AN Forums

iPad/iPhone/iPod/iOS -- Post Questions, Comment, Problems Here

1. What kind of device: iPhone5
  2. Version of device: iPhone 5,
  3. iOS Version: 5.1
  4. Connection type: WiFi
  5. Are you using the App or Safari? App
  6. Name of show and episode number: All of them
  7. Describe the problem you are experiencing: When trying to play any episode, screen remains as a black loading screen for me as well. Also, I’m now unable to log back in using the app after reinstalling it. I tried changing my password online, and I am 100% sure that I have typed in the user name and password correctly.

This is frustrating, since Ireally wanted the iphone app to be able to stream it to my tv.

In addition, I cannot run anything in HD. I have an absolutely killer download speed of 50Mbs, and I can stream HD video from every other site, except this one. This streaming problem is on a windows7 machine with Radeon 6700 dual video cars and 2.8 quadcore processor.

*Update: I have cancelled my subscription due to this app being absolutely worthless. I’ve waited for any solutions to be presented for several weeks, and nothing has happened.

1. iPad
  2. iPad 1
  3. iOS 5.1.1
  4. Wi-fi connection
  5. App
  6. N/A
  7. I signed up for the monthly $6.99 plan through the app, but when the app wanted me to either create an anime network account or login with the one I have, the app crashed, and now I’m still considered a guest user on the app and a registered user on the website, is there any way to link the accounts?

Did iTunes send you a receipt for the subscription purchase? If so try going back into the app and to settings, from there you can restore in app purchases and try signing in again. If that doesn’t work come back here and post again stating what you have done on your end. They may have to manually enter you into the system. I had the same problem but they fixed it.

The in-app restore looks like it worked, e-mailed support just in case, thanks for the reply.

No problem anything to help

1. IPad
  2. IPad 2
  3. iOS : 6.0.1
  4. WiFi
  5. App
  6. All
  7. the app crashes at start up. After the initial start up it crashes when I try and switch features within the app. ( from Shows to Features or back)

If you have problems we need to know:

1. iPhone
  2. iPhone 4S
  3. I.O.S. 6.0.1
  4. WIFI
  5. App
  6. High School of the Dead, Angel Beats, Elfen Lied, Canaan
  7. I purchased the app from the app store, installed, subscribed monthly, and for the four shows listed about (these are the only four I tried) I can not view the DUBBED versions passed episode 2. So episodes 1 and 2 play fine in dubbed, but nothing past. I reinstalled the app and restarted my iPhone, no luck. I checked all four and all but Canaan work fine when I use the SUBTITLED versions, but the DUBBED do not.

I am using and Ipad I, Wifii OS 5.1.1

The loggin in problem went away with the last update… You just can never sign out…

I’ve notice Episodes missing from series… IE Campion, on the IPAD it only goes up to episode 9!

Then on several of the series… You get the infinite loading situation.

When you load a video, several things happen… First the back button changes to a 30sec back button, then the pause and the forward buttons will dim, then you will usually see the Anime bug on the lower right corner of the screen. The pause will brighten up, and you go from there…

With the loading issue, you might get the back button change, or not… But no further…

Don’t know if this observation helps or not…

Between the missing episodes, and the one’s that don’t load, the app is getting a little less use… And that’s why I cam to this service…

Hello,

Having issues w/o any hopeful resolution in sight after emailing Anime Network multiple times in the past 1.5 months.

1. What kind of device: iPhone4/iPad 3
  2. Version of device: iPhone 4/iPad3
  3. iOS Version: 5.1.1
  5. Are you using the App or Safari? App
  6. Name of show and episode number: All
  7. Describe the problem you are experiencing: After I signed up for the monthly $6.99 plan through the in-app purchase method, I’m still considered a guest user on the app and a registered user on the website w/o access to any shows. And YES, iTunes did send me a receipt for the subscription purchase AND I tried restoring in-app purchases and signing in again multiple times w/o any success.

I tried removing the app and re-installing it a few times. No success.

Finally I tried to subscribe on the Anime Network website and the thing won’t let me pay!!!

Anybody help please :frowning:

Thanks.

Reported all above issues with ‘Thank You’ on them.

Cannot access any episodes of Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb through Safari on my iPhone. Problem is reminiscent of a similar issue I ran into with the first episode of Chunibyo some time ago which did get fixed pretty quickly.

1. What kind of device: iPhone
  2. Version of device: iPhone 4,
  3. iOS Version: 5.1
  5. Are you using the App or Safari? Safari
  6. Name of show and episode number: Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb, all episodes
  7. If I try to access the show through “Watch Anime Now”, I get brought to a blank screen. If I try to access it through the A-Z Index or What’s On, I can access the show’s info page, but trying to access the video itself leads me to a blank screen. I can access the show normally through my computer web browser, though.

I have a premium subscription but now every time I try to play a show other than the first two episodes it says that the video is available, try again later. I reinstalled the app a couple times and used the restore in app purchase in both the settings and my account to no avail.

I have an iPhone 4S with the latest version of IOS.

Please let me know what to do to fix this or I will cancel.

Thank you

Hello again, it seems that I’ve become a registered user again even tho I still have till the 30th before renewal. Please help and give whoever is in charge of managing our accounts a stern talking to because I’ve lost my payed month of october to this problem and several days of this month now too. It is a sever annoyance to be denied that which I’ve already purchased and subscribed to so please sort this out as soon as possible. I would like to know for certain if it is worth subscribing again next month because as it is now I feel as if my money may be wasted since I can’t watch anything again…

I’m having problem with the anime network on my iPad 3 crashing. Some episode are asking for subscription which I have already payed for and can’t access. The app was fine until I subscribed and been crap ever sense.

Updates to my previous issue post -

Just updated the AN app via iTunes. Interface completely revamped. Still has issues logging into account AND pay for subscription (via iTunes or via ANO subscription page).

Just about to give up hope on any resolution to my issues. Horrible customer service and absolutely no regards to any requests for help.

The app maker should be removed for bad quality control :angry:

The new update is a joke. Nothing works in it and doesn’t even fit the iPhone 5. Can’t log in. Only can create account

Downloaded the new update a little while ago, no login says create account, put my premium info in ,app crashed then it had a login ,put my name and password in and I STILL CANNOT watch premium episodes. It just sends me to a screen to logout. How many defective updates has this been since june. I have lost fate ,this situation is hopeless. The Funimation app works fine on Iphones. I’m using an Iphone4S & IOS6.01

I’ve had no trouble logging in and everything seems to play fine for me, both premium and free content. However, I did notice two issues:

1. I accidentally clicked “Create Account” instead of “Log In.” When doing so, the app crashed and had to be relaunched. When I clicked “Log In”, it worked fine.

2. I can’t figure out how to switch between Japanese and English audio. I can’t seem to find an option in the app. Shows with English dubs available automatically default to English.

The new interface is pretty nice and the videos appear to load much quicker. Very nice.

The app now works…sort of. It worked for me only after I had to create a new user name and password. This wasn’t too bad for me as I don’t have messages, friends, etc. in my account to worry about. I doubt very much that folks with extensive histories are going to want to do that, but for me it worked. Too bad my on-line account doesn’t have a play list. (Don’t consider that last sentence a suggestion until you’ve fixed the app COMPLETELY.)

About a week ago I have subscribed, and I haven’t even seen one episode! I’m soo frustrated with this!
I subscribe using my iphone 5, It worked until there was an update the very next day. So I updated it and went to go watch
But the app crashes. I try to go online but it tells me to subscribe! I’m very upset at this point!
So I emailed three times to these guys and not even one reply! Can anyone help!!