Persona (anime franchise)

“Persona 4” Anime vs. Video Game: Character Designs Compared

November 27, 2011 5:37pm CST
No surprise that they are pretty faithful

[size=15]Here’s a little preview shot of tomorrow’s new ep. Can’t wait![/size]

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/silh.jpg

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/No-One-Sees-the-Real-Me/Watch]![](upload://6M3UHU5l5I6GFlskL5i3BdHRDG.jpg)[/url] [b]Episode 09 is now LIVE![/b]

Episode 9 –

spoiler

I loved the OP on this ep! It was so cute. I can see how hard an idol’s life must be. No wonder Risette wanted to retire. But I think she ends up in the wrong town! Inaba of all places. And it was funny when she thought Narukami was a stalker. He didn’t even know who she was until he saw her on TV. It’s obvious, but I have a feeling this is going to be all about Rise and her “true self”.

Everyone is so sure that she will be the next target and so, everyone follows her. It’s almost like a parade! Rise must realize all these people are behind her. She can’t be that dense. They think they’re gotten the killer, but I’m sure it was just a fan. Especially after Rise shows up again on the Midnight Channel.

When her former manage shows up to tell her that someone else has taken her place in a movie, Rise actually looks a bit upset. And she runs from Narukami in tears when he asks if she’s okay. And that night, the image on the Midnight Channel is different. It looks like Rise has been taken despite all of their efforts.

spoiler

Not much for comments on the latest ep. A copy of small differences from the game, but personally I like them. In the game the main character didn’t hang out with Rise before she was kidnapped. Also, the chase with the crazy fan took place a day later, without anyone staying behind to protect Rise, and Rise was taken during the chase. As I sad before though I actually like the changes they made though.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/Real-Me-Doesn-t-Exist/Watch]![](upload://6M3UHU5l5I6GFlskL5i3BdHRDG.jpg)[/url] [b]Episode 10 is now LIVE![/b]
spoiler

Well, I’ve gotten ep 10 watched (and gotten that far in the game as well). The games events around rescuing Rise-san are far more suggestive, but personally I like the way the anime handled the whole ‘there is no real me’ angle more. And now for the new Personas info.

First up is Rise Kujikawa’s Himiko, who is of the Lovers Arcana:

“Himiko is one of the figures of Japanese folklore who comes from historical periods so ancient that there’s almost no way to distinguish fact from myth. Himiko was one of the early rulers of the part of Japan then called Yamato, and was powerful enough to establish friendly relations with China. Her people at least believed she had magical powers, and she’s often characterized as a priestess or shaman in descriptions. Himiko’s rule was famously peaceful, so much so that, for a time, her people believed peace could only come from being ruled by a woman.”

Now we have Teddie’s Kintoki-Douji, who is of the Star Arcana:

“The mythology behind Teddie’s brightly-colored superhero robot persona, Kintoki-Douji, references the legends that grew up around a man called Sakata no Kintoki. One of the retainers of Minamoto no Yorimitsu, Kintoki’s reputation for great strength, bravery, and absolute loyalty spawned countless folk legends about his feats. Many of these stories focus on his childhood, when he was known by the name Kintaro. He was believed to have grown up alone in deep forests, so strong that even as a toddler he could wield a hatchet and cleave boulders in half.”

That’s the majority of what I have to say on it, although I think that the anime’s version of Kintoki-Douji might actually be a bit cooler looking. I’ll probably post again after the next ep, since the discussion in here is nearly dead.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/Catch-Me-if-You-Can/Watch]![](upload://6M3UHU5l5I6GFlskL5i3BdHRDG.jpg)[/url] [b]Episode 11 is now LIVE![/b]
spoiler

Well, not much to comment on for this ep, just that they didn’t do much of an introduction for the school’s complimentary cougar when she replaces King Moron. In the game someone makes the mistake of saying that at least they can’t get someone worse than Morooka, and then they get the cougar and she gives them a pointless lecture about how ‘bad’ Rise is, the reason you should never say that things can’t get worse, they almost always will (the only time they don’t is when it’s actually true). Also, is it just me or isn’t Naoto actually a girl? I mean Tatsumi in Ar Tonelico Qoga is more convincingly a guy (and I know that Tatsumi is actually Cocona in disguise) than Naoto, but no one in the game or show seems to question calling Naoto a guy. I’m not far enough in the game yet to start to learn the truth there, so this is just a question from someone who isn’t quite convinced.

Hey guys, due to some production delays, this week’s new episode of Persona 4 will be a little late. We’ll give you all more details as they become available, so stay tuned!

[size=15]Persona 4 update: This week’s new episode will be available on the site Friday, Dec. 23 at 3PM EST. [/size]

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/It-s-Not-Empty-At-All/Watch]![](upload://6M3UHU5l5I6GFlskL5i3BdHRDG.jpg)[/url] [b]Episode 12 is now LIVE![/b]
spoiler

Well, I don’t have a whole lot to say here. I haven’t been working the past three weeks, and I just starting a job as a cab driver which is going to have me working 12 hour shifts, possibly 5 days a week, so I’m not going to have a lot of time to attempt to run the game along side the anime (of course, if I only work 2 or 3 days a week, with the right days that’d actually be better for me as it’s a 1 hour drive one-way for me to get to the job and on slow nights I might end up losing money, then I’d be able to attempt to play catch-up). I suspect though that this ep was giving us a glimpse of the “Bad Ending” in the game (not sure though, as it seems that you still have one more person to rescue whether you’re going for the Bad Ending or not, and the strategy guide doesn’t say anything about that boss having any impact on getting a specific ending). Well, I’m off to take a shower and head for my (hopefully) last day of training to be a cabby.

[quote=Rai]
Hey guys, look like Japan is taking a break this week, so new episodes of Persona 4 will resume January 5th [/quote]
There’s this.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/A-Stormy-Summer-Vacation-1/2/Watch]![](upload://6M3UHU5l5I6GFlskL5i3BdHRDG.jpg)[/url] [b]Episode 13 is now LIVE![/b]

I didn’t even notice this since I was concentrating on the subs, but someone else pointed ths out.

Ep. 13

Two Chies in the same scene!
Talk about one hell of an animation error.

I didn’t notice that either, and normally I do notice those things. That’s what I get for fussing with food while watching a show.

Also, talk about a parade of Social Links. All of the people that Yu was shown spending time with has a Social Link associated with them, along with a some of the ‘strangers’ that Nanako talked to/helped. Actually, the fox is also associated with one, although that one is progressed by completing quests, and from the preview they’re going to go into more detail on that one next ep.

There’s a schedule change for the rest of the Persona 4 episodes, read about it in the blog.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/A-Stormy-Summer-Vacation-2/2/Watch]![](upload://6M3UHU5l5I6GFlskL5i3BdHRDG.jpg)[/url] [b]Episode 14 is now LIVE![/b]
spoiler

That was a very interesting combined look into the summer vacation, and an excellent job of integrating the Social Link interactions into the anime without getting it all bogged down in minutia. Since no one else even seems to pay attention to this thread anymore I’m not going to say anything else.