Sailor Moon / Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon

Neon Alley News

✧✧ Your free preview of the newly re-dubbed Sailor Moon ✧✧
Episodes 24 - 46 are expiring from Neon Alley and Hulu TONIGHT
Watch them before they go away!

Get ready for the release of the next DVD and Blu-Ray on 2/10/15!!
PRE-order HERE or HERE - available today at sale prices!

1 Like

[size=16]Neon Alley News[/size]
☆ ☆ ☆ SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL ☆ ☆ ☆

The beginning of the second story arc, The Black Moon Arc, is coming on JANUARY 17, 2015.

Act. 14: CONCLUSION AND COMMENCEMENT - PETITE ÉTRANGERE - is the first Episode in the next story arc!
Get ready for the next Episode by watching all the previous story arc’s Episodes HERE

[size=16]Sailor Moon Crystal to Air on TV in Japan, Starting in April[/size]
posted on 2015-01-15 03:45 EST

[size=16]Viz Media Announces New Sailor Moon Crystal Anime Episodes on Neon Alley[/size]
Jan 16th 2015

1st Sailor Moon Anime to Rerun on Japanese TV

posted on 2015-01-21 07:05 EST

1 Like

[size=16]Sailor Moon Crystal Unveils Black Moon’s Cast, Designs[/size]
posted on 2015-01-26 05:05 EST
Mamoru Miyano, Tsubasa Yonaga, Hiroki Takahashi, Houko Kuwashima join cast

Viz Media Announces the Home Media Release of Sailor Moon Season 1, Set 2

Feb 5th 2015

Sailor Moon English Dub Clip Previews Volume 2

posted on 2015-02-05 19:34 EST
Second half of season 1 ships February 10

Sailor Moon’s English Dub Clip Previews Season 1’s Final Episodes

posted on 2015-02-07 14:00 EST
Season 1’s 2nd half ships on Tuesday

Viz, you may qualify for the “biggest distributor of Manga in NA”, but these days there’s no way in hell you’re the biggest distributor of Anime in NA.

I had a feeling this was going to be the “special announcement”. I wonder if they will hold off on giving us the old series here until the new one is licensed?

I think it might be the case of the two companies I’ve heard that are fighting over the original might drop it to try and get this. So maybe a certain a third company which is probably the better option for getting the original will get the original.

I wonder if this new one will be a long series as well or if they will just make a couple 26 episode series.

I have a feeling this one will be much shorter, at least initially. I don’t see them going much beyond that unless the first 26 episodes are really, really successful.

Happy Dance, Happy Dance. Jiggity Jig, Jiggity Jig.

Good to see this happen. Hopefully the log jam on Sailor Moon in the English speaking world will be broken now.

Mark Gosdin

The log jam on Sailor Moon has already been broken. It’s just a matter of settling who will end up with the series. There is a lot of bidding and going back and forth with Japan. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if the new show holds it up.

Also, I really would love to see Sentai nab it for one reason. I think Hilary Haag would make an awesome Sailor Moon/Usagi. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just a thought: Hopefully this “Targeted Worldwide simultaneous release” is not through Nico Nico.

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the release of “Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon” and to celebrate there was a talk event held on July 6th at Roppongi’s Nicofarre.

During the event, it was announced that a new Sailor Moon anime is currently in the works and is set for release in summer of 2013 with idol group Momoiro Clover Z singing the theme song. Momoiro Clover Z participated in the event through a live hook-up from “Japan Expo” in Paris, France. The girls even took part in Sailor Moon cosplay and enthusiastically sang the beloved theme song “Moonlight Densetsu”.

Voice Actress Mitsuishi Kotono (Tsukino Usagi/Sailor Moon) and Furuya Tohru (Chiba Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask) attended the event alongside Kodansha’s Osano Fumio, who used to be the editor of Takeuchi Naoko (the author of “Sailor Moon”).

Mitsuishi talked about how she feels regarding the new anime series, “There are many adults who grew up loving this show, so with the creation of the new series, I think I need to face it by putting my heart in it sincerely, with even more power-ups in intensity than the previous series. I would like to do my best. I wonder, will I appear in it?” Mitsuishi spoke out with a hint of anxiety, but finished up by saying, “In one sentence, I can say that I am looking forward to it.”

Furuya also commented, “Joking aside, I was really surprised that it has already been 20 years. This is the production that I played in for 5 years, and that created a big boom. I was hoping for it to come back again. I’d love to be part of the new anime as well.”

Osano talked about the new anime, “This won’t be a movie. We just haven’t decided the details regarding the broadcast.”

“Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon” first began in the February 1992 issue of “Nakayoshi”. Since then, there have been a TV anime, movies, musicals, and a TV drama. It’s a series that has a variety of mixed media involved with it. The moon wands and other items have also become extremely popular and it was a social phenomenon back in those days as well.

The comics and anime books have been released in 17 different languages and have become popular throughout the world as well. In regards to that, they are aiming to release this new anime simultaneously throughout the world.

Info by: Kanki
Website for Information: http://www.tokyohive.com

Whats your take on this NEW release?
Other information about the NEW anime has still not been shared.
It’s been kept top secret.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-27/new-sailor-moon-anime-delayed
[size=20]New Sailor Moon Anime Delayed[/size]
posted on 2013-04-27 02:13 EDT

Fumio Osano, the Sailor Moon manga’s Kodansha editor who is known by his nickname “Osabu,” confirmed in response to a question on his Twitter account that the new Sailor Moon anime has been delayed. The anime was previously announced as debuting this summer.

Osabu has not yet given further details, but a more formal announcement is expected soon. When asked if the anime would broadcast in winter 2014, he responded, “Not 2014. Perhaps.”

The idol group Momoiro Clover Z, publisher Kodansha and Sailor Moon manga creator Naoko Takeuchi announced the new anime adaptation of the manga last July. Momoiro Clover Z announced that they would perform a theme song for the new anime at France’s Anime Expo, while a special event on the same day commemorated the 20th anniversary of Naoko Takeuchi 's Sailor Moon manga at Tokyo’s nicofarre hall.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-04/new-sailor-moon-anime-to-stream-worldwide-this-winter
[size=20]New Sailor Moon Anime to Stream Worldwide This Winter[/size]
posted on 2013-08-04 05:08 EDT
Momoiro Clover Z to sing both opening & ending of new anime

The female idol group Momoiro Clover Z confirmed during the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary Event #2 on Sunday that the new Sailor Moon anime will stream worldwide simultaneously this winter. In addition, the idol group will sing both the opening and the ending theme songs for the new anime. The anime will stream on Niconico.

Momoiro Clover Z, publisher Kodansha, and Sailor Moon manga creator Naoko Takeuchi had announced the new anime adaptation of the manga last summer. Momoiro Clover Z had also announced at that time that they would perform at least one theme song for the new anime.

Fumio Osano, the Sailor Moon manga’s Kodansha editor who is known by his nickname “Osabu,” confirmed in April that the new Sailor Moon anime has been delayed from the previously announced release window of summer 2013. The solicitation sheet for new Sailor Moon super-deformed swinging keychains had teased, “New anime starts??” in the December 2013-January 2014 window.

Osano added during Sunday’s event that the staff cannot announce the voice cast yet. He also indicated that the new anime would not be a remake of the earlier Sailor Moon anime.

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-04/new-sailor-moon-anime-to-stream-worldwide-this-winter

Osano added during Sunday’s event that the staff cannot announce the voice cast yet. He also indicated that the new anime would not be a remake of the earlier Sailor Moon anime.[/quote]

Why the stall on the cast announcements? This indicates to me that the original cast won’t be back.

Here’s my thought:

They’ve clearly stated it’s not a remake and they also haven’t said it’s a continuation of the original. My guess is that it’ll be a totally new story/universe, justusing the same characters and situations from the previous series. The best example would be the original Eureka 7 tv and the Eureka 7 movie, or same with Escaflowne tv and movie: same name characters/world but new personalities, storie, outcome, etc…

Of course, that all comes down how one defines “remake” and what not…

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-17/new-sailor-moon-anime-to-be-subtitled-in-10-languages
[size=20]New Sailor Moon Anime to Be Subtitled in 10 Languages[/size]
posted on 2013-10-17 23:33 EDT

Kodansha USA’s general manager Dallas Middaugh reaffirmed at New York Comic Con last Friday that the new Sailor Moon anime will stream on Niconico around January, and added that it will be subtitled in 10 languages.

The female idol group Momoiro Clover Z confirmed during the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary Event in August that the new Sailor Moon anime will stream worldwide simultaneously this winter. The adaptation was announced last summer and slated to premiere this summer but was delayed.

In Japan, Kodansha will release the Sailor Moon: Complete Edition edition manga in A5-size (8.3 x 5.8 inches) format. The first two volumes will be released simultaneously on November 26. Sailor Moon manga creator Naoko Takeuchi is drawing new covers for the release. The first two were revealed in the October issue of Nakayoshi magazine last month.