Sentai / Anime Network Newsletters, Blogs & More!

This thread is for all news that doesn’t fit into any particular anime thread or category.
Most news comes from Sentai Filmworks Tumblr Page, Sentai Filmworks Twitter Page, The Anime Network Twitter Page, from various Convention events, or other news sources.

Things to remember:

1. Stay on topic. Keep your comments to the topics listed, if you want to discuss a particular anime, go to that thread. Any anime discussion will be moved to their respective threads.

2. Keep it civil. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No back and forth will be tolerated.

3. Absolutely NO sub vs. dub discussion allowed.

http://sentaifilmworks.tumblr.com/post/100265971228/if-you-guys-are-okay-with-licensing-older-anime-that

Q) If you guys are okay with licensing older anime that are pure GOLD, some suggestions: Starry Sky, Kimi To Boku (aka You & I), Hyouka, Wake Up Girls!, Skip Beat!, Shugo Chara, Devils and Realist, Miracle Train, & Alice in the Country of Hearts movie. There are also some newer ones you should consider too like: Wolf Girl and Black Prince, World Trigger, & Parasyte -the maxim-. And if you’re up for doing yaoi, Sekai ichi Hatsukoi is in SERIOUS need of a license. Dramatical Murder would be nice too.

A) I can tell you right now that out of all the shows you listed there we have…4 of those shows, but we haven’t announced them yet. :wink:

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/523220151575908353

Q) What are the factors that determine whether a show gets a dub or not?

A) a number of different things: streaming numbers, strength of brand, fan opinion, etc.

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/523221746363551744

Q) Are you still out trying to license older anime, ones that are from before 2010?

A) All the time, we are always looking into the past for hidden gems that go unearthed.

So what is the 4th one that Sentai got? The first 3 have to be:

Wolf Girl and Black Prince
Wake Up Girls!
Skip Beat!

But I cannot figure out which is the most likely among the rest to fit with Sentai

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/523222265442217984

Q) will you ever bundle op/ed/ost’s in with releases? Of course depending on the licensing if possible.

A) It all really depends on the licensing, but we would love to. We did it with Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and people really loved it.

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/523231401580048384

Q) Across from #NoGameNoLife, are there any other spring 2014 anime titles you guys plan to dub?

A) Might be too early to tell right now.

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/status/523231694346649601

Q) Any hints for future premium editions?

A) We can’t show our hand all the way, can we? :wink:

Only show on that list I would support. I HATE the cut off point however. Made the fact I’m reading the manga a bit of a kick in the gut.

What are 12 shows that have never been in my Crunchy queue :smile:

Maybe some of those 12 are gems. But I’m unfamiliar with them, which is part of why I assert that Sentai is barking up the wrong tree with this:

Interesting thread topic.

Looks like Chris Patton is going to have another Sentai dub roll.

[quote] @Sentaifilmworks See you guys on Monday!
#werk![/quote]

1 Like

Looks like it was 2 roles.

https://twitter.com/chrisdpatton/status/533965332608589824

Christopher Patton

Back frm H. Recorded 2 Anime. 1 lead role. 1 supporting. About 4,000 lines of dialogue. In 1 week. Boom! #sentaifilmworks #yay

1 Like

I wonder if Chris Patton is the new speed dubber to beat at Sentai lol. Gotta get Greg Ayres’ scoop on that.

So now we’re just waiting for the other shoe to drop with Sentai announcements. They promise us that it’s a “doozy” and I hope so as the others haven’t made my wallet cry out in dismay yet. Unless Sentai has been sitting on the TWGOK: Goddesses dub for quite some time now, I’m wary of it as I’m not a big fan of director changes mid-series in general.

[quote]Caitlynn French
4:21 AM - 22 Nov 2014
Time to go pay a visit to @Sentaifilmworks and then have a lunch date with @WowSuchKrystal #everythingisawesome #Bamf[/quote]

[quote]Caitlynn French
9:40 AM - 22 Nov 2014
Booth face #SelfieSaturday #shameless @Sentaifilmworks[/quote]

1 Like

12 Days of Dear Sentai Claus

Good news, everyone!

Sentai Claus is returning and this year he’s doing things a bit differently. Instead of there being only two lucky winners, this year he’s going to pick TWELVE!

How does the magic work, you ask?

It’s simple! The registration period for this sweepstakes will be December 1 – 12, 2014. You can enter once every day by filling out our registration form (which will become available on December 1st).

So, what are the prizes?

That’s the best part – you tell us! There will be a field that you can fill in to tell Sentai Claus which one of our 2014 releases you would like to receive! (The only items excluded are collector’s editions.)

Oh…and don’t forget to share the fun on Facebook after registering because for every one of your friends that registers you’ll get TWO more bonus entries. AND, when you tweet about the sweepstakes you’ll get THREE more bonus entries!

Good luck and happy holidays!

1 Like

:arrow_up: This sounds like fun. I’m in! :gift:

Good news, everyone!

Sentai Claus is returning and this year he’s doing things a bit differently. Instead of there being only two lucky winners, this year he’s going to pick TWELVE!

How does the magic work, you ask?

It’s simple! The registration period for this sweepstakes will be December 1 – 12, 2014. You can enter once every day by filling out our registration form (which will become available on December 1st).

So, what are the prizes?

That’s the best part – you tell us! There will be a field that you can fill in to tell Sentai Claus which one of our 2014 releases you would like to receive! (The only items excluded are collector’s editions.)

Oh…and don’t forget to share the fun on Facebook after registering because for every one of your friends that registers you’ll get TWO more bonus entries. AND, when you tweet about the sweepstakes you’ll get THREE more bonus entries!

Good luck and happy holidays!

[size=16]Fill out the form on this page (click here)[/size]

This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Sentai Filmworks and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims. Participation in this promotion is subject to the official rules.

Only two more days to enter!
See the post above for details!!

Today is the very last day to enter our Dear Sentai Claus giveaway, you like free stuff, dont you? :wink:

[size=20]Anime Snowman And Winter Crafts Contest[/size]
December 19, 2014

Anime News Network is hosting its first ever anime-themed holiday contest, and we want our readers to let their creativity run wild! Our amazing sponsors have donated a ton of fabulous prizes, and we have lots of ways you can win. We know that snow doesn’t exactly hit every corner of the globe, so while one of the components of the contest is a snowman-building contest, we have a whole category dedicated to “everything else.” This means that not only should everyone be able to participate, but your imagination is pretty much the only boundary.

What we’re looking for is three-dimensional art projects, but it doesn’t have to be elaborate or complicated. For example, you could submit Pokémon snowmen, or dress up your snowman in cosplay. Or if you don’t have snow or don’t want to go outside, you can make anime-themed gingerbread houses, re-arrange your figures into holiday dioramas, cut out Hatsune Miku snowflakes, or show off your anime-themed holiday decorations. As long as it’s three-dimensional (including cosplay!) and winter- or winter holiday-themed, you can submit it.

(Details in the link above)

[size=16]Sponsored by[/size]: