RightStuf, Inc. News

2 Likes

Update to the Sales Tax section on RightStuf

Explore the Ultimate Anime & Manga Shop | Crunchyroll Store

Sales Tax

RightStufAnime.com will automatically calculate the sales tax for your order during the checkout process based on your shipping destination. Some locations may have additional local option or jurisdictional taxes. If you are submitting your order by mail, you will need to include sales tax based on where it is you are shipping to. Feel free to reach out to us if you have questions so that your order is not delayed.

Modifying your order may update the taxes on your order, based on local requirements. While we appreciate no one enjoys paying the tax man, it’s how communities fund their schools, roads, and more.

2 Likes

I have no sales tax.

They I think just put these fee’s in to our state taxes.

2 Likes

Dear God, this is the end… .

4 Likes

So, Sony bought Rightstuf too???

4 Likes

From RightStuf website:

Will Right Stuf Sell Only Crunchyroll Products?
Right Stuf will continue to provide the same wide variety of products we have been offering for 35 years, with the exception of Erotica products.

Can I Return Crunchyroll Shop Items To Right Stuf? Can I Return Right Stuf Purchases To Crunchyroll?
Right Stuf and Crunchyroll stores will continue to operate separately for the moment, and any returns should be made to the store where the item was purchased.

4 Likes

I can only hope this means the CR store will eventually be shut down…

That’s the only possible good news to come out of this…

3 Likes

Crunchyroll Closes Deal to Acquire Anime Superstore Right Stuf

August 04, 2022 12:00pm CDT
Right Stuf joins the Crunchyroll family to bring fans and collectors even greater store offerings!

Crunchyroll Purchases Anime Retailer Right Stuf

posted on 2022-08-04 13:26 EDT by Alex Mateo
Right Stuf will continue to sell products from different companies

3 Likes

I can only hope this doesn’t only mean “for the time being”…

3 Likes

Well them not setting up the ero store before all this happened leaves me without Ladies versus Butlers Undressed for a while longer now. Bull :poop:.

3 Likes

I made it just under the wire, got my ship notice for it today

3 Likes

Same :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I should have ordered it separate in hindsight. Ah well canceled the figure ,but will keep it. May just put my one card that is a lot easier to deal with issues if they arise.
So they at least took Mother of the Goddess’ Dormitory off the adult list. So it stays. Repoo is gone though.

3 Likes

Crunchyroll is ‘Evaluating Rights’ Regarding Nozomi Entertainment Following Purchase of Right Stuf

posted on 2022-08-04 16:25 EDT by Alex Mateo
Dirty Pair English dub Kickstarter confirms Nozomi Entertainment purchase by extension

5 Likes

All of this consolidation is disgusting.

5 Likes

Just perusing the CR forums and rumor mill has it that Shawne Kleckner (Owner of Right Stuf) is looking to retire soon and wanted sell RS to a company that has experience in the business so it would be business mostly as usual when he left. Don’t blame him, he’s done a fantastic job Just wish it wasn’t Crunchyroll who bought it.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Wonder what happens to the Rightstuf archive? Also I don’t think Sunrise cares for Sony. So Gundam might get a new home at some point.

4 Likes

Hmm Violence Jack is ok but not ladies vs butlers? :rofl:

4 Likes

You could say the same about Testament of Sister New Devil, which is still up, but not Ladies v. Butlers

4 Likes