KonoSuba – God’s blessing on this wonderful world! / Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!

Crunchyroll to Stream Konosuba Anime Dubbed in English, Spanish, Portuguese

posted on 2019-01-07 14:00 EST by Karen Ressler
6 other shows get dubs in Spanish, Portuguese, other languages

3 Likes

OH MY GOD!!!

Wondering who will deal with the Physical release then :thinking:

1 Like

I’m curious about that as well .
I guess if and who might be a tell of what is the bigger picture for the future of Crunchyroll titles physical releases .

1 Like

The main English cast:

Konosuba Anime’s English Dub Cast Revealed

posted on 2019-01-07 17:49 EST by Karen Ressler
Arnie Pantoja, Faye Mata, Erica Mendez, Cristina Vee star

2 Likes

I can’t wait to hear Erica Mendez’s EXPLOSION!!!

:joy:

Prepare Yourself for Crunchyroll’s KONOSUBA English Dub!

January 08, 2019 12:03pm CST
Take another look at the main cast ahead of the January 15 debut

1 Like

After Funimation hit it out of the park with How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, I had my fingers crossed that they were going to get to dub this one.

Raunchy comedies seem to be Funimation’s forte. Offhand I don’t know of a solid example of one from B/Z…?

1 Like

@celestial_being I have a recent one from Netflix:

Back Street Girls

Is that out already? This is perhaps the biggest problem I have with Netflix’s anime: they release months after they aired and so they tend to launch with little fanfare and 0 hype.

I saw some of BSG when it aired in Japanese and kinda forgot about it (wasn’t quite Detroit Metal City level), I’ll have to check it out. ANN’s encyclopedia lists that old-school Funimation director Christopher Bevins directed this, with both he and fellow Funimationer Tyson Rinehart handling the script.

Now my hopes are set higher because with Funi writing the script, and former Funi actress Cherami Leigh playing the lead, it’s an “honorary” Funi dub :slight_smile: :worried:

Edit: though all of that means that it isn’t a B/Z dub?

1 Like
2 Likes

After some issues with the crunchy app not wanting to play I watched the first two episodes of the dub . Enjoyable to me and will be going back tomorrow to watch the rest of the first season .

1 Like

Finished the first season dub up today . Not been in the most cheery mood as of late ,but it put me in a happy mood . Episode 3 after a certain skill was learned in particular had me laughing so hard I was in tears .
Hopefully season 2’s dub and a Blu-ray release is not far behind .

2 Likes

Theater Chain Lists Konosuba Film With July 12 Opening

posted on 2019-01-21 00:30 EST by Rafael Antonio Pineda

1 Like

Action Is Overly Dramatic in KONOSUBA Anime Movie Teaser Trailer

February 06, 2019 7:04am CST
The continuing adventures of Kazuma and company head to Japanese cinemas in 2019

1 Like

KONOSUBA’s Dub is the One Sub Purists Have Been Waiting For!

February 18, 2019 1:00pm CST
The English dub for KONOSUBA may be even better than anyone ever expected it to be!

1 Like

No offense to Konosuba, or it’s fans, but didn’t Cowboy Bebop succeed in this nearly 20 years earlier?

(No hating, or anything of the sort. I’m genuinely curious here :thinking:)

2 Likes

As I’m reading it, Crunchyroll isn’t saying this is a good dub, just that it is a very “accurate” to the Japanese subtitles type of dub.

…dialogue as faithful to the Japanese script as possible, and an authentic experience without having to read every line of dialogue.

In other words, it’s a dub that is an “audiobook” of the subtitles so that sub fans can watch KonoSuba without having to actually look at the screen and read the subs themselves.

…most of the Netflix dubs that I’ve seen also do this same “audiobook” thing so but Crunchy decided to hold off on an article like this until they had one of their own dubs that fit the bill :roll_eyes: :wink:

2 Likes

KONOSUBA - God’s blessing on this wonderful world! Anime Film’s Trailer Highlights Journey to Megumin’s Hometown

posted on 2019-03-23 22:52 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
New visual also unveiled for film

1 Like

KONOSUBA - God’s blessing on this wonderful world! Anime Film Reveals Song Artists, August Debut

posted on 2019-04-25 22:10 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Machico performs theme song; Ai Kayano, Rie Takahashi, Sora Amamiya perform ending song

1 Like

KONOSUBA: Legend of Crimson Film Announces Its OP/ED Theme Song Performers

June 28, 2019 10:10pm CDT
Highly-anticipated all-new feature film hits Japanese theaters August 30, 2019

2 Likes