One Piece

Crunchyroll Streams 2 One Piece x Toriko Specials

posted on 2014-12-11 22:15 EST
Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z crossover not yet available

Fans of the increasingly wacky and complex pirate world of One Piece will surely be either thrilled or horrified to know that there will be an all-new, super extra special New Year’s Eve broadcast of a One Piece animated film in Japan. As a fan, whether you fall into the thrilled or horrified category will probably depend on whether or not you currently reside in Japan, as the special is apparently set for just one single broadcast in the anime’s native country only.

While I appreciate pirates as much as the next guy and actually made a pretty valiant effort to read the One Piece manga series in Japanese during college, I’ll be the first to admit that I’m woefully out of the loop when it comes to the antics of Monkey D. Luffy, Chopper the… I dunno, reindeer? and those two women with a chronic case of breast elephantitis, so bear with me here while I attempt to (poorly) wrangle the details of the special:

The special will apparently be an extended addition of the much-beloved ninth One Piece film and possible winner of longest anime film title ever, “Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Cherry Blossom,” which itself is based on a well-liked chapter in the manga series known as the “Drum Island” storyline. The special will feature new scenes that follow up on the original story and characters and, in addition, will feature a heartfelt message from Luffy and gang celebrating the anime series’ 15th year on the air.

Details are sparse outside of that, but one of the producers for the special says it will be sure to make series fans cry tears of joy, so be sure to have tissues at the ready if you plan on watching.

[size=16]ANN Link: One Piece: Episode of Chopper Film’s New Edition Teased in Ads[/size]

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/12/14-1/video-one-piece-episode-of-chopper-2014-edition-commercial

“One Piece: Episode of Chopper” 2014 Edition Commercial

December 14, 2014 7:21am CST
2008 anime movie to be broadcast with newly animated epilogue and 15th anniversary celebration

To commemorate the 15th anniversary of the One Piece TV anime series, Fuji TV is planning to air the 2014 edition of the 2008 film One Piece: Episode of Chopper + Fuyu ni Saku, Kiseki no Sakura (Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Cherry Blossom) at 9:00 pm on December 31. The 2008 tearjerker will be broadcast with a newly animated epilogue and special messages from the Straw Hat pirates concerning the anniversary.

The new epilogue will tell how Dolton, Dr. Kureha and others are two years after the film’s story, which were illustrated only on the cover page of the Eiichiro Oda’s original manga.

Check out the commercial…

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/12/21/video-latest-one-piece-episode-of-chopper-2014-edition-commercial
[size=20]Latest “One Piece: Episode of Chopper” 2014 Edition Commercial[/size]
2008 anime movie to be broadcast with newly animated epilogue and 15th anniversary celebration
December 21, 2014 11:10am CST

A second ad has aired for the 2014 edition of the 2008 film One Piece: Episode of Chopper + Fuyu ni Saku, Kiseki no Sakura (Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Cherry Blossom). Fuji TV will be broadcasting the special commemorating the 15th anniversary of the One Piece TV anime series, featuring the 2008 tearjerker will be broadcast with a newly animated epilogue and special messages from the Straw Hat pirates concerning the anniversary on December 31st.

The new epilogue will tell how Dolton, Dr. Kureha and others are two years after the film’s story, which were illustrated only on the cover page of the Eiichiro Oda’s original manga.

Previously

New Ad Aired for One Piece: Episode of Chopper 2014 Edition

posted on 2014-12-29 13:30 EST

New edition of 2008 film to air on New Year’s Eve for anime’s 15th anniversary

Fuji TV began streaming an ad last Monday for the 2014 special edition of the 2008 film One Piece: Episode of Chopper + Fuyu ni Saku, Kiseki no Sakura. The new edition will add new animated footage to commemorate the 15th anniversary of the One Piece television anime.

