Rurouni Kenshin ~ New Kyoto Arc / Rurouni Kenshin - Meiji Kenkaku Romantan: Shin Kyōto-Hen

###Rurouni Kenshin ~ New Kyoto Arc / Rurouni Kenshin - Meiji Kenkaku Romantan: Shin Kyōto-Hen

Genres: action, drama
Themes: historical, samurai, swordplay
Objectionable content: Significant
Running time: 47 minutes per episode
Number of episodes: 2
Vintage: 2011-12-17

Plot Summary: Told from the perspective of Misao Makimachi, this alternate retelling of the Kyoto arc chronicles the adventures of wandering swordsman Kenshin Himura and his quest in putting a stop to the evil Makoto Shishio and his plot to take over Japan.

ANN Info Page

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

That’s why Kenshin wasn’t as good as it could have been IMO, because while it explored the depths of Shishio’s character it did so with the constant, never-challenged assumption that he was “evil” and that Kenshin was inherently and incontrovertibly “good”. Kenshin as a franchise lacks for a moral grey area, or even for the idea that Kenshin might, at some point, lose a meaningful fight.

Anyhow, I haven’t paid much attention to this, since it’s an Aniplex release. Is there any news on its dub? Is it any good? Misao wasn’t exactly a great or even interesting character so I’m concerned about anything from her perspective.

[quote=“celestial_being”]

That’s why Kenshin wasn’t as good as it could have been IMO, because while it explored the depths of Shishio’s character it did so with the constant, never-challenged assumption that he was “evil” and that Kenshin was inherently and incontrovertibly “good”. Kenshin as a franchise lacks for a moral grey area, or even for the idea that Kenshin might, at some point, lose a meaningful fight.

Anyhow, I haven’t paid much attention to this, since it’s an Aniplex release. Is there any news on its dub? Is it any good? Misao wasn’t exactly a great or even interesting character so I’m concerned about anything from her perspective.[/quote]
To cut down on clutter, all PRs are now up in a sticky thread.
It says that:

, so there will be a dub, but no word yet on casting or anything like that.

[quote]via Anime Crossroads

Planned for March release:

• Rurouni Kenshin ~ New Kyoto Arc – DVD & BD (trying to get the principal cast back)[/quote]

The Fandom Post

Cover art has been posted.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?19517-Rurouni-Kenshin-New-Kyoto-Arc-BD-Subtitles

David Williams wrote:

[QUOTe]We just want to let you know that, at the request of the licensor, the subtitle and audio features on the Rurouni Kenshin ~ New Kyoto Arc BD are locked.[/QUOTE]

[size=15]English Dub Cast[/size]

[quote]ADR Director: Charles Campbell

Kenshin Himura - J.Shannon Weaver
Kaoru Kamiya - Amanda Hawana
Yahiko Myojin - Blake Shepard
Sanosuke Sagara - Grey Haddock
Misao Makimachi - Meg Bauman-Shideler
Hajime saito - John Swasey
Seijuro Hiko - Andrew Love
Makoto Shishio - David Wald
Yumi Komagata - Claire Hamilton
Soujiro Seta - Clint Bickham
Anji Yukyuzan - Lowell Bartholomee
Fuji - Lowell Bartholomee
Aoshi Shinomori - John Gremillion
Seiku Arai - Leraldo Anzaldua
lori Arai - Amanda Hawana
Okina - Marty Fleck
Aoshi - John Gremillion
Omime - Allison Sumrall
Omasu - Allison Sumrall
Kuro - Xander Cross
Shiro - Leraldo Anzaldua
Soldier Bob - David Matranga
Captain - John Gremillion[/quote]

The Fandom Post

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Rurouni-Kenshin-New-Kyoto-Arc/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 01 is now LIVE![/b]

Forum thinks I ought to read this formerly-571 day old thread. I think that this ought to happen more often:

[quote=“celestial_being, post:9, topic:6605”]
Forum thinks I ought to read this formerly-571 day old thread.[/quote]
Forum thinks this because Coffee just edited it.