iPad/iPhone/iPod/iOS -- Post Questions, Comment, Problems Here

iPhone 4S 32 GB

The update seems to have fixed the missing media problem. Everything I’ve tried plays fine on my iPhone. Hopefully, the issues can get resolved on iPad.

I have an iPhone5, and I get the message “Sorry! This episode is not currently available. Please try later.” whenever I try to play any premium content. Free content will play fine in the iPhone app, but not premium content. :frowning:

iPad 2 WiFi
iOS - Latest version
TAN App - Latest version

Just updated the app. First time I opened it, it crashed. I opened it again, and it finally loaded. But I didn’t see any of the new content like K-on.

same here losing money…

A bit different of a problem: I cannot access the first episode of “Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai!” through Safari on my iPhone.

1. What kind of device: iPhone
  2. Version of device: iPhone 4,
  3. iOS Version: 5.1
  4. Connection type: WiFi
  5. Are you using the App or Safari? Safari
  6. Name of show and episode number: Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1
  7. If I try to access the show through “Watch Anime Now”, I get brought to a blank screen. If I try to access it through the A-Z Index or What’s On, I can access the show’s info page, but trying to access the video itself leads me to a blank screen. I haven’t run into this problem with any other show yet.

[quote=“stardf29” post=127742]A bit different of a problem: I cannot access the first episode of “Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai!” through Safari on my iPhone.

6. Name of show and episode number: Chunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1
  7. If I try to access the show through “Watch Anime Now”, I get brought to a blank screen. If I try to access it through the A-Z Index or What’s On, I can access the show’s info page, but trying to access the video itself leads me to a blank screen. I haven’t run into this problem with any other show yet.[/quote]

I’m having the same problem.

iPhone 4S.
iOS 6.0

New iPad, iOS 6
app crashes immediately cannot even get into it for a moment.

on my iPhone 4s I can get in and it appears to work. I tested heavens memo pad episode 1 and it worked although in japanese so I don’t know if it is recognizing my account or not. I don’t know for sure what is premium content and what isn’t. I just don’t get why iPad won’t work at all and what the issues are? The dev smells like poo methinks

I’m about ready to blow a blood vessel over you people. Now as previously reported I can not watch anything on my IPhone using your app or any browser. If I log in using a web browse on the phone and try to watch a show I just get a blank black screen with a useless play button. To make matters worse if I try to log in on my laptop using safari, Firefox or google an ad for shows covers up the login button so I can’t press it. All I can watch anywhere now are guest shows. I really think its time for people to start to decide if its worth subscribing in view of all these problems . I never have problems with Hulu or Netflix

IOS 6
IPad 2

The player screen won’ t allow me to select login. Only allows link to provider. When I go to link page, it looks like I am signed in. Account page won’t let me to log out. No response on button.

Disappointing, older version worked great.

I recently downloaded the Anime app and purchased a 3 month subscription. However, upon trying to register my account I received an error message stating stating NO Esubsriber User or something to that effect I then attempted to use the Restore in App Purchases button and got the same result. After that I came to the website and registered then went back to the app hit the restore button and activated my account but now I still cannot watch many of the shows that are supposed to be dubbed that I should now have access to. I like Anime Network alot enough so that I am sticking with them or attempting to even after ousting my DirecTV. Is there a solution to fix this problem?

Will report this.

Next time, please report in the proper thread http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,5/func,view/id,62294/limit,10/limitstart,410/

New iPad
IOS6
Through App
Wifi

App crashes instantly when i try to login. sucks cuz i had JUST purchased a subscription.

Going through the crash logs it says the exception type is EXC_BAD_ACCES (SIGSEGV)

The Exception codes are KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000b

please fix it. I’m able to watch free content when i delete the app and redowload it. but when i try to login it will crash… and crash and crash. i can’t even finish subscribing yet I’ve been charged.

[quote=“me2151” post=127930]New iPad
IOS6
Through App
Wifi

App crashes instantly when i try to login. sucks cuz i had JUST purchased a subscription.

Going through the crash logs it says the exception type is EXC_BAD_ACCES (SIGSEGV)

The Exception codes are KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000b

please fix it. I’m able to watch free content when i delete the app and redowload it. but when i try to login it will crash… and crash and crash. i can’t even finish subscribing yet I’ve been charged.[/quote]

Please email your crash log files to info@theanimenetwork.com with APP CRASH LOG in the Subject Line. We need this info to help fix this problem.
Thank you very much!

Email sent. Hopefully it gets fixed. Also… I subscribed on the ipad but couldn’t make a username so I made one on the pc… However I registered with the same email I used for the iTunes subscription(for anime network app) yet. On the Pc is doesn’t say I’m subscribed. Only registered

when I try watching dub on iOS I get

“Sorry! This episode is not currently available. Please try later.”

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 3 is not loading for me…

6. Name of show and episode number: Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 3
  7. Describe the problem you are experiencing. When trying to play the episode, screen remains as a black loading screen indefinitely.

[quote=“stardf84” post=128260]Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 3 is not loading for me…

6. Name of show and episode number: Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb Episode 3
  7. Describe the problem you are experiencing. When trying to play the episode, screen remains as a black loading screen indefinitely.[/quote]

You’re not even getting the ‘Server Not Found’ screen? Hmmm, ok, I’ll notify the great gods of Administration.

iPad
3rd gen
iOS 6
WiFi
app
I just reinstalled app and upon launch it just has the spinning circle forever and goes no further

I can’t believe the iPad app is just totally non functioning still at this stage of the game. Dev team is smelly load

app is not working on iPhone 5 or iPad 4

1. iPad
  2. 3
  3. 6.0 firmware iBoot-1537.4.18
  4. WiFi
  5. App v2.3
  6. App crashes randomly. It crashes seconds after icon is touched. It hangs on sign-in screen with twiddle circle moving, it crashes as I’m typing in my username, it crashes while viewing EULA, etc. App is astonishingly unstable.

I know writing apps for IOS devices isn’t easy, but it can be done. There are thousands of apps available, including apps for Crunchyroll and Funimation, that prove it can be done. I’d recommend that Anime Network void the current app developer’s contract for gross incompetence and find a programming team that can do the job. I’ve worked in computer gaming software since 1989 and can tell when a developer is in over their head.