Sentai @ Cons?

Sentai will have a panel at http://www.awa-con.com/index.php?page=Panels, September 28-30, 2012
Renaissance Waverly Hotel & Cobb Galleria Centre
Atlanta, GA

Nice, glad to see that they’re continuing their trend of doing panels at smaller cons. Sadly I won’t be at awa.

Sentai will also be at Animaine Tomorrow through September 3rd. Their panel is Saturday at 1PM.

http://www.animaine.com/

Well, the odds of me being able to attend another Sentai panel are increasing. Too bad they weren’t hitting cons with such frequency when I was going across the country doing cons. Oh well.

Now if the Powers that Be could start sending Matt Greenfield to cons, and publicizing it, I think that’d be a great next step :smiley:

Matt Greenfield doesn’t technically work for Sentai. He runs Switchblade/Maiden Japan and occasionally directs shows for Seraphim.

David Williams of Sentai will have a panel at:
http://www.awa-con.com/index.php?page=Panels this weekend
September 28-30, 2012
Renaissance Waverly Hotel & Cobb Galleria Centre
Atlanta, GA

Does anyone know if Sentai/Section 23/Maiden Japan/Switchblade has any plans to be at Izumicon in Oklahoma City this November?

No plans at this time.

[size=5]The Anime Network Panel at NYCC 2012[/size]

Presenters were VP of The Anime Network Stacy Dodson and online content manager Samantha Stevens.

Before the panel, raffle tickets and tarot cards from ‘Persona 4’ were handed out. The crowd was reminded that various dubbed Sentai Filmworks titles were being screened around the con. The panel led with an Anime Network teaser reel that highlighted ‘Persona 4’ (Sentai’s “featured title” for this con, complete with Chie and Rise cosplayers), ‘Majikoi’, ‘Horizon’, and ‘Heaven’s Memo Pad’. There was a cheer for ‘Kids on the Slope’.

The second video celebrated TAN’s 10th anniversary with flashes of footage from titles the channel was running in its early days (‘Godannar’, ‘Kenshin’), and transition footage the channel used to use, to the soothing tones of 'Detroit Metal City’s Satsugai.

From here the panel took a simple pattern of introducing an English-dubbed title and running a brief clip from it. No new announcements were made. ‘Persona 4’, which uses the cast from the videogame, of course led. Other titles included ‘Children Who Chase Lost Voices’, ‘Heaven’s Memo Pad’, ‘Horizon’, ‘This Boy Can Fight Aliens!’, and ‘Majikoi – Oh! Samurai Girls’.

It was mentioned that it was only because of the success of some of these titles in their subtitled streaming runs, like ‘Un-Go’, that Sentai saw fit to do English dubs. This was also referenced as being the criteria for Sentai releasing Blu-Rays of a title, as they are expensive to produce.

The panel was closed out with further reminders of what will be on the channel in coming months. TAN will be running ‘From the New World’, ‘BTOOOM!’, ‘Medaka Box Abnormal’, and ‘Girls und Panzer’ online. ‘Mayo Chiki!’ and ‘Idolm@ster Xenoglossia’ will also go up.

After we were encouraged to contact our cable companies, the panel ended and the raffle began.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention/2012/new-york-comic-con/4

[quote=“Slowhand” post=126872]

No plans at this time.[/quote]

Guess I’ll just go to the Wanamaker Gun Show (the world’s largest) at Tulsa’s Quik Trip Expo Center that weekend, then.

Let me guess.

Not going to Ohayocon either, are you?

Ohayocon has Tiffany Grant, that’s pretty cool, and almost sorta kinda like having Sentai. If only they had Matt Greenfield as well…

Brutal. Izumicon looked pretty cool last year, having Sentai and “old school” voice actress Christine Auten (!!) but now the guest list is very different. I don’t like it when cons insist on having completely new guest lists each year. On a tangent, there’s one con near me that prides itself on never inviting a guest more than once. This is highly annoying, almost as annoying as the “trend” I’m seeing this year of anime cons loading up on guests who have almost no relation to anime, but I’m getting way off subject here :frowning:

It looks like Sentai will have a panel at nekocon this year, reprising their surprise appearance from last year.

Wish that news had gotten out sooner. Luckily I’ll still be there but I don’t see why Sentai doesn’t spread the word about its appearances.

Ouch, it looks like nekocon is running their Sentai panel against other events, events to which I am compelled to go. That’s brutal.

Sentai will be there, but odds are high that i won’t be. Y’all will have to cover for me lol.

I really wish that Sentai would make it really obvious which cons they’re going to have a booth at.

If I knew, I could put in fewer RightStuf preorders for Sentai stuff and instead buy directly from Sentai. Seeing their table at NekoCon but realizing that I’d already long preordered everything that I’d wanted from them (that they had) was brutal.

I know that they didn’t actually show PenguinDrum (as was planned) due to a NekoCon AV failure, but I noticed that they were not selling it at their booth. I really wish that industry booths would get back into the habit of selling the stuff they’re debuting. I’m no marketing major, but it seems to me that being able to sell the shows to people right then and there would beat out just telling them to preorder it from RS and get it a few weeks (or months, for Funi w/Steins;Gate) down the road.

I also wish that Sentai would attend and do panels at more cons. But who doesn’t? :wink: