Sentai / Anime Network Newsletters, Blogs & More!

Anime NYC - Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel Recap

11/17/2018 9:14:43 PM

Anime NYC is the last large convention Sentai Filmworks will be at in 2018, so you can be certain that we didn’t pull ANY punches when it came to announcements!

Before we get into all the details though…We’d like to take a moment to thank all of our loyal fans for coming out to our industry panel. Thank you so much. We seriously couldn’t do any of this without you. You took the time out of your busy schedules. You took the PTO. You spent the money. All so you could attend this con. You’re all awesome!

Not everyone could make it, but that doesn’t mean those of you who couldn’t attend are any less awesome. We want to do you a solid, so we’ve prepared an abridged version of our industry panel for your enjoyment!

2 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: NEGIMA!? - PATLABOR THE MOBILE POLICE (Maiden Japan) - HELLO KITTY (Sentai Kids) - Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Take On Me

November 20, 2018

Negima!? Complete Collection

It’s not easy being a wizard before you’ve hit puberty, but Negi Springfield has far more on his narrow shoulders than many wizards twice (or even thrice) his age. When he’s not searching for his missing father, or teaching the 31 teenage girls who make up the highly unusual class 3A, he always seems to find himself being drafted to perform magical tasks that most sane adult wizards avoid. So, when the mysterious and dangerous artifact known as the Star Crystal disappears, it’s just a matter of time before Negi and his all-girl regiment of gifted students find themselves trapped in the middle of the mystery. Does fighting the supernatural satisfy the girl’s PE requirement? Find out when class roars back into session for a new spellbinding semester of NEGIMA!?
Rating: TV-MA (D,S)

Patlabor the Mobile Police Ultimate Collection

Giant Robots, sociopaths, madmen waving guns: these aren’t problems the Mobile Police have to deal with every day, these ARE the Mobile Police! But in a world where giant robots called Labors are frequently used for criminal purposes, the boys and girls in blue have to face things that are even bigger and scarier! So when police cadet Noa Izumi comes in to take a pilot aptitude test and instead initiates a high speed chase after a stolen Police Labor, it’s clear that she’s got exactly the right combination of guts, brains and just plain crazy that the Second Special Vehicles Division desperately needs. But fitting into the frequently insane lifestyle of SV2 won’t be easy. She’ll have rivals for the pilot’s seat of the mech that’s stolen her heart, and her patrol duties will include herding whales, exorcising hauntings and fighting rogue military units on top of the usual terrorists. On the other hand, she gets to carry the biggest handgun EVER. The wheels of justice keep turning (or, in this case, running on giant metal legs,) as SV2 hits the street in MOBILE POLICE PATLABOR!
Rating: TV-14 (V)

Hello Kitty & Friends – Let’s Learn Together Collection 1

Hello Kitty and her twin sister Mimmy love to explore and learn new things, and learning becomes even more fun when you have someone to share it with. So you can imagine how excited Kitty is when she learns that her family has new neighbors, the Berry family, who also have a set of twins, Amy and Eric! And they’re the same age as Kitty and Mimmy! Plus, Amy and Eric also have another brother named Harry, who is really smart! That’s three new friends to go out and have adventures with! Whether they’re learning to tell time, fold origami or just help around the house, there’s always something new to discover in HELLO KITTY & FRIENDS – LET’S LEARN TOGETHER!
Rating: TVG

Hello Kitty & Friends – Let’s Learn Together Collection 2

Hello Kitty loves learning new things, and now that Kitty and her twin sister Mimmy have three new friends, it seems like there’s never enough time for all the adventures they could have. But that doesn’t mean that they’re not going to try! From experimenting with shapes and learning to take care of flowers, to studying dance and the rules for visiting other people’s houses, it’s all very educational and exciting. If you want to have lots of fun and discover new and amazing things, come join Kitty, Mimmy and the three Berry children, Amy, Eric, and Harry, and share the friendship and wonder as they explore the world around them in HELLO KITTY & FRIENDS – LET’S LEARN TOGETHER!
Rating: TVG

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Take On Me

Yuta and Rikka may have finally started to come to terms with the various delusions that have run their lives, but as their relationship becomes progressively more real, their development as a couple seems to be increasingly in danger of stalling out! When your relationship is partially the result of a series of fantasies, what can reality serve up that’s equal to the make-believe? Rikka’s sister decides that she’s going to move to Italy and take Rikka with her, and the solution that Rikka and Yuta decide on is both improbably logical and unrealistically practical: They’re going to elope! For real! Get ready for the ultimate fantasy road trip as our two young would-be lovers take off a whirlwind tour of the real Japan in Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! -Take On Me-!
Rating: TV-14

NOTE: K-ON Premium Box Set is delayed until February 19, 2019

2 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: UQ HOLDER!

November 27, 2018

UQ Holder! Complete Collection

When you’re the grandson of a famous hero, you’d think that your life would be interesting, but Tota Konoe is stuck in the dullest place he can imagine! He can’t even leave his tiny village until he can defeat his teacher and foster parent Yukihime, and she seems to be impossibly powerful. Then everything changes when Yukihime is attacked and Tota learns that both she and Tota himself aren’t who or what Tota thought they were! Now Tota has a new, impossibly long life ahead of him and an amazing destiny that ties in with the fate of his grandfather, the legendary Negi Springfield! Get ready for vampires, demons and magic users galore as Tota discovers the perils of being a member of the world’s most exclusive organization as a UQ HOLDER!
Rating: TV-MA (D,V)

2 Likes

2 Likes

With a lot of their titles mysteriously appearing on CR all of a sudden, I’m expecting some Quid Pro Quo announcements from Sentai

1 Like

That’s right. Hasn’t there been around 15 or so Sentai Filmworks shows uploaded to Crunchyroll since November 2nd?

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: AKAME GA KILL!, DEN-NOH COIL (Maiden Japan) & CORPSE PRISON 2 (SWITCHBLADE PICTURES)

December 4, 2018

AKAME GA KILL! COMPLETE COLLECTION

When Tatsumi set off for the Capital, it was with fantasies of earning riches for his poverty-stricken hometown. Instead, his friends were murdered and Tatsumi finds himself at the center of a bloody revolution. With an evil Prime Minister, the Secret Police, and the armies of an Empire on one side, and the elite assassins known as Night Raid and a handful of rebels on the other, it might sound like an impossible battle for Tatsumi’s new allies to win. However the playing field is leveled with the addition of a legendary set of unstoppable weapons, the Imperial Arms. Unfortunately, to use an Imperial Arm is practically a death sentence in itself, for while the Arms are indestructible, few wielders can survive using them for long in AKAME GA KILL – THE COMPLETE COLLECTION!
Rating: TV-MA (L,V)

DEN-NOH COIL COMPLETE COLLECTION

When Yuko “Yasako” Okonogi wears her digitally-augmented glasses to view e-space, she sees an amazing series of images, information and programs laid on top of the “real” world around her. But when her family moves to Daikoku City, Yasako discovers that the e-space has a dark side as well. Her new classmates are involved in e-hacking, and the urban legends about dangerous entities hidden in the programming become much more believable when she learns that one of their friends might have died chasing one. Scariest of all, Yasako soon realizes that she has missing memories! Did something happen to her? And did it happen in our world or one that shouldn’t even exist? To find out, she’ll have to take a journey through the digital looking glass and learn the shocking secrets of the DEN-NOH COIL!

Corpse Prison Movie 2 Blu-Ray

They thought they were coming to study a mysterious town hidden in the mountains of Japan. Instead, they’ve discovered that their Professor brought them to Yasaka for a much darker purpose. Now Mikoto and the other girls are trapped in a monstrous nightmare. As the villagers become increasingly more insane, the college students find themselves at the center of arcane rituals focused on blood and rotting flesh. Their only chance is to escape, but their captors are far too numerous and know the lay of the local land far too well. The horror continues as the second feature film based on the Muroi Masane’s hit online horror manga “Shishugoku” builds to its bloodcurdling conclusion!
Rating: 17+

