Maburaho

His is the newer 2008 one.

2 Likes

No thatā€™s fine. And I still find that very odd. Thanks again man!

2 Likes

yep i looked again and i was lookin at the wrong dateā€¦2008 for sure

yoka

2 Likes

Oh so his is the newer one. Interesting.

2 Likes

im watching the first ep nowā€¦ im totally gonna dig thisā€¦

yoka

2 Likes

The Best Buy exclusive sets for Maburaho feature both thin pack releases. They simply placed a new UPC on the old boxes. ADV/Section 23 was basically using them to liquidate some of their old thin packs, as these re-releases tend to do better at B&M stores than online.

Some Best Buys will have both, while others will only one or the other. The UPCs and SKUs are the same though, and you can pick which artwork you like best. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahā€¦thanks for the info Cody. I knew that the Best Buy only releases were just their old stuff being liquidated (i.e. Gantz is the season 1 and 2 thinpacks bunched together), but I didnā€™t know they used a bunch of different releases. Interesting.

2 Likes

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-864201/marathon-time

Marathon Time!

Hey guys,

Get ready for a marathon, because weā€™ve got some titles that are unfortunately going back into the depths of the anime vault. The following titles will be available on Crunchyroll until the end of this month, Sunday, August 31 at midnight Pacific Time:

Gosick
Fortune Arterial
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 & 2
The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya
Nyoron Churuya-san
Good Luck! Ninomiya-kun
Kiddy GiRL-AND
Lucky Star
Maburaho
Venus to Mamoru!
Seitokai No Ichizon - Student Councils Discretion
My Ordinary Life
Omamori Himari
Uraboku
The Mystic Archives of Dantalian
Otogi-Soushi (Manga 2.5)

So go pop some popcorn and invite your friends over and have an anime sleepover!

2 Likes

In principle, Iā€™m against any streams going away but Iā€™m not going to shed any tears over that steaming pile of a show going into oblivion.

1 Like

2 Likes

I second this! We need a Maburaho bluray! Come on Sentai. Do it!

2 Likes

I finally was able to complete this series. OMG, itā€™s hilarious!

Really do like how selfless Kazu is. Despite how few times he can use his magic before his body turns to ash, he willingly uses it to protect the ones he holds dear! :heart:

As for the girls, Kuriko is a Red eyed blonde! Of course Iā€™m gonna like her! And Rinā€™s personality really does remind me of Mi diosa.:heart: Ghost girl Liz is also just so precious! :heart:

Although, I kinda want to slug all the classmates and teacher of class 2Bā€¦ Theyā€™re all so insufferableā€¦

2 Likes

And the OP is just adorable! :heart:

2 Likes

It really is a fun anime!

2 Likes

Question. That one character in the last episode, who says she wants Kazu to be her husband. Thatā€™s a homage to UFO Valkyrie, isnā€™t it?

2 Likes

I thought so. Very, very similar, even the way she talked and acted. She almost looks like her too.

2 Likes

I recently was recommended a video about this old series, and it got me interested in checking it out.

Are the ample extras on it lost to time now?

2 Likes

Im not exactly certain.

The set I got was used, but all the discs were in very good condition.

All discs also included the pamphlets in them as well.

However, my set is the original 7 disc release version. Thereā€™s 2 other releases, both I believe were 5 disc sets.

@Psychopuppet may have a bit more info about the differences between releases, if youā€™re looking to pick up a set of it!

2 Likes

Only the the original 7 disc singles release has all the extras ,but they were cut for the complete sets. Unfortunately a thing ADV did at the time.

2 Likes

Thanks. I was afraid that was how it went down, it brings back memories of having to track down the singles to Gilgamesh and Chevalier Dā€™Eon a while back :frowning:

Although at least I could, with some patience + luck, track down all of these discs and extras. I canā€™t really say the same for todayā€™s online-only extras.

2 Likes