Personal Firearms

Okay TAN lots of us are responsible adult-like people. I hope anyway. Heres the skinny, ya’ll got personal firearms? Do you collect, or do you know people with extensive collections?

Remarkably, I have the Basic Trifecta. Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle.
These are nice sports tools, some for huning, other protection, and some just for target. Interesting side note, when you shoot skeet (thats where you have 2 discs flying from two directions) a pump action is a bit more work than an over under, not only do you have to physically pump, but theres some eye reorienting. Over all its pretty fun.

Its always important to practice your marksmanship, this ensures you know what your weapon is doing. Lets not forget proper maintenance? It is good to make sure they are clean and in good order at near all times. Last thing you need is a chunk of dirt gumming things up or worse, jamming it all up.

I enjoy the ability to practice and improve on what I have learned. As everyone should.

As always, when dealing with your firearms, keep yourself and those around you safe by properly handing your weapon. Watch the barrel orientation, and make sure if there are issue with the weapon you check them to be sure they are properly working.

What are your likes regarding shooting, either leisure, recreation/sports or hunting?

1 Like

When I was first injured back in 2006 I was told that there were certain things I could do when hunting because of my injury that no one else could. For instance I would be able to set up in my van and shoot from the confines of my vehicle which apparently is not legal for someone who isn’t injured LOL. Laws might have changed as well since then. I never pursued hunting because I didn’t want to deal with the hassle though.

I could shoot certain guns with the help of adapters but I don’t really want to go through the hassle of doing all that.

I’ve been thinking about purchasing a 1911 Colt 45 to put in a display on my wall since that’s like my favorite firearm ever.

colt governments are nice. if you’re going to hang it on your wall, find one that is a collector’s item with custom engravings and the like.

1 Like

That has crossed my mind but I’m not sure if I want to go with anything super fancy. Just the stock default set up looks pretty nice to me.

1 Like