2 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: DIVE!! & PRINCESS TUTU

December 11, 2018

DIVE!! COMPLETE COLLECTION

Tomoki Sakai has loved the sport of diving since he was a child, and there’s no place he’d rather be than the high board at the Mizuki Diving Club. Unfortunately, the MDC’s having hard time staying afloat financially and there’s a sinking certainty that the club is about to drown in a sea of its own debt. Fiery female coach Kayoko Asaki has a bold plan to throw the club a lifeline, but it’s going to require achieving something that’s almomost impossible: get one of the club’s members on the National team for the next Olympics! Can this struggling group of young athletes pool their talents in time to resuscitate their club, or will they make the ultimate belly flop? It’s time to sink or swim as the whole team leaps for the gold in DIVE!!
Rating: TV-PG

Princess Tutu Complete Series Blu-Ray

Once there was a writer, a creator of tales, who was blessed with the ability to bring his stories to life. But when the writer dies before his story is finished, what becomes of the characters left behind? For the girl known as Duck, the world changed when an old man gave her a pendant that transformed the duck that she was into a young girl. Now she must gather the shards of a shattered Prince’s heart and finish the story of the Prince and the Raven. But that will require Duck to make a sacrifice of her own? Enter a world of dance and wonder as ballet, myth and romance come together in the anime hailed as a modern classic, PRINCESS TUTU.

1 Like

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: TAKUNOMI & XABUNGLE (Maiden Japan)

December 18, 2018

TAKUNOMI COMPLETE COLLECTION

When Michiru Amatsuki moves to Tokyo from Okayama, she knows that it will take a while to acclimate to the hustle and bustle of the big city. Fortunately, though, she always has a place to go when things get a little too hectic. That’s because Michiru was lucky enough to move into Stella House Haruno, a women’s-only shared apartment where the companionship and conversation are always flowing and the tradition of having a little drink after work has evolved into an ongoing study of alcoholic beverages in all their many varied flavors and fermentations. Whether the subject is cocktails, nightcaps, or just a little wine session, every day is a new libation as Michiru, Nao, Makoto and Kae pull up the comfy chairs of the best place to lounge in town in TAKUNOMI!
Rating: TV-14 (D)

Xabungle Complete Collection SD

On the planet Zola, the statute of limitations for any crime is just three days, so when Jiron Amos’ family is murdered and he fails to catch their killer before he receives full immunity, Jiron snaps and continues to pursue his quest for revenge; even though that now makes HIM the lawbreaker! With the help of desert drifter Rag and her gang of Sand Rats, Jiron soon finds the opportunity to steal the perfect weapon for his quest: a giant robot called the Xabungle. Taking the Xabungle, however, entangles our heroes with culture-obsessed rich girl Elchi Cargo, the highly dysfunctional crew of the giant land ship Iron Gear, a bevy of chorus girls, gun-toting toddlers, a Man with No Name named Timp, and an insanely escalating series of increasingly strange plot twists in the weirdest, wildest and most hilarious parody of outer space westerns ever animated: BLUE GALE XABUNGLE!
Rating: TV-MA (S)

1 Like

Sentai Filmworks Proudly Presents: The Twelve Days of Anime Blog

12/20/2018 1:52:46 PM

This is the time of the year when we all come together in celebration as we reflect upon the goodwill of all humanity and hope for a better tomorrow. It’s a time when we take a moment to remember that not everything’s about us and that, together, we are all a part of something far greater than ourselves.

But mostly it’s about the presents.

Hey, don’t look at us like that; we were just following this joke to its inevitable and ironic conclusion. It’s like, a rule or something to subvert expectations at the last moment.

In all seriousness, Sentai Filmworks wishes all of you Happy Holidays, a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy St. Lucy’s Day, Happy St. Nicholas Day, Happy Boxing Day, Happy Omisoka, Yuletide Greetings, etc…

We wanted to give you a special treat this year, so we all gathered around the office and wrote you this anime-themed Holiday song. We hope you enjoy it! Consider this our gift from us to you.

Take it away, Beethoven!

