My sketches

It is good to see you again Timber! Glad you are well.

I never saw you as immature here. You were rather sweet and always a perfect gentleman.

I am really happy that you are still drawing too. You always had a great talent!!

Here’s a drawing of the Thief generic from the Disgaea series (my love for the series is still going strong, I mean, I bought D5’s limited editions TWICE, tykes).

I’ve gotten more used to working on fan art- with pre-existing characters, I have an easier time experimenting in different poses and expressions with them, tykes.

4 Likes

3 Likes

@Timber !!!

Welcome back!
Still drawing, I see, that’s fantastic!

What have you been doing lately?

2 Likes

Hey, Slowhand! It’s been far too long, tykes!

I’ve been out and about, ups and downs- surviving, per usual. I’m glad to finally drop in- every time I try to, and forget into the next day, I get anxious…and it carries on and on… and it’s a bad cycle, lol.

I wish I had a lot to say, but I guess it’s not all too interesting- finally back on full time again as a glorified secretary (a full unemployed year due to worldly events), and working on my voiceover. But I really miss you guys, tykes!

2 Likes

Onwards to the art! I’ve regressed a bit, as my confidence about my art took a rumble after University events.

The character shown is Miseri-Miranda, adoptive guardian to Miseri-Heidi (girl in pigtails and glasses in earlier post). Following her mentor (Heidi’s late mother), she is a well-accomplished explorer who has travelled the world and witnessed many sights than compared to her reclusive mountain-village neighbors. She is overprotective over Miseri-Heidi, being the sole survivor to her mentor, and looks over the girl after she gets banished from her hometown. Together, the two go on an amazing adventure, as Miseri-Miranda shows Heidi the ways of the world.

Honestly, I love this piece. I was given a new sketchbook for my birthday, and I used it to draft a lot of concepts in hopes of finalizing Miseri-Miranda’s… concept. The flag is an afterthought, makes no sense, and is the only thing I dislike. I’ll remove it, eventually, tykes.

1 Like

I have always liked your style of drawing and am happy to see that you’ve kept at it. You always have such great backstories for all your characters.

I think we’ve all had ups and downs lately, but hopefully we’re all on the “going up” side now.

Please come on back and chat with us! My PMs are always open also.

1 Like

Thanks, Slowhand! I always enjoyed showing you my work, while you’d you’d tell me that they need some more meat on their bones, lol. Glad I was too stubborn to change it, though now I’m working on a sort of commission that requires me to do just that. It’s from my girlfriend, so I feel somewhat obligated, tykes…

Here’s another picture I recently did after a friend got me a new sketchbook for my birthday:

It’s a mermaid concept that I’ve worked on for a few years now, while at this time I’m trying to tweak my style a little bit. I’ve never had a proper side angle, so this was a fairly good attempt at one. If it’s any critique I need to give myself, it’s probably weapon design, but I’m working on it. (tykes, tykes)

Here, I’ll show some earlier concepts, tykes:

3 Likes

She’s so cute! But she looks a little bit annoyed…
Is her weapon part of some sea plant? Looks a little flowery.

1 Like

Thanks again for the kind words, tykes!

I’m not exactly sure. Maybe it’s some sort of undersea plant fashioned into a weapon? I think this warrants touching up.

Compared to the earlier concepts, this one is more reminiscent of a quarterstaff/spear-hybrid than the spears shown. It makes her usage of a shield in her left hand a little awkward.

1 Like

It should be some sort of new special weapon-based plant (look at me go with the ideas). Although, maybe this is a peaceful species, in which case, it should be a regular plant that just spews out some sort of defense if threatened.

2 Likes

That actually gave me an idea, lol. I’m working on it as we speak, tykes.

I’ve got a reasonable backlog of art, so I guess I can show another one today.

I think I did this drawing last year. It’s fan art of Yuka Ayase, from the PS1 Revelations: Persona (or just Persona, take your pick, lol). I have a big collection of art and reference books, and the most significant part of that is the 9-part collection of SMT/Persona’s prolific demon designer Kazuma Kaneko. I found her artwork, and immediately had to draw her (I think it’s just my obsession for pigtails, lol).

Looking back, I enjoy the attitude that’s given by her pose, but I feel that I lost a little information at the top of her uniform. I added stripes to give her uniform some weird texture, lol. I guess it’s just a part of my style. I left her mouth alone, but I think that I have a solution for that now, tykes.

Kaneko’s original art can be seen here: (tykes, tykes)

Summary

3 Likes

Skinny legs and big shoes, a great combo.

I can see her attitude and her eyes convey some mischievousness, I think.

1 Like

Here’s a sketch of Ayumi Tachibana, from the 2021 remake of Famicom Detective Club series (This design is from ‘The Missing Heir’). The game is pretty great, two neat mysteries (I’m in the middle of ‘The Girl that Stands Behind,’ but it’s good so far, tykes) with amazing visuals and music. The controls don’t age too well, but they don’t hinder the game too much at all.

Onwards to Ayumi: I fell in love with her character design since I saw her. She brings a breezy, cheery air with a cool hairstyle and elegant-ish outfit. I tried to draw her bending slightly, but because of the orientation of her skirt it just makes her rear look bigger, lol. Definitely NOT intentional. I love the ‘flowiness’ that I can see from the bottom of her skirt, to her arm holding the basic attempt at a magnifying glass. Her smile is a first for me, and it’s going to require work. I’m definitely drawing her again eventually.

Speaking of work, I’ve been busy working on different head-drawing styles, making them a bit more shapely, as inspired by Akihiko Yoshida. I tried it with Miseri-Miranda a couple of posts back, but it isn’t as noticeable there than it is here. (tykes, tykes)

Original concept can be seen here. Note that my sketch is totally wearing heels, but definitely not because I’m not great with feet. No way, no sir, tykes:

Summary

2 Likes

So cute! Didn’t even notice the feet, too focused on the rest of her. :slight_smile:

3 Likes