Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? / Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darō ka?

By the way I got my shipment notification for the Premium Edition from Right Stuf…

In this case, it’s not just about the money, though Amazon offered Sentai a very good deal. Selling shows to CR, as they did in the past basically funnels money to their biggest competitors. So not only do they get less money for their streams, but they’re giving CR, and by extension Funimation, more money to use against them in contract negotiations.

If CR had stayed publisher agnostic, as they did in the past, even if they did funnel some shows to Funimation, this wouldn’t have been an issue. But between their most profitable streaming destination, Hulu, changing their business model and cutting down on anime, and the CR/Funi deal, this is what makes the most sense for them.

Honestly, I think CR working with individual publishers on individual shows would have been best for everyone, but they chose the easier route of just going with one company for everything. In doing so, they basically became Sentai’s biggest competitor for licensors, and fed their biggest competitor for home video releases.

Anyway, I went ahead and signed up for Anime Strike today. I have to say that I am impressed with how quickly they’ve been expanding their catalogue and I appreciate that they’ve been adding both dubbed and subtitled shows. I’ve had Amazon Prime for years, and order most of my anime from them, so the extra $5 a month isn’t much.

1 Like

It’s always about the money … in one form or another. I don’t blame Sentai for seeking the best deal that they can get, they’ve got a responsibility to keep the “Doors Open” and the “Lights On”. I just wish that it hadn’t worked out in quite the way it has, with Amazon doing a double paywall ( and some highly anticipated series being behind it ) in addition to the Crunchyroll / Funimation alliance.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

There’s a bit more to it than just money, but nothing I can discuss publicly. However, unless CR ends it deal with Funi, it isn’t going to change. It seems anime is following the trend of streaming in general, in which there will be more options with less content each, but each will have more exclusives.

For years, many people whined and complained about cable packages and how they wished they had al a crate programming. Well with streaming, we’re finally getting that. Unfortunately, those same people did listen when others tried to tell them that having those options was going to cost more money.

On the bright side, this does give Sentai more money to bid against Funi and CR, and it does give anime streaming some much needed competition. I hope they Sentai was also able to nab home video rights for the titles that Amazon licensed directly, like Nanaho. I guess time will tell what will happen.

1 Like

Sword Oratoria TV Anime’s English-Subtitled Trailer Posted

posted on 2017-04-06 03:15 EDT
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? spinoff premieres on April 14

1 Like

https://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/140322548701

Q. Hey will sword oratoria stream on crunchyroll or will it only stream on anime strike?

A. At this time, Sword Oratoria has been announced as an Anime Strike exclusive in the US: http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/sentai-filmworks-licenses-sword-oratoria-is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon-on-the-side

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side, Ep 1, is live at Anime Strike

Ep. 1

Hestia & Liliruca cameo at the beginning, and Ep.1 ends with the first encounter between Ais & Bell

The Spring 2017 Anime Preview Guide - Sword Oratoria

Apr 14th 2017

Kano Releases Animated Music Video for “Sword Oratoria” ED Song

April 15, 2017 4:10am CDT
Nico Nico-born singer’s 4th single “day by day” will be available on May 24

ANN REVIEW: Series Premiere: Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side - Episode 1

Apr 15th 2017 by Rebecca Silverman
Warning - contains spoilers!

Watch Yuka Iguchi Performs “Sword Oratoria” OP Song in MV

April 18, 2017 1:45am CDT
She is also confirmed to reprise her role as Chigusa Hitachi

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side, Ep 2, is live at Anime Strike

Ep. 2

Super Heavy Fan Service episode, Parallels the Season 1 events at the God Party and when Bell skips out on the meal tab at the Restaurant. Ep. 3 should show what Ais was doing at Monterphillia

Shelf Life: Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?

by Paul Jensen, James Beckett, Apr 24th 2017

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side, Ep 3, is live at Anime Strike

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side, Ep 4, is live at Anime Strike

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side, Ep 5, is live at Anime Strike

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071CZVXHQ

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side, Ep 6, is live at Anime Strike

Sword Oratoria: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side, Ep 7, is live at Anime Strike