The Twelve Days of Anime

On the first day of anime, my Sentai gave to me:
An otaku eating candy

On the second day of anime, my Sentai gave to me:
Two girls on tour
And an otaku eating candy

On the third day of anime, my Sentai gave to me:
Three live gems
Two girls on tour

On the fourth day of anime, my Sentai gave to me:
Four ClassicaLoids
Three live gems
Two girls on tour

On the fifth day of anime, my Sentai gave to me:
FIVE PRINCIPAL SPIES
Four ClassicaLoids
Three live gems
Two girls on tour

On the sixth day of anime, my Sentai gave to me
Six mons a-glomping
FIVE PRINCIPAL SPIES
Four ClassicaLoids
Three live gems
Two girls on tour

On the seventh day of anime, my Sentai gave to me
Seven stars a-singing
Six mons a-glomping
FIVE PRINCIPAL SPIES
Four ClassicaLoids
Three live gems
Two girls on tour

On the eighth day of anime, my Sentai gave to me
Eight chefs a-cookin
Seven stars a-singing
Six mons a-gomping
FIVE PRINCIPAL SPIES
Four ClassicaLoids
Three live gems
Two girls on tour

On the ninth day of anime, my Sentai gave to me
Nine ladies acting
Eight chefs a-cooking
Seven stars a-singing
Six mons a-glomping
FIVE PRINCIPAL SPIES
Four ClassicaLoids
Three live gems
Two girls on tour

On the tenth day of anime, my Sentai gave to me:
Ten runners running
Nine ladies acting
Eight chefs a-cooking
Seven stars a-singing
Six mons a-glomping
FIVE PRINCIPAL SPIES
Four ClassicaLoids
Three live gems
Two girls on tour

On the eleventh day of anime, my Sentai gave to me:
Eleven workers working
Ten runners running
Nine ladies acting
Eight chefs a-cooking
Seven stars a-singing
Six mons a-glomping
FIVE PRINCIPAL SPIES
Four ClassicaLoids
Three live gems
Two girls on tour

On the twelfth day of anime, my Sentai gave to me:
Twelve hours binging
Eleven workers working
Ten runners running
Nine ladies acting
Eight chefs a-cooking
Seven stars a-singing
Six mons a-glomping
FIVE PRINCIPAL SPIES
Four ClassicaLoids
Three live gems
Two girls on tour

Liked the song? Feel free to share it with your friends on social with the social media buttons below. Also, give us a stocking stuffer this year by signing up for our newsletter!

2 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: HUMAN CROSSING (Maiden Japan)

January 8, 2019

Human Crossing Complete Collection SD

There are over 120 million people living in modern Japan, and over 38 million live in the greater Tokyo area alone. Some live in incredible luxury, while others to struggle to survive. But from the high to the low, all are connected through the complex web that binds us all, the bonds of family and relationships. Yet there are times when the isolating nature of urban life tears and tatters that fragile safety net to the breaking point. At times like this, each person can only do the best they can. To meet the challenge or fail. To rise or to fall. Eventually, all of us must make that transition from one part of life to another. From the award-winning manga by Masao Yajima and Kenshi Hirokane, these are the interweaving stories of the Human Crossing.
Rating: TV-MA (S,V)

3 Likes

A fun little article about the anime dubbing industry in Texas. Includes idols commentary from John Swasey and Colleen Clinkenbeard, and discusses the history of ADV and Sentai.

2 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: ROCKET GIRLS

January 15, 2019

Rocket Girls Complete Collection SD

When Yukari Morita decided to look for her missing father who disappeared in the South Seas, she had no idea how far her journey would take her. Just traveling to the Solomon Islands is a long way for a high school girl to go on her own, but then Yukari runs into an astronaut from the Solomon Space Association, which has been trying to build a rocket powerful enough launch a man into space. Upon meeting the petite Yukari, however, SSA director Nasuda realizes that she’s small enough to go up in a less powerful rocket the SSA has already built! So he offers her a deal: if Yukari agrees to become their astronaut, the SSA will help find her missing father! Will Yukari have the right stuff to blast off in the wildest space quest ever? Find out in ROCKET GIRLS!