Narrator: The one the Straw Hat Pirates met was a crybaby reindeer.
Luffy: You’re an interesting guy! Join my crew!
Narrator: “The most touching episode” in the history of One Piece and this famous work is, this time, nothing less then a miracle. A new animated work. 2014: A special One Piece is born again. 15th anniversary commemorative anime, One Piece: Episode of Chopper: Fuyu ni Saku, Kiseki no Sakura. Broadcasting 9 p.m. New Year’s Eve.

The new special edition will air on Fuji TV and its affiliates on December 31 at 9:00 p.m. (7:00 a.m. EST). The movie depicts how Tony Chopper, the cute blue-nosed reindeer who serves as the ship doctor for the Straw Hat Pirates, met Luffy and the others during the Winter Island/Drum Kingdom arc. Livedoor News describes the film as the story that fans praise as the “most tearful in One Piece history.”

Original manga creator Eiichiro Oda contributed to the film during its early planning stages. The film featured Nico Robin and Franky (even though they did not appear in the original manga’s Drum Island arc) and the screen debut of the Thousand Sunny ship.

The original manga had opening page art that depicted what happened to the characters after this story. That art was the only depiction of the story’s epilogue until now; the 2014 special edition of the film will add special footage that animates the epilogue with Dolton, Dr. Kureha (who taught medicine to Chopper), and others. The New Year’s Eve airing will also end with a special message from the Straw Hat Pirates to the fans, to show their gratitude for the 15th anniversary.

The ninth film in the One Piece anime franchise premiered in Japan in 2008, and ran at the Italian Future Film Festival the next year. This year’s 52nd issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine announced the special edition airing of the film last month. In its New Year’s Eve time slot, the movie will go up against NHK’s Red & White Song Battle, the most popular music program of the year.

[size=16]One Piece: Episode of Chopper Raises Fuji TV’s New Year’s Eve Ratings[/size]
posted on 2015-01-02 23:57 EST

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/02/28-1/one-piece-pica-voice-actor-revealed

“One Piece” Pica Voice Actor Revealed

February 28, 2015 11:50pm CST
Another classic voice actor has signed on for the Dressrosa arc

The moment that manga readers have been waiting for finally comes in this weekend’s One Piece episode 683 “With a Rumbling of the Ground! The God of Destruction - Giant Pica Decends!” Donquixote Pirates executive Pica finally talks! Ahead of this, the series’ site revealed that another classic voice actor has signed on for the Dressrosa arc, namely Yūji Mitsuya (Kaiō-shin and Gregory in Dragon Ball, Tofu in Ranma 1/2, Hyōma Aoi in Combatter V)

[size=16]Funimation Considers One Piece Broadcast Dub as It Airs in Japan[/size]
posted on 2015-02-22 12:45 EST

[size=16]The 7 Times One Piece Made Us Cry Our Eyes Out[/size]
Mar 4th 2015

“One Piece” Anime Unveils New Dressrosa Arc Visual and Character Designs (Spoiler Warning)

March 19, 2015 12:23pm PDT

Latest ‘One Piece’ Season Six Anime Dub Trailer

CR ARTICLE: GENERATIONS to Perform “One Piece” New OP Song

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-26/generations-from-exile-tribe-performs-one-piece-new-theme-song/.86390

Generations from Exile Tribe Performs One Piece’s New Theme Song

posted on 2015-03-26 04:45 EDT

“Hard Knock Days” to begin playing on April 5

This year’s 18th issue of Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that the all-male group Generations from EXILE Tribe will perform the new opening theme song for the One Piece television anime. The song “Hard Knock Days” will begin playing in the anime on April 5.

Generations from EXILE Tribe is a seven-member unit that formed in 2011 under the Exile spinoff umbrella unit EXILE Tribe. They already performed the theme songs for the Japanese live-action Sugarless series and the Japanese release of the American live-action series Arrow, among other projects.

