Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

My only complaints about Foster dubs are when his genius has to be restrained to make a “serious” (read: lamer) dub, namely Angel Beats. I think that there was plenty of room for more Fosterization in HSotD, but for reasons that I would like to forget, there isn’t.

Strangely enough, Funimation’s PR crew are pretty weak public speakers. Adam Sheehan ain’t no Demosthenes, that’s for sure. They could improve by hiring Bob Napton of Bandai fame. Or they could have the directors and actors do the promoting for them; Chris Bevins and Josh Grelle were much better promoters than funi’s dedicated PR crew when they were promoting Princess Jellyfish this past winter.

I don’t know what happened but Jamie Marchi seems to have taken a nose-dive in quality, especially as a script writer. I thought her older stuff, and even her bit in Spice and Wolf, was pretty good, but this newer stuff doesn’t measure up, with her performance in this being the new low in the decline.

I thought the show was terrible in Japanese, but this dub could have done so much more. The more I think on it, the more I get back to Chris Ayres’ “catchphrase” of “blame the director”. Ian Sinclair delivers a performance that is worlds better in the contemporary dub of Shiki, Marchi has been awesome elsewhere as an actor, Monica Rial’s awesomeness didn’t seem fully utilized…all of which brings my blame back to Colleen.

Out of all the actors they had to make regular directors, why her?

Am I the only one that noticed this is a parody of the “Power Puff Girls”?

Being parody, the voice is prefect. Panty is Blossom, Stockings is Buttercup and Garter is the professor.
Sorry there is no Bubbles.

Nah, I’m not seeing the parody.

Realize the City, People and Police look just like Power Puff Girls.

The cut scene when Panty and Stocking goes to the city look the same as Power Puff Girls.

There most likely other Parodies going on as well with other shows.

More importantly, you said that the cast was a parody of pp girls. I do not see that.

Gotcha. I did not mean the voices sounded the same. The over dramatic voice acting is due to match with PPG. It possible VA for Japanese PSG matched with Japanese version of PPG. It might have been lost in translation when move to PSG to sound more like the American PPG.

I do think Stocking is trying to sound like Buttercup, agree not a good job if that is what they were going for.

Garter and Panty are just off.

Monica Rial sounding like Tommy from the rugrats (aka Buttercup)? I just don’t see, err hear lol, that.

Funimation to Release Panty & Stocking on BD in December

posted on 2012-10-04 16:58 EDT

Mmm…yeah, think I’m gonna wait for the reviews on this since I keep hearing/reading that the JP BDs just aren’t good; and in the slught chace Funi does their own mastering, they still won’t be on my priority list.

Funimation Delays Several November-January Titles

posted on 2012-10-24 21:03 EDT
Includes Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Blu-ray

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt - Did You Know Anime? Feat. Gigguk (Anime Zone)

Gainax West Teases Possible Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Announcement

posted on 2016-11-25 07:00 EST

1 Like

Crunchyroll Adds “Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt” to Anime Catalog

February 22, 2018 5:21pm CST
Available starting today!

Studio Trigger Reveals New Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Project

posted on 2022-07-02 21:07 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Original 13-episode series from GAINAX premiered in 2010

1 Like

Every Time Panty & Stocking Curse in English | Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

2022-07-13T23:40:00Z

This Week in Anime - What’s the Big Deal About Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt?

by Nicholas Dupree & Christopher Farris, Jul 19th 2022

In the spirit of Halloween and because I needed a good laugh, I started a re-watch of this one. It’s been a while, but it hasn’t lost any of its “charm.” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

New Panty & Stocking Project Teaser and More Revealed By TRIGGER

Jul 1, 2023 4:45 PM CDT
Anime Expo panel revealed new details on fan-favorite franchises

1 Like

Sushio, Mai Yoneyama Return to Work on New Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Anime Project

posted on 2023-11-17 21:55 EST by Crystalyn Hodgkins

1 Like