RightStuf, Inc. News

We Can’t Draw! | Right Stuf Plays Anime Pictionary

To All of Our Fabulous Anime, Manga and More Shoppers:

Wow, so another wonderful birthday sale is in the books and we hope everyone was able to load up on the tremendous deals that were available during the sale. Thank you for helping us celebrate 33 years of service to Anime and Manga fans throughout the world.

Our number one goal here at RightStufAnime is getting all of your purchases to you in a timely manner utilizing our sensational packaging techniques. However, while we work our way through the order volume and while continuing to try to keep our RSA family members safe, I wanted to send out an additional update and ask once again for some patience and understanding while we do our best to fulfill our commitments to you.

We ran long days through the month of July to try to keep up with the order volume and while I believe we did a really good job; my RSA family is tired and I need to reduce their hours back down to normal 8-hour shifts. We will push through this week with long days, but starting next week we will be returning to a non-overtime schedule. So, we may need a few extra days to process orders, but you can be confident that we will get them out the door as quickly as possible.

Additional updates:
• We are still receiving numerous complaints about our carriers are not updating tracking information. USPS is the biggest culprit, but ALL carriers are experience this at some level. So needless to say, if you can’t track the package, our wonderful customer care team can’t do anything either and we can’t file a claim until the package has been missing for 30 days. We have also noticed that a number of the people who have contacted us get their package even though tracking was never updated.
• Out of stock items – we are ordering and receiving as quickly as we can but we are not always getting updates as to when the product will be leaving the publisher’s facilities or arriving at ours. Most distribution centers are working with reduced staff and hours to help maintain a healthy work environment for their employees like we try to do here at RSA.
• In Stock Notifications – it is possible for you to receive one of these notifications if you signed up for one just to see that your order stays on in a Pending Fulfillment status so why does this happen?

1. It was popular item and the stock that came in was allocated to orders that are older than yours. But not to worry we have ordered more, just waiting for it to arrive.
  2. The product came in, but we discovered damages that we were unwilling to ship to you. So, we need more supply so that you only receive high quality products.

• Returns processing – We had to dramatically reduce returns processing to utilize that staff in fulfilling orders. We hope to have normal returns processing going next week, however they will be playing catch-up.

We are painfully aware that Amazon can ship faster, but we have and will always pride our level of service on quality because we believe you deserve the very BEST. Many of the RSA family members are collectors who know first-hand how disappointing it is to receive product that was simply thrown in a box with minimal protection.

In closing we continue to hope that you and your family members are staying safe and healthy and remember, kindness costs nothing but means everything, especially to someone struggling.

Sincerely,
Christine Morgan
Vice President

2 Likes

To Our Fabulous Customers:

2020 so far is the unpleasant gift that just keeps giving. While it seems to test our abilities at every turn, I would say that we all remain resilient and steadfast on our mission to take care of our customers the best way we can, but alas we’ve had yet another obstacle thrown our way.

On Monday our little slice of heaven was hit with a derecho. Our RSA family had to spend a significant amount of time in the basement in our facility riding out the storm. In the Des Moines metro area where we operate 120,000 were left without power and while we were fortunate we only lost one phase of the 3 phases of power we have coming into the building. However, this loss of power continues as I write this and while we have a backup generator it can only support part of the business.

However, we remain operational with a few challenges.
• Most offices are working in the dark with only the light from their computers as our building doesn’t have many windows.
• We have no air conditioning, but we are thankful we aren’t experiencing super high temps like we had earlier this summer.
• Our phones are out, but our website and live chat are fully operational. Although with the phone issues, our chat requests, as you might suspect, are much higher so wait times are longer. Please be mindful that we are still working with reduced staff and our team is doing the very best they can.
• Our tape machines in the warehouse are down, so we are using manual tape guns which slows our packing process down tremendously, especially because we will not waiver on our excellent packaging requirements.
• Reduced staffing remains an issue with COVID-19 continuing to stick around. Even when we are fully staffed our numbers are small compared to other shipping giants. However, when we are fully staffed we are an extremely efficient organization.

Some good news:
• Publishers are shipping pretty steady now and we are doing our best to receive as quickly as we can. As I stated in one of my previous emails, we ran long hours during the birthday sale, but I’m not willing to keep that pace up as my RSA family members need some rest.

Continued challenges:
• Tracking information not being updated timely by carriers continues to be a problem. So, while our fantastic customer care team would like to help, if you can’t track the package, neither can they and carriers require we wait 30 days to file a missing package claim.
• Understanding of partial shipping policy. While some of you may be new to RSA, it is important that one realizes in order for us to offer free shipping at $50 we simply can’t partial ship until it is conducive to our workflow, and right now that is simply not the case. So, if you purchased out of stock items with in-stock items I implore you to refrain from contacting my agents to ask the status of your orders. They truly cannot provide you with any updates and partial shipping for a fee has been halted until further notice.
• Out of stock products and dates when they will arrive are also not consistently available to our agents at this time so while they would like to help they simply cannot on this matter.
• Unkind behavior when addressing our agents has gotten to a level where I very well may lose people who have been with us for a very long time. This is completely unacceptable as they truly are doing the best they can under the circumstances we all find ourselves in this year. So, to mistreat the very people who are trying to help you is beyond my ability to comprehend.

