Star Wars TV & Film

I’ve heard that there’s a fanmade “troll edit” of the film online that addresses this by having her not use the force during that sequence.

Maybe they should’ve gone that route in the actual movie, as it’d probably be a more dramatic explanation than any other for her absence in SW9.

Is the Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer Arriving This Week?

January 22, 2018

The Last Jedi Novelization Includes Deleted Scenes, Han Solo’s Funeral

January 24, 2018

The Last Jedi: Johnson Explains Why Holdo’s Maneuver Isn’t a Plot Hole

January 24, 2018

The Last Jedi Releases Deleted Footage of Luke’s Third Lesson

January 25, 2018

Rian Johnson Reveals His Early, Wild Ideas for Rey’s Parentage

January 25, 2018

Whenever Rian Johnson tries to explain fan found faults with his film, it reminds me of the “A Wizard Did It” scene from The Simpsons.

Holdo still looks like she belongs in the Hunger Games series to me. Why not make her an alien outright?

1 Like

Last Jedi’s Subpar China Box Office Performance Spurs Solo Retitling

January 27, 2018

I always thought that if you were a director and you felt you had to explain a film you had made then you had done something wrong.

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Is Lucasfilm Hiring For a New Star Wars Animated Series?

January 28, 2018

Carrie Fisher Wins a Posthumous Grammy Award

January 29, 2018

More Star Wars Legends Characters Will Become Canon

January 29, 2018

1 Like

Star Wars: Andy Serkis Weighs in on Possibility of Snoke’s Return

January 31, 2018

Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer Might Debut During the Super Bowl

January 31, 2018

Solo: A Star Wars Story Trailer Debut Date Confirmed

February 1, 2018

Rian Johnson Explains Why Last Jedi Didn’t Include Han Solo’s Funeral

February 1, 2018

A common criticism I keep seeing of the film is that it had tons of stuff that pacing-wise didn’t have a place either (eg: Canto Bight sidequest).

Wasn’t it reported as having been removed from theaters in China?

…At my largest local theater, TLJ has as many showings as Proud Mary and other much lower key films; weirdly, there are 4x more showings of Winchester vs TLJ.

1 Like

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Actor Defends Film’s Divisive Humor

February 3, 2018

IMO a big part of the problem with the humor is that it made the villains look wimpier. Hux as a character has yet to be imposing and villainous, like Vader/Palpatine/Tarkin were, and opening the film by making him be the butt of a “Yo Momma” joke didn’t help that.

As I recall, this sort of humor didn’t go over too well in Rogue One, so why double down on it in a subsequent film?

Hux is not supposed to be imposing… he’s a weasel who worked his way up through the ranks.

Which is something that sticks in my craw about the current films: who is the “big bad”? Roger Ebert opined that a film is only as good as its villain.

The dark side and its influence on those around it.

Solo: Yes, A Super Bowl Spot Will Air Today

February 4, 2018

A Legend is Born in the Solo Super Bowl Spot

FEBRUARY 4, 2018
The prequel story is coming to theaters on May 25, 2018

Call me old fashioned, but I’d like to actually have a person(s) be the villain. Right now, the Dark Side isn’t looking too strong on its own, as it doesn’t really have anyone left on it after TLJ…?

I dunno about Solo. Donald Glover and Alden Ehrenreich don’t look like the characters that they’re supposed to play…maybe they should’ve been CGI’d, like Young Arnold in Terminator Genisys (getting flashbacks due to Emilia Clarke casting lol)?

…“old hand” Paul Bettany is pretty good IMO,so here’s hoping that he’ll be like Jack Lord (H50) or Patrick Stewart and his experience and professionalism will inspire all the other actors to greatness?

Kylo Ren? Maybe the Knights of Ren as well? I mean normally there’s only two Sith even though technically Snoke and Kylo aren’t Sith. Plus the entire New Order is a direct result of the dark side’s influence.