Section23 Films Announces March 2010 Slate

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDATE RELEASE
[size=16]SECTION23 FILMS ANNOUNCES MARCH SLATE[/size]

Includes Three New Anime Series

HOUSTON, December 22, 2009 – Home video distributor Section23 Films today announced its March 2010 slate of new DVD releases. Section23 client Sentai Filmworks is coming out with four new home video releases, including complete sets of anime series Yozakura Quartet and Tayutama - Kiss on My Deity. Also coming from Sentai Filmworks in February is the first collection of You’re Under Arrest: Full Throttle. Switchblade Pictures, another Section23 client, has two “live-action” DVD releases straight from Japan, including Buyusenki Battle Chronicle and the Cat Girl / Super Dimension Odyssey Tritia.

Product details follow, in order of release
Coming March 2009

Title: YOZAKURA QUARTET COMPLETE COLLECTION
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 300 minutes
Street Date: 3/2/2010
Format: DVD
SRP: $39.98

SYNOPSIS: When Demons Walk the Streets, The Cops need to recruit More Demons! In a town where humans and demons co-exist, it takes more than a normal police force to maintain the peace. Enter the Hiizumi Life Counseling Office, a fantastic foursome of unique teenagers, each gifted with an amazing super power! Since it sometimes takes real demon-fire to fight demon fire, the first three quarters of the team aren’t exactly human: Ao, a cat-eared telepath; Kotoha, a half-human conjuror and Hime, descended from a dragon (and the town’s acting mayor,) all of whom also happen to be delightfully female. Rounding out the group is the token male and human, Akina, the office director and “Oyakume,” capable of banishing spirits permanently (and from their point of view quite fatally) via a process called tuning. They may not look as impressive as some other superhero teams, and they certainly don’t have the most dynamic name ever, but come hell hounds or high water, but they WILL defend their city in Yozakura Quartet, the Complete Collection!

Title: BUYUSENKI BATTLE CHRONICLE
Published by: Switchblade Pictures
Run Time: 112 minutes
Street Date: 3/9/2010
SRP: $19.98

SYNOPSIS: Mix motorcycles, drugs and yakuza under pressure and the result is bosozoku, the brutal motorized street gangs that terrorize Japan armed with swords and baseball bats. Kyosuke Jinnai was the leader of the “Buyusenki,” the largest group of its kind in the Kanto region, but sick of the violence, he had planned to give it all up to make a family with his pregnant girlfriend. Instead, all of that was stolen from him in a moment of savage betrayal, and the man who dreamed of a life of peace has instead been transformed into an angel of death! The streets of Japan will be paved with blood in Buyusenki Battle Chronicle!

Title: YOU’RE UNDER ARREST: FULL THROTTLE COLLECTION 1
Street Date: 3/9/2010

SYNOPSIS: Welcome to You’re Under Arrest: Full Throttle, the follow up to Fast & Furious! The ladies of Bokuto Police Station are back, but there have been some BIG changes! Miyuki’s been in the U.S., studying American police techniques while Natsumi’s actually been serving in the military! So have these world-changing experiences had any effect on how everyone’s favorite girls in blue carry out their duties protecting the Japanese public? Have they gained a more “mature” perspective? Well. let’s just say that, if anything, they may be even wilder and less cautious than before! (Except for that blossoming “relationship” between Miyuki and Nakajima, where things are getting decidedly delicate.) Whether rescuing young orphans from yakuza types to confronting rogue wrestlers and even giant snakes, the plots have and action has never been more extreme than in the outrageous first collection of You’re Under Arrest: Full Throttle!

Title: TAYUTAMA: KISS ON MY DEITY COMPLETE COLLECTION
Street Date: 3/16/2010

SYNOPSIS: Yuuri Mito is a typical, normal Japanese teenager. He goes to school, works on people’s motorcycles and performs exorcisms. Okay, that last part’s a little bit unusual, but his family lives in a shrine and they do that sort of thing. Still, you would think he’d know enough to be careful with an ancient relic he finds in the woods, especially when a mysterious goddess appears and tells him to leave it alone. Unfortunately, despite Mito’s best efforts, the seal gets broken anyway and a number of dangerous “tayuti” that it held in stasis get loose. This is bad. Mito also ends up with a beautiful goddess girl who decides that she’s going to marry him. This might not be so bad. if he wasn’t already caught up in the middle of a war between the entities he’s released. The flesh may be weak but the spirit’s more than willing to compensate in Tayutama - Kiss on My Deity The Complete Collection!

