Naruto / Naruto Shippūden / Boruto

It’s not just Naruto that’s a big mystery lately. The website has gone into shutdown mode. A game is released off and on but the avatar items, trophies, challenges (that they promised), the Blog, Player Spotlights, everything has stopped for 2+ months now. If they were gonna overhaul it, they would’ve closed it to the public and put a notice that said “Come back soon for an all new Disney XD experience!” Of course not.

Financial problems I wonder?

My cable listings show yet another Phineas & Ferb marathon this week.
:laugh:

[quote=Lord_Shameless]
My cable listings show yet another Phineas & Ferb marathon this week.
:laugh:[/quote]

Thanks! I knew I was forgetting something. :blink:

For once Dish Network actually caught on to what Phineas and Ferb were actually doing.

Candace: “MOM!!! Phineas and Ferb are messing with the Disney XD Network.”

Word is Disney XD might have let the show go due to the intensely violent content and here I thought they had balls. Wuss.

[quote=Snowy_Stampede]
Word is Disney XD might have let the show go due to the intensely violent content and here I thought they had balls. Wuss.[/quote]
I think it had more to do with poor ratings and even more so that the show wasn’t owned by Disney (Viz profited more from the show being on Disney XD than Disney did).

[quote=Snowy_Stampede]
Word is Disney XD might have let the show go due to the intensely violent content and here I thought they had balls. Wuss.[/quote]

Hopefully, they will go to a network that won’t overly censor them.

[quote=Lord_Shameless]

[quote=Snowy_Stampede]
I think it had more to do with poor ratings and even more so that the show wasn’t owned by Disney (Viz profited more from the show being on Disney XD than Disney did).[/quote]

I think the Saturday 11PM timeslot hurt them but the show itself was probably edited to much which hurt itself. You’d think Disney XD viewers wouldn’t give a damn but it must attract anime fans of an older crowd who throw fits on dubbing.

[quote=Nobar]
Hopefully, they will go to a network that won’t overly censor them.[/quote]

Toonzaki.com is the only place I imagine it going. Otherwise the ninjas fade into the night for good.

Then again…paging Cartoon Network Oh you don’t care. Understood.

[quote=Snowy_Stampede]

[quote=Lord_Shameless]

[quote=Snowy_Stampede]
I think it had more to do with poor ratings and even more so that the show wasn’t owned by Disney (Viz profited more from the show being on Disney XD than Disney did).[/quote]
I think the Saturday 11PM timeslot hurt them but the show itself was probably edited to much which hurt itself.[/quote]
I think the problem lies with Shippuden itself. Aside from CN’s Adult Swim and the now defunct Ani-Monday block that the SyFy Channel used to have, it was really too violent and dark for “a kid’s show.” Neither Disney XD or even Cartoon Network proper want shows with a TV-14 rating, and that’s exactly the kind of rating that Shippuden would get unedited. Under the circumstances, it’s amazing that Disney XD allowed what they did during their run with Naruto.

[quote=Snowy_Stampede]
You’d think Disney XD viewers wouldn’t give a damn but it must attract anime fans of an older crowd who throw fits on dubbing.[/quote]
An older crowd is definitely not the audience that Disney XD wants–and neither did Cartoon Network when they cancelled the original Naruto series. They prefer the 6-11 demographic, if I understand it correctly (it’s the ideal age group for their advertisers).

[quote=Nobar]
Hopefully, they will go to a network that won’t overly censor them.[/quote]
Toonzaki.com is the only place I imagine it going. Otherwise the ninjas fade into the night for good.

Then again…paging Cartoon Network Oh you don’t care. Understood.

Yeah, I think it’s a safe bet it won’t return to Cartoon Network. They don’t even need it with all the DC Comics properties they can develop new shows from.

I read an interesting post in the XD Blog once where a parent asked “where did Naruto go?” At least from that I imagine parents and their kids were watching it. It just seems quite stupid how Disney XD was so happy to have Naruto on their network when they began airing it in October 2009, then this happens. You’d think they would’ve done their research into the series ahead of time? I just don’t understand the mentality here.

Well Cartoon Network comedies these days are not entirely 6-11 appropriate. Some MAD episodes have censored F language but that aside the age group is understandable with Adult Swim catering to everybody else. 14+

Got to remember American Cartoons are viewed differently when it comes to ratings here then what Anime is. Some of the DC and Warner Animated stuff for example I’ve seen stuff on them that really the ratings should be higher then they are ,but they get away with them because the are not the evil foreign animations. Nicktoons probably would have been a better home, but even there it would have gotten cuts. Until it’s officially canceled it’s going to be wait and see. For all we know the delay could be Viz’s cuts did not meet Disney’s approval for TV airing and they had to go back and do more. Course in my opinion that would be a far worse thing then canceling it on Disney XD.

