Pirates of Darkwater - The Complete Series on DVD

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pirates-Darkwater-The-Complete-Series/14334#ixzz0y6VkJZlJ

http://www.wbshop.com/Pirates-of-Dark-Water-The-Complete-Series/1000161863,default,pd.html?cgid=

This is exclusive to Warners Webstore so and looks to be a on demand DVD title. Looks like this is how they decided to do these fan wanted titles they don’t think will sell well in retail. Rather see it through Amazon as WB’s webstore in the past has left much to be desired in packaging and tracking info.

That was a really good show, it was a shame it was never finished.

I concur, I might actually get the what comprises the series anyways!

I’m quite happy about this and will probably be ordering this tomorrow or later this week.
I’m also hoping this part is true.

[quote]Word on the 'net is that the folks at WBshop.com are busy preparing other animated titles for their MOD program. While the studio won’t confirm anything for us officially until they’re ready to announce the titles, we’ve heard that TV shows on their radar for upcoming release are along the lines of 1980’s Thundarr the Barbarian, and 1972’s Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space (the continuation of the original 1970 Josie and the Pussycats, which is already on DVD). Gossip is that we might see those in September, but we’re strongly cautioning our readers that nothing is finalized or set in stone, and that early plans are always subject to change. New gossip on the grapevine is that the WBshop is looking at the possibility of some Halloween-themed titles for October, and that one of those could possibly be one of the cartoon versions of The Addams Family (there was a 1973 animated show, and also one in 1992). And that’s just some of their upcoming plans! None of that is official yet, though, so please take it with a grain of salt. Stay tuned, however, and we’ll report on further developments as they occur.

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pirates-Darkwater-The-Complete-Series/14334#ixzz0y6g7kjar[/quote]

I want http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0175738/ on DVD.

ShawnMerrow wrote:

Oh god yes, this show got me up in the morning, and through my history class in the afternoon when I was a little kid.

HELL YEAH! It’s about time! This was from the era of some real quality titles from Hanna Barbara. Too bad they have just become an “in name only” division of Warner Brothers. :frowning:

In the past, if some titles have done well enough on WB’s website, they have found their way to Amazon and others. The “Flight Of Dragons” DVD was initially an exclusive to the WB store but later popped up on Amazon after selling fairly well.

If I am reading what a on demand DVD is from them. It’s not like a burn on demand its an actually retail level DVD just they are only making them as they get orders. Makes me wonder if this is how we could see some of Viz’s shows getting finished or in some cases like Maison Ikkoku a reprint. Maybe we will finally see the rest of Silverhawks. Silverhawks kind of sucks now compared to my childhood memories ,but man I’d like to finish it. I’d also like to see some of the less remembered 70’s & 80’s Hanna Barbara and Ruby-Spears shows on DVD.

@Cody I thought I remembered one or two of them getting a Amazon listing later.

I for one would love to have the Centurions on DVD…lol Go Ruby Spears!

I think Warner Brothers actually does most of their own DVD replication, so that could be why this is feasible for them. I doubt it would be worth the effort for someone like Viz or other niche publishers, as it would likely to be very costly for them to do so. However, Warner does do distribution for Viz, though I don’t know if they do their replication or not.

Damn I was hoping this would be included in the 25% off discount I get from Warner for being part of the rewards program. It’s about the only thing that does not get the discount.

Guess I can order it and the Batman Beyond Complete Collection to hit the free shipping mark. Wish Warner had some more stuff coming out.

After looking into this and the other Warner Achive titles, it looks like they are DVD-Rs, like what CreateSpace does on Amazon. I think they should play fine in my Pioneer DVD player though. However mst of these Warner titles apparently look fairly bad in the video quality department. It even notes it hasn’t been remastered, so one should keep their expectations in line.

I’ve been wanting to get “Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark” too, but I’ve heard not so great things about the video quality.

Are you afraid of the Dark anyone remember that on Nickelodeon?

I loved that show! It was released on DVD in Canada. I have the first two seasons, but the video quality is terrible.

not surprised but that is something fun to remember

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]After looking into this and the other Warner Achive titles, it looks like they are DVD-Rs, like what CreateSpace does on Amazon. I think they should play fine in my Pioneer DVD player though. However mst of these Warner titles apparently look fairly bad in the video quality department. It even notes it hasn’t been remastered, so one should keep their expectations in line.

I’ve been wanting to get “Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark” too, but I’ve heard not so great things about the video quality.[/quote]

I was hoping they were normal DVD releases as I’ve had issues in the past with DVD-R’s. I’ve not run across any Reviews of the set yet and the one place that would do them the guy is busy so not sure when he will be able to do one. Warner has a video cap for what it looks like ,but they may have done a slight tweak to make it look better then it actually does. Show was bright and crisp back in the day like most H/B shows ,but from what I have seen that even on production retail DVD’s does not always translate to looking good now. Really depends on what masters they are using. If it’s the studio masters and not the TV ones we might be good.