Title: CAT GIRL / SUPER DIMENSION ODYSSEY TRITIA DOUBLE FEATURE
Published by: Switchblade Pictures
Run Time: 147 minutes
Street Date: 3/23/2010
SRP: $19.98

SYNOPSIS: Which is more important to an exploitation movie: half naked girls or a logical plot? The eternal question is answered firmly in favor of the former in an all new and extra sexploitational Switchblade Double Feature! First, when a secret illegal fighting syndicate needs to recruit new wrestlers, the best and most logical way to do this is to kidnap unsuspecting women who visit an elite Beauty institute and dose them up with an experimental Cat DNA serum, right? Unfortunately for the bad guys, their latest feline enhanced femme fatale is actually an undercover reporter named Natasha, and they’re in for a real pussy whipping from their latest CAT GIRL! Next, the scantily clad Princess Tritia of Blue Land comes to Earth in search of the long lost Treasure Sword, a mission so urgent that she apparently didn’t have time to pack any pants. That’s okay though, because while Tritia may be one of the ditzy-est super-heroines of all time, her well exposed assets are more than sufficient to counter the sinister conspiracies spun by Prince Gananga of Red Land! There’s sleaze, cheese and loads of color coded chaos galore in Super Dimension Odyssey Tritia!

Title: NEO ANGELIQUE ABYSS SEASON 2 COLLECTION
Run Time: 325 minutes
Street Date: 3/30/2010

SYNOPSIS: In a land with no sun, the light of the soul must show the way. Six months have passed since the shocking climactic events of season one. As the monstrous Thanatos run rampant, and the world of Arcadia is enveloped in a shroud of smoke and darkness. The mysterious disappearance of the Orb Hunters has lead many to believe that their former protectors are responsible for the disaster. But the truth is even more shocking, for Angelique has actually been unconscious the entire time. Now, waking for the first time, she realizes that she must embrace her destiny, but to do so will mean placing her trust in those who could destroy her! The ancient prophecy must be fulfilled or Arcadia will perish in the complete collection of Neo Angelique Abyss ~ Second Age!

About Section23 Films
Section23 Films provides home video marketing and distribution services for a variety of companies, including Sentai Filmworks, Switchblade Pictures, and AEsir Holdings. With its special focus on genre entertainment, Section23 Films distributes some of the very best anime, martial arts, and horror titles on the market today.

Pretty interesting pick ups. I expected March to be a very light month for various reasons, but they’ve picked up a few titles for the month. You’re Under Arrest fans are popping the champagne corks over this. :wink:

YAY! More YUA! Figured they had it, but it’s great to get confirmation. Since I’m enjoying Season 1, and started collection Season 2, I’m sure Season 3 will be on my list. I will also be grabbing the rest of Neo Angelique.

I really don’t know much about the other two, but from the descriptions, they sound like they are right up my alley. Can’t wait to give them a try.

I think it’s really great that Sentai and Section 23 are actively finishing series, while others cough, cough Funi cough, cough like to drop most shows after Season 1 or 2. Big thanks for that guys! And big thanks for the awesome Christmas gift of new anime announcements!

Tayutama: Kiss On My Deity was a good series and look forward to that one.

What a nice Christmas Week surprise. If I could I would kiss someone in thanks. I’m glad that YUA Season 3 got picked up. That makes me happy but so does the fact that Yozakura Quartet did too. Tayutama looks interesting and may try.

I would imagine part of the appeal of picking up YUA seasons 2 and 3 is it’s old enough that the license costs shouldn’t be too bad.

[quote=rebecca12]
I would imagine part of the appeal of picking up YUA seasons 2 and 3 is it’s old enough that the license costs shouldn’t be too bad.[/quote]

YUA 2 was released in 2000, YUA FT was released just two and a half years ago. So it’s not really that old of a license. TBS is Sentai’s main investor so it was just a matter of time before They would acquire YUA FT.

(Crosses out YUA Season 3 off of his list of anime Section23 would likely license). Next up: Kanamemo.(Writes title on list.)

Let’s see, what will I get:

YUA: FT - Duh, of course. Pointless getting the first two (and liking them) and not finishing it.

YOZAKURA - From reading the synopsis: buy

TAYUTAMA - Yeah sure, why not. The wall can always use more harem.

NAA S2 - Umm,…:unsure:

BUYUSENKI BATTLE CHRONICLE - Maybe.

CAT GIRL / SUPER DIMENSION ODYSSEY TRITIA - [size=16]SOLD[/size]:woohoo:

Yozakura Quartet, huh. Maybe that means Kamisama Kazoku will get licensed.

[quote=Mystic]
Yozakura Quartet, huh. Maybe that means Kamisama Kazoku will get licensed.[/quote]

Hopefully! I haven’t seen it, but I like everything I’ve heard and read about it.

Cool, I have never seen Yozakura Quartet

Definitely going to get more YUA as I seem to like cop anime now.