[quote=Snowy Stampede]

I really can’t see not a single person in a conglomerate as big as Disney not knowing in advance what they were getting into with Shippuden (if nothing else, some of the material in the original Naruto series should have been a warning that the show could get violent). My theory is that they wanted Shippuden to help launch their rebranding of Toon Disney into Disney XD, but that it has since served that purpose. Disney XD is intended to be a more boy-oriented clone of the Disney Channel proper with a greater focus on comedies more so than a home for action cartoons.

[quote=Snowy_Stampede]

[quote=Lord Shamless]
An older crowd is definitely not the audience that Disney XD wants–and neither did Cartoon Network when they cancelled the original Naruto series. They prefer the 6-11 demographic, if I understand it correctly (it’s the ideal age group for their advertisers).[/quote]
Well Cartoon Network comedies these days are not entirely 6-11 appropriate. Some MAD episodes have censored F language but that aside the age group is understandable with Adult Swim catering to everybody else. 14+[/quote]
If I recall correctly, MAD is a show that’s successful across multiple age groups, and I think it was the same thing with the various Total Drama shows. I think it’s not so much about content but about ratings (how many are watching) and demographics (who is watching) for CN.

[quote=psychopuppet]
Until it’s officially canceled it’s going to be wait and see. For all we know the delay could be Viz’s cuts did not meet Disney’s approval for TV airing and they had to go back and do more. Course in my opinion that would be a far worse thing then canceling it on Disney XD.[/quote]
Looks like somebody has been reorganizing the Wiki page for Disney XD. Under Former Programming, there’s a sub category called “Shows on Hiatus” Weird to have it there but Naruto Shippuden along with Stitch, The Avengers and Storm Hawks were listed there so maybe it’s not over quite yet and it’s just as you say but I just can’t bring myself to believe it in the slightest for some reason.

[quote=Lord Shameless]
If I recall correctly, MAD is a show that’s successful across multiple age groups, and I think it was the same thing with the various Total Drama shows. I think it’s not so much about content but about ratings (how many are watching) and demographics (who is watching) for CN.[/quote]
You can almost call Monday nights Adult Swim Jr. I wonder how many people over 18 are watching. That would really interest me because I’m 26 and love their shows. (AT, RS, MAD)

###Naruto’s Rock Lee Manga Spinoff Gets Anime
posted on 2011-11-30 03:16 EST
Kenji Taira’s gag comedy manga Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden

###Naruto’s Rock Lee Spinoff Anime to Air on TV
posted on 2011-12-02 23:41 EST

###Next Naruto Shippūden Film Set for Summer 2012
posted on 2011-12-07 08:15 EST
6th Naruto Shippūden film & 9th Naruto film overall

I just saw that Naruto Shippuden will be coming back to Disney XD. It’s on at 11:30 pm January 7th. Don’t know if it’s a new episode.
Slick

[quote=slickwolfie]
I just saw that Naruto Shippuden will be coming back to Disney XD. It’s on at 11:30 pm January 7th. Don’t know if it’s a new episode.
Slick[/quote]

11:30? Yeah that just made things soooo much better. :dry:

[quote=Snowy Stampede]

[quote=slickwolfie]
Slick[/quote]
11:30? Yeah that just made things soooo much better. :dry:[/quote]
That’s what I thought. Definitely not a good sign considering I love the series.
Slick

[quote=slickwolfie]

[quote=Snowy Stampede]

[quote=slickwolfie]
Slick[/quote]
That’s what I thought. Definitely not a good sign considering I love the series.
Slick[/quote]
Was this on a TV commericals cause all of the sites I looked at for tv listings has Phineas and Ferb then?

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=slickwolfie]

[quote=Snowy Stampede]

[quote=slickwolfie]
Slick[/quote]
Slick[/quote]
Was this on a TV commericals cause all of the sites I looked at for tv listings has Phineas and Ferb then?[/quote]
It was briefly on my TV website, but now it’s gone.

[quote=Slowhand]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=slickwolfie]

[quote=Snowy Stampede]

[quote=slickwolfie]
Slick[/quote]
Slick[/quote]
Was this on a TV commericals cause all of the sites I looked at for tv listings has Phineas and Ferb then?[/quote]
It was briefly on my TV website, but now it’s gone.[/quote]
Yep, it’s gone on my Direct TV search function already. Guess they made a mistake.
Slick

[quote=slickwolfie]

[quote=Slowhand]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=slickwolfie]

[quote=Snowy Stampede]

[quote=slickwolfie]
Slick[/quote]
Slick[/quote]
It was briefly on my TV website, but now it’s gone.[/quote]
Yep, it’s gone on my Direct TV search function already. Guess they made a mistake.
Slick[/quote]
It’s listed as “on hiatus.” It could come back in the new year but 2012 TV isn’t going to wait for it.