New York Comic Con & Anime Festival: News

Chase Winthrop wrote:

[quote][size=4]Here’s a pic of our HOTD zombie girl grabbing a quick bite. Pretty hot for a zombie…>.>[/size]

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu202/TheAnimeNetwork/photo-1.jpg[/quote]

DUBBED, you say? WOW! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

You noticed that too, Newshawk? Lol! So is that the date for the TAN premier, or the dvd set?

dragonrider_cody wrote:

Thinking TAN premier. I’m betting with that date and the recent news Manga UK picked up the rights over there for a June/July release we should see it here on Home Video around Spring 2011.

psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]dragonrider_cody wrote:

Thinking TAN premier. I’m betting with that date and the recent news Manga UK picked up the rights over there for a June/July release we should see it here on Home Video around Spring 2011.[/quote]

Considering Golgo 13, Clannad, Blue Drop, Xam’d, Tears to Tiara and Canaan have all premiered dubbed on ANOD and ANOP before or with the DVD release, I would guess a qualified “both”.

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]psychopuppet wrote:

Thinking TAN premier. I’m betting with that date and the recent news Manga UK picked up the rights over there for a June/July release we should see it here on Home Video around Spring 2011.

Considering Golgo 13, Clannad, Blue Drop, Xam’d, Tears to Tiara and Canaan have all premiered dubbed on ANOD and ANOP before or with the DVD release, I would guess a qualified “both”.[/quote]

Looking back at it, that’s the most likely. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled a Clannad and aired the dubbed version almost immediately after the subbed version finishes. Then they could release the DVD (and hopefully bluray) sets towards the end of the TV run. It would be a great way to keep the momentum built up behind the show.

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]Newshawk wrote:

Considering Golgo 13, Clannad, Blue Drop, Xam’d, Tears to Tiara and Canaan have all premiered dubbed on ANOD and ANOP before or with the DVD release, I would guess a qualified “both”.

Looking back at it, that’s the most likely. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled a Clannad and aired the dubbed version almost immediately after the subbed version finishes. Then they could release the DVD (and hopefully bluray) sets towards the end of the TV run. It would be a great way to keep the momentum built up behind the show.[/quote]

From your lips to God’s ears, cody…

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]dragonrider_cody wrote:

Looking back at it, that’s the most likely. I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled a Clannad and aired the dubbed version almost immediately after the subbed version finishes. Then they could release the DVD (and hopefully bluray) sets towards the end of the TV run. It would be a great way to keep the momentum built up behind the show.

From your lips to God’s ears, cody…[/quote]

I don’t think God is the deity I have a direct line too, but I’ll see what I can do :wink:

Hello,

Some friends and I took photos at the con with the zombie girls, we were wondering if they had all been sent out yet (I’m sure there’s a lot!)

Rinoaangel wrote:

[quote]Hello,

Some friends and I took photos at the con with the zombie girls, we were wondering if they had all been sent out yet (I’m sure there’s a lot!)[/quote]

There should be something posted about it soon!

Hey gang, I’ll have a write up and some photos posted starting tomorrow… trying to get caught up on emails and my regular Tuesday (it’s Tuesday, right?) stuff.

I don’t know how many New Yorkers we have in these forums, but I must say, “I LOVE YOUR CITY!!!”

Also, I must give a shout out to our friends at Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) and SuperGlorious for all their help & hard work in allowing us to host the Boom Boom Satellites autograph signing on Sunday and taking us out to the Far East to East Showcase.

Looking forward to it Spazzy!

The Zombie Girl Photo Op pictures were posted yesterday - check them out!!!

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Gallery/2010-NYC-Comic-Con

Sorry, I’m a bit slow with posting the news… picked up the con-cold-crud… :blink: :X :angry:

i put together a lil slide show of the pics i took at NYCC 2010
check it out.

Okay, boys and girls! Since I’m a semi-brain-dead vessel of viral plague today, I figured I should take a break from messing up important tasks and give you guys the play-by-play of our fantastic trip to NYC and Comic Con.

[size=5]THURSDAY[/size]

Stacy (Exec. VP), Greg (Stacy’s husband/Brute Squad/Jolly Green Giant - he’s tall, carried the heavy stuff and is always in a good mood!) & I departed from Houston on Thursday and landed at LaGuardia Airport. It was my first time going to NYC, so I pretty much had my face plastered to the plane’s window trying to guess what we were flying over. I think by the time we got over Virginia, my boss was ready to stuff me in an overhead compartment. :silly:

Once we arrived, it didn’t take long to get a taxi (the only time that we were able to catch a cab so fast!) but with rush hour traffic, road construction and an accident or two, it took a long time to get through the Queens-Midtown Tunnel and into Manhattan.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Tkb-EnBQJyI/TLdLsugqYiI/AAAAAAAAB8Q/YpxZUW6k-ig/s640/IMG_5162.JPG

Then the real adventure began… heading to the hotel.