2 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: LAND OF THE LUSTROUS & HATARAKI MAN (Maiden Japan)

January 22, 2019

LAND OF THE LUSTROUS COMPLETE COLLECTION [STEELBOOK EDITION]

No matter what the odds, life will find a way to continue, with young Phos and the other gems as the ultimate proof. Instead of flesh, their bodies are made of living crystal, allowing them to survive in a world too toxic for any human. But their gem bodies also attract a terrible danger: the Lunarians, who hunt the gems and use their shattered forms to fabricate jewelry and ornaments. The gems with the strongest forms defend the others, but Phos is too weak and brittle to fight. Instead, Phos is ordered to compile an encyclopedia; but could that research discover hidden secrets that could help the gems? Join Phos, the toxic Cinnabar, the powerful Bort, the valiant Diamond, and others in a glittering world unlike anything you have seen before: the LAND OF THE LUSTROUS!
Rating: TV-14 (V)

HATARAKI MAN COMPLETE COLLECTION SD

It’s hard to get ahead in the publishing industry and it’s even harder when you’re a woman in Japan, where only one manager in ten is female. Despite that, Hiroko Matsukata’s determined to reach the top, and at only 28, she’s worked her way up to an editor’s position at Jidai weekly. But to get that far, Hiroko has had to dedicate her life to work, work, and more work while suppressing her more feminine character traits in order to blend in with her uncouth male coworkers. Just because the other Jidai employees have nicknamed her “Hataraki Man” (Working Man) doesn’t mean that she wouldn’t like the chance to be a bit more girly and have some romance occasionally. Unfortunately for Hiroko, her sometimes boyfriend is an even bigger workaholic than she is in HATARAKI MAN!

2 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: GIRLS’ LAST TOUR

January 29, 2019

Girls’ Last Tour Premium Box Set

Complete Collection BD

The world we knew is gone. The massive cities, once filled with people, lie silent, empty and decaying. There are no more forests filled with animals; no more birds in the sky. But life hasn’t disappeared completely; not just yet. Amidst the rubble two small figures, young girls, travel together, scavenging what they need to survive as they explore the remnants of a world that they are too young to remember. It’s a strange journey, but one that’s filled with wonder as each new day brings another discovery, another echo of the devastated past or moment of unexpected beauty. And as long as Chito and Yuuri have each other, they have a reason to keep pressing forward. As long as there’s still life, there’s still hope for a future in GIRLS’ LAST TOUR.

3 Likes

TUESDAY NEW RELEASES: SPACE RUNAWAY IDEON (Maiden Japan)

February 5, 2019

Space Runaway Ideon Complete Collection

When Earth archaeologists on the planet Solo dig up a set of strange vehicles, they have no idea that they’ve unearthed something that will change the course of mankind. Even more shocking is the discovery that a SECOND human race called the Buff Clan is also seeking the mechs! A deadly competition ensues as the two races battle to secure the secrets of what the Buff Clan calls the “Ide”. While the fight initially favors the Buff Clan, everything changes when young Cosmo Yuki and his friends accidentally power up the ancient machines that form the most powerful robot the universe has ever seen! But even with the Ideon defending them, the return to Earth won’t be easy, and there’s a long hard journey filled with combat and sacrifice ahead in the HD Release of SPACE RUNAWAY IDEON!
Rating: TV-MA (S,V)

2 Likes

Winter with Sentai Filmworks

2/7/2019 4:56:35 PM

There are a few constants in life. Usually, that would be death and taxes, but we at Sentai Filmworks would be so humble as to request that anime seasons be added to that exclusive list. A new season comes around every three months, after all. That’s four times per year. While we were preparing for the new winter simulcast season, we took a look at a few of our previous winter titles from before. Bundle yourselves up and join us as we reminisce for a bit.

2 Likes

Hello, you’re about to get lucky!
introducing… SENTAI Lucky Cat
Check MEOWt on Social (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/YouTube) #LuckyMeow
meow

2 Likes

an he can be voiced by Jovan Jackson.

4 Likes

Fantastic Winter 2019 Titles and Where to Find Them

2/11/2019 1:00:43 PM

We hope all of you are bundled up because it’s the middle of the winter here at Sentai Filmworks. And that means the winter 2019 simulcast season is in full swing!

In addition to two continuing titles from last season, we’ve got TWELVE new titles for your viewing pleasure! Clear your schedules, memorize the following list, and head on over to HIDIVE for all of your anime streaming needs!

3 Likes