In closing, I respectfully ask that you keep in mind that our little RSA family prides ourselves on a high level of service that because of no fault of our own, has been impacted by the events of 2020. We are NOT the big shipping machine who doesn’t care how your product shows up and we never plan to be because we have spent 33 years building a reputation of quality and while we could “cut corners” to get packages out the door, we simply aren’t willing to do so.

Kindest Regards,
Christine Morgan
Vice President

4 Likes

Unkind behavior when addressing our agents has gotten to a level where I very well may lose people who have been with us for a very long time. This is completely unacceptable as they truly are doing the best they can under the circumstances we all find ourselves in this year. So, to mistreat the very people who are trying to help you is beyond my ability to comprehend.

I’m sorry, but the fact that needed to be pointed out shows how stupid customers are.

4 Likes

Penguin Highway Limited Edition Blu-ray Canceled :

This Penguin Highway Book Set contains a Complete Film Storyboard Collection, Production Designs, and Sketch Book. These were originally meant to be part of the Limited Edition Blu-ray Set that was unfortunately canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. If you loved the movie, now is your chance to own these beautiful books to add to your collection!

This Penguin Highway Book Set contains a Complete Film Storyboard Collection, Production Designs, and Sketch Book.

Penguin Highway the Complete Film Storyboard Collection Book features full storyboards chronicling the entire film collected in a single volume.

Penguin Highway Production Designs Book featuring memo notes from Director Hiroyasu Ishida plus production image boards, layouts, key frames, backgrounds, and cells of Aoyama, The Lady, and The Penguins.

Penguin Highway Sketch Book featuring a collection of illustrations drawn by Director Hiroyasu Ishida.

To Our Spectacular Customers,

My last update email stimulated significant out pouring of love from you guys and gals to my RSA family members and I can’t tell you how much that means to me personally as well as the family. Those of you who took the time to send in supporting messages, they couldn’t have come at a better time, so thank you so much.

I wanted to updated you again as things are improving but supply replenishment is still slow and updates about slowness are not always forthcoming. Some publishers have indicated that they expect the slowness to continue for a while again our assumption would be working with reduced staff.

We’ve seen fewer carrier complaints lately, but still the random taking 2 weeks to go somewhere that should have taken 4 to 5 days. Unfortunately, even our carrier representatives we work closely with can’t provide us any assistance on these issues.

On August 21st and August 25th, we will be working these 2 days with half our current staff as we reward them with a paid day off as a thanks for the tremendous efforts they have put in so far this year. Can we all agree 2020 has been a, well you fill in the blanks.

However, since rewarding our family members may impact you slightly, on top of our normal weekend sale, I decided to throw in these special offers today through Monday at midnight or until quantities run out as a token of my appreciation. The convention bag has extremely limited quantities but is legendary in the Midwest conventions, which we are missing terribly this year.

We hope you have a fabulous weekend and remain safe and healthy.

Kindest Regards,
Christine Morgan
Vice President

2 Likes

About Right Stuf Anime Convention Blind Bag

Anime, CDs, manga, merch, & more! You’ll never know what you might find when you dive into these loot-filled Right Stuf Blind Bags.

Each blind bag includes a “Ritsu Right Stuf Anime Mascot Drawstring Bag” (a $5.99 value) plus 10 or more miscellaneous items from ANY of the following categories:

• Blu-rays
  • DVDs
  • CDs
  • Manga/Novels
  • Specialty Books
  • Posters
  • Pins
  • Badges
  • Stickers
  • Drinkware
  • Hats
  • & MORE!

You could even find limited or exclusive only items, no longer available gifts with purchase, or a discontinued item you thought you might never own!

Normally these exclusive bags can be found ONLY at the Right Stuf booth at all the anime conventions we attend! Now bring the fun of conventions straight to your door. Excluded from free shipping due to contents containing some non-media items.

*Note: If you order more than one Blind Bag, it is possible you may receive duplicate items. While there is a finite number of different things possible in the Blind Bag at any one time, it is still possible to receive duplicates.

**Please note: All Blind Box Bargain sales are final and are not eligible for return.

1 Like

Light Yagami 2.0 Death Note Nendoroid Contest

Sign up for your chance to win this figure: Explore the Ultimate Anime & Manga Shop | Crunchyroll Store

1 Like

Newsweek: Best Online Shops 2021

2020-09-03T05:00:00Z

1 Like

Summer & Fall Simulcast Highlights | Right Stuf Anime

Our Favorite Mecha | Right Stuf Anime

LIVE Fireside Chat with TRSI’s Shawne Kleckner - ANN Connect

2 Likes

Wait. Zetsubou-sensei is getting released in the states???

When was this announced?

1 Like

Last night during that YouTube interview.

2 Likes

Ah. I’s an idjot.

:rofl:

2 Likes

It got announced in July last year with coming this year ,but having to translate from scratch probably means 2021 .

1 Like

Right Stuf Anime “Cubes” Ep. 1: Jennifer

Freedom Gundam Concept 2 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Metal Build Figure