonamiā€™s decision. Make sure you tell them that you want those shows :slight_smile: Weā€™re certainly not opposed to the idea!

1 Like

Wow! It finally happened!

2 Likes