Sons of Anarchy / Mayans M.C

Sons of Anarchy

Genres: Crime, Drama, Thriller
Rating: TV-MA-LSV
Running Time: 39–90 minutes per episode
Number of Seasons: 7
Number of Episodes: 92
Vintage: September 3, 2008 – December 9, 2014
Plot Summary: The lives of a close-knit outlaw motorcycle club operating in Charming, a fictional town in the Central Valley of Northern California. The show centers on protagonist Jackson “Jax” Teller (Charlie Hunnam), the then-Vice President of the club who begins questioning the club and himself.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Mayans M.C.

Genres: Crime, Drama, Thriller
Rating: TV-MA
Running Time: 68 minutes
Number of Seasons: 1 [RENEWED FOR SEASON 2]
Number of Episodes: 10
Vintage: September 4, 2018 – present
Plot Summary: Mayans M.C. takes place two-and-a-half years after the events of Sons of Anarchy and focuses on the struggles of Ezekiel “EZ” Reyes, a prospect in the Mayan M.C. charter on the California/Mexico border. EZ is the gifted son of a proud Mexican family, whose American dream was snuffed out by cartel violence. Now, his need for vengeance drives him toward a life he never intended and can never escape.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

I thought it was interesting that the creators called it “Hamlet on motorcycles”. I’ve only seen the first 2 seasons. Most of my time watching FX has gone to archer.

I have never watched Archer . i think that Sons ( SAMCRO ) is about the only thing i do watch on this channel .

Archer is pretty irreverent and raunchy, but it is one of the best animated shows on TV right now, which is interesting. Archer is rather hit or miss, but when it hits, it is hilarious. It also features veteran Bang/Zoom actor Kari Wahlgren (FLCL, Last Exile, a bazillion other shows) in a hilarious role in the Season 2 premiere.

Archer is at least as raunchy as Sons of Anarchy, just to give some perspective.

For a gang of hardened bikers, the SAMCRO crew is pretty emotional, which is something that I thought was odd. Makes sense when it is supposed to be heavily inspired by Hamlet…a hamlet where the team’s resident nutjob tries to persuade the team to let him, ah, “interact” with a corpse when they have to infiltrate a morgue.

Ron Perlman and Kate “Peggy Bundy” Segal are solid though.

I should watch the rest of this when it rolls into Netflix.

it is up for streaming views

well for those who might be interested season 5 just started teusday and it’s proveing to be a real vengful and hate filled season. just what i was hopeing for.

I haven’t checked this out yet. I saw Season 3 and thought that it was the best one. I think I’ll wait a bit before getting into Season 5 as I didn’t quite like Season 4 (the plot twist was so cheesy and unbelievable, unlike in Season 3) and I want to get a feel of where Season 5 is going before I jump in.

yea season 4 wasn’t the greatest. in fact the way it was playing out i thought it was going to be the end. but it’s back and it’s shapeing up to be less about internal club conflict and more of dealing with outside problems.

Cool. I think that the infighting in the club was probably the worst part of season 4, because it wasn’t balanced out by an interesting “club vs the world” conflict. Part of that might be because I didn’t find the crazy task force leader who rode the Victory motorcycle and looked like he stepped out of a 1970s movie to be that interesting.

Plus the recurring bit about Juice and how he had to screw the club over because the cops threatened to “out” him as being part black was annoying. Glad to hear that it is gone.

there still the bit about keeping the real truth of why he killed pinney from opy. hmmmm how do you spell his name anyway. that and clay and gemma not getting along but there’s other stuff going on as well.

edit__ 9/26/2012

well after watching this weeks soa it no longer matters how you spell opy’s/oapy’s name.

don’t read it if your still planing on watching this season.

oaps dead! for real. god damnit i liked him too.

Season 5 began September 11, 2012, and will have 13 episodes.

yea and it’s starting to get good.
to bad about oapy though. realy made me mad.

he went through to much crap just to end up dead.

‘Sons of Anarchy’ Spinoff Script in Development at FX

Wednesday, May 11th, 2016 at 10:58am PST

Sons of Anarchy Spin-Off Mayans MC Coming from FX

December 1, 2016

not really surprising. After Bastard Executioner not making the cut (and on my shelf, thank you Amazon MOD), they went back what did work.

That’s fine.
:motorcycle: :police_car: :police_car: :rotating_light:

Edward James Olmos Joins ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Spinoff ‘Mayans MC’

February 14, 2017 10:31 am

Ask Matt: Series Forecasts (Mayans MC)

April 21, 2017 8:17 am

Mayans MC Pilot Undergoing Extensive Reshoots

JULY 6, 2017

The Future of ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Spinoff ‘Mayans’ Looks Good Despite Setbacks

August 09, 2017 3:57 pm

FX Orders ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Spinoff ‘Mayans MC’

January 05, 2018 1:20 pm