I was staying at a friend’s apartment, but everyone else was staying at the Radisson. Now, as it turns out, there are two Radissons in relatively close proximity to each other. Of course, we end up at the wrong one and get to have the door man flag us down another cab and load all of our bags, including a 60+ pound suitcase full of DVDs and BluRays. At this point, I was the only one enjoying this (I could enjoy a 9-car pileup on I-10). We finally make it to the correct hotel, just down the street from the Waldorf Astoria. (squeeeeeeal!)
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Tkb-EnBQJyI/TLdL7UgjZsI/AAAAAAAAB8w/gOIs40xVWGg/s512/IMG_5174.JPG
(That’s the Chrysler Building in the background)

Next, comes dinner! After checking in and dumping all of the suitcases, we met up with Lance, the network’s Creative Director who had flown out ahead of us. Our merry quartet takes off into Midtown East in search of food and adult beverages. Of course, we can’t agree on anything… until we come across http://www.manchesterpubnyc.com/ on 2nd & 49th. This, my friends, could be a home-away-from-home for me. Fish & Chips, Mushroom Burgers, Beer, World Soccer, more Beer… The Yankee’s game was on, so that had everyone happy!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Tkb-EnBQJyI/TLdOMANtEpI/AAAAAAAAB-I/2Homf6d0kh8/s640/Stacy%20%26%20Greg%20-%20Manchester%20Pub.JPG

After dinner, I went to meet up with my friend and fantastic host, Jon at his office in The New Building (aka The Daily News Building). Yes, kids, I was about to lose my mind and melt into a puddle of geek goo right there in the lobby. (I was raised on the Superman movies!)
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Tkb-EnBQJyI/TLdONWv2UoI/AAAAAAAAB-Q/gCpUXTC4y_0/s512/The%20Daily%20News%20Building.JPG

After that, I headed for Jon’s apartment in Lower Eastside & had a fantastic night’s sleep with the symphony of 1st Ave traffic.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Tkb-EnBQJyI/TLdLt6JrHXI/AAAAAAAAB8c/XZ0B1BsItNg/s512/IMG_5169.JPG

More coming later… my Pumpkin Spice latte is giving me a forlorn look!

Did you get me a t-shirt?

You better have eaten a hotdog

:laugh: Way to go, Sam!

Thanks for sharing the pics Sam. Glad you had fun!

outlander wrote:

I was tempted to buy a bunch of those white I heart NY t-shirts since they were being sold really cheap (5 for $10 was the average), but they looked cheaply made, plus, Continental charges ridiculous baggage fees, so I didn’t want to bring back more stuff with me. I actually managed (since I didn’t care about clothes getting wrinkled or have to haul the credit card machine) to stuff most of everything into my duffle bag and only check that and take my laptop and rolling suitcase as carry-on. Also-also, I was staying at a friend’s apartment and he lived on the 4th floor, with no elevator and a VERY narrow staircase. So glad I quit smoking, but man did my legs hurt!

Haissan wrote:

I had plans to on Sunday night, but was still too full from dinner!
Since I was flying back Monday morning, my friend Jon took me out for a final blow-out evening.
First was hamburgers at the coolest little dive of a burger joint, cleverly called Burger Joint.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Tkb-EnBQJyI/TL3H-WjRqCI/AAAAAAAAB-g/0qHKf-vI_98/s512/IMG_5268.JPG
You can’t see them clearly, but the wall is covered by signatures of celebrities who have eaten there. When I saw that Heidi Klum had signed, I knew that these must be good burgers! & they were… oh, they soooo were!

Here’s the coolest thing about it:
This little hole-in-the-wall, cash-only, menu written in magic marker on a piece of cardboard stapled to the wall establishment (you’d totally expect to find a place like this in Austin, TX or near a college campus) was through the lobby, around a corner, and behind a curtain of a VERY posh hotel: Le Parker Meridien on W 56th St, down the block from Carnegie Hall. (squeal!)

After that, we walked along 59th St and the South edge of Central Park to a “surprise”. This included passing The Ritz Carlton and winding up in front of The Plaza hotel and the Pulitzer Fountain. (double squeal!)

And then there it was… gleaming like a beacon in the dark night… well, let me just show you:

The world’s most amazing Apple Store! (cue heavenly chorus) Inside the giant glass box with suspended glowing Apple logo, you descend either via a glass elevator or glass staircase into a 24-hour Apple Store.
It was like that scene in Willy Wonka where they enter the chocolate room complete with edible scenery and chocolate waterfall. I was anticipating Steve Jobs to appear singing “Pure Imagination” and the employees to be Oompa-Loompas. It was magical! (And dangerous- I had to keep reminding myself that I didn’t need to buy a new computer in every style/color while I was there…)

After that, we walked back to the apartment and drank beer on the roof.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Tkb-EnBQJyI/TL3IWkgidBI/AAAAAAAAB_E/_vqwys_MPc4/s512/IMG_5283.JPG
The string of lights above the left corner are on the edge of the Queensboro Bridge (aka 59th St Bridge) & Roosevelt Island Tramway (which is closed for modernization).

Perhaps later I will come back and write about Saturday night and my adventures in the East Village! (I’m a non-linear kind of girl!)

Thanks for sharing your adventures! :slight_smile: I definately want to see more!