[size=20]The Mike Toole Show - Club Hosoda[/size]
by Mike Toole, Apr 19th 2015

Every once in a while, someone asks me why I haven’t written too extensively about One Piece, Eiichiro Oda’s sprawling saga of straw-hat pirates. The simple fact is, I haven’t had the time to absorb enough of it – I’ve got about 20 volumes of the manga on the shelf, but that’s only about a quarter of what’s out there. I made it about 20 episodes into the TV series before I realized that there was more than 600 to go, and counting(!!) and quit in despair. I’ve posed this question before: how do new fans really get into One Piece? The hook is obvious, but how are they able to absorb the story’s many narrative arcs efficiently? Is it one of those “if you really love it, you’ll make the time” deals? Because I can’t seem to make the time, nosiree.

Read the whole article.

[size=20]One Piece’s Ace Stars in 3rd Stop-Motion ‘Cry heart’ Short[/size]
posted on 2015-04-22 06:44 EDT
New short recreates famous scene from Eiichiro Oda 's manga

Banpresto began streaming a stop-motion animated video for its "One Piece Cry heart ~children’s dream~” line of crane game prize figures on Monday. The short recreates the famous scene of Ace’s death from Eiichiro Oda’s manga and anime:

[details=Pictures]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/max1000x1500/cms/news/87387/9taru1v3w0fdyy.jpg[/details]

Unlike most figures, Banpresto’s “Cry heart” figures is deliberately designed to encourage people to create their own stop-motion shorts. The figures come with multiple faces and flexible joints, and fans can use them to create animation with smartphone apps or other means. Banpresto will release the set featuring Ace on May 14, while the set featuring Luffy and Whitebeard is slated for May 21.

The first “Cry heart” short featuring Chopper premiered in January last year, while the second short featuring Luffy, Ace, and Sabo premiered in May last year.

One Piece - Season 6 Voyage 4 - AVAILABLE NOW!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/27-1/takumi-yamazaki-to-voice-kanjuro-in-one-piece
April 27, 2015 4:40pm CDT
Another Gundam veteran is set to turn up in One Piece’s Dressrosa Arc

One Piece - Collection 12 - AVAILABLE NOW!

###Pro-Wrestler Mick Foley Discovers the “One Piece” Character He Inspired
May 03, 2015 11:06pm CDT
Senpai notices Spandam cover of FUNimation’s new Enies Lobby Arc release

One Piece - Collection 13 - Coming Soon!

Crunchyroll Adds “One Piece Special Edition (HD)” To Catalog

May 09, 2015 6:36pm PDT
First 61 episodes available to Premium members tonight, more throughout the month

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/05/13/new-one-piece-wristwatch-inspired-by-oath-between-shanks-and-luffy
[size=20]New “One Piece” Wristwatch Inspired by Oath between Shanks and Luffy[/size]
999-limited items will be shipped in late August
May 13, 2015 4:10am CDT

Imperial Enterprise has started offering a new limited One Piece official wristwatch “Shanks x Luffy: Chikai ni Kouro (The Passage of the Oath)” from their One Piece Premium Collection since May 11. As the name suggests, its design is inspired by the oath between Shanks and Monkey D. Luffy in the beginning of the story.

Its clock face has the Red Hair Pirates flag, the scars on Shanks’ face, and the straw hat Shanks gave to Luffy, while its backside also features the scene Shanks gave his straw hat to Luffy. The set includes a special leather box with a message card from the anime voice actor of Shanks, Shuichi Ikeda. The price for the 999-limited watch is 29,800 yen (about 248 US dollars), and scheduled shipping date is in late August.

[details=You can choose from a metal or leather band] http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/d13f141fe5e0b37d0f12c203baecf2f01431484429_full.jpg . http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/0c4f5a1454c144eddb3e25a2a6aa82c41431484447_full.jpg . http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/ad6d89be71434e09700006e67381bcf11431484478_full.jpg . http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/bbe24e8a263b27da281a678ae1ca9d0c1431484550_full.jpg . http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/bd1d87ba9c593b1eb3c8c7c5054cdd531431484586_full.jpg[/details]