Star Wars TV & Film

In TLJ, the Knights of Ren were absent though and Ren seems like he’s straddling the fence between light and dark nowadays.

Are there normally only 2 Sith at a time? The prequels did seem to adhere to that rule…and it is kinda weird that a grand total of, what, 4 Sith (Darths Maul, Tyranus, Vader, & Sidious) mastermined the extinction of the ~10,000 strong Jedi Order?

Edit: D’Oh! Forgot the most important Sith, Darth Jar Jar. How could I forget, like Lucas said, “Jar Jar is the Key to All of This” :wink:

Solo: A Star Wars Story Goes to Lightspeed With Full Teaser Trailer

February 5, 2018

Star Wars: Natalie Portman ‘Reprises’ Padme Role in SNL Musical Sketch

February 5, 2018

Solo: A Star Wars Story Posters Put Together the Crew

February 5, 2018

Solo: A Star Wars Story Teaser May Reveal First Look At Kessel Run

February 5, 2018

Solo: Pablo Hidalgo Teases Film’s Place in the Timeline

February 5, 2018

No, I don’t think straddling is a word I would use for Kylo Ren… not even close by a long shot. That kid is batshit crazy and irredeemable.

1 Like

After he couldn’t take the kill shot, and after what he did in Snoke’s throne room, I’m thinking that Kylo Ren lost a lot of Dark Side cred.

…the throne room scene is another problem with the villains. How is the strongest fighter on the Dark Side supposed to be intimidating when we saw him get shown up badly in that same fight by the strongest fighter on the Light Side? She even saved him from getting choked out as I recall.

Good lord now I know why Rian Johnson is having to explain things. You couldn’t be more off with your assessment. Kylo Ren is well on his way to becoming a Sith.

Spoilers

so he stabbed his own father in the chest with a lightsaber but had a moment of doubt before he was about to kill his mother and somehow he’s lost his Dark Side credibility? Darth Vader had several opportunities to kill his own son and he didn’t. And the throne room: He pulled a typical Sith and killed his own master. Does that ring a bell? -cough- Darth Sidious killed Darth Plagueis -cough- (referenced in episode 3) -cough- the dark side corrupts people to do things out of greed, hatred, jealousy, & lust for power. Both Darth Sidious and Kylo Ren have exhibited these tendencies. His Dark Side credibility is right on track.

As I recall, In A New Hope, Vader didn’t hesitate to try and take out Luke in the ending battle. The only reason he failed was because Han & Chewie had that change of heart and came to Luke’s rescue. In the later movies, Vader was supposed to recruit Luke and so he didn’t really try to off him again.

For all that Ren does do that seems Dark Side, the movies show him as still having a fair bit of conscience & self-doubt, things that contradict the blind ambition that embodies true practitioners of the Dark Side.

From a dramatic standpoint, I’m still not sure how the franchise can have us think of Kylo Ren as being really powerful as he was getting beaten badly by Snoke’s guards and had to get saved from them by Rey. Rey had no problem in beating the guards, kinda making the case that she’s way more powerful than Ren?

BTW, I thought the tale of Plagueis from the prequels was a case of an “unreliable narrator” as Palpatine was telling Anakin what he wanted to hear in order to manipulate him (dark side can bring back the dead), and the films never directly confirmed that tale otherwise?

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree because I see something totally different than you’re seeing and I think that seems to be the case for what has a lot of people divided. My own personal opinion is that people are getting the wrong impressions but that’s from my own interpretation of what I’m getting out of the story.

Game of Thrones Creators Working on New Series of Star Wars Films

February 6, 2018

Multiple Star Wars TV Shows Headed to Disney Streaming Service

February 6, 2018

Star Wars: Rian Johnson Would Love to See An Obi-Wan Movie, Not Direct It

February 7, 2018

New Solo: A Star Wars Story Details, Character Names Revealed

February 7, 2018

RUMOR: Star Wars’ Roster of Directors, Writers is About to Become Much More Diverse

February 7, 2018

Solo Filmmakers Share Harrison Ford’s Advice About Han

February 7, 2018

Seems odd to me. I mean, I’m no movie mogul, but shouldn’t Hollywood want to hire directors based on the content of their CVs, not the color of their skin?

I wonder, Has Disney considered that Original Trilogy characters could be revered in no small part because we don’t know their origin stories? Boba Fett is famously cool despite having done nothing.

…which reminds me, don’t the Prequels already count as a Boba Fett & Obi Wan origin story? I wouldn’t mind more Liam Neeson in Star Wars, but how much would we see; how long had Obi Wan been Qui-Gon’s padawan before the events of Episode One?

1 Like

All very good questions, but right now there’s a squirrel that needs chasing. :chipmunk:

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

Star Wars: Mark Hamill Weighs in On Solo Trailer, Fan Reactions

February 8, 2018

Star Wars: Get Your Green Milk Fix with This Thala-Siren Mashup Statue

February 8, 2018

Does casting Paul Bettany as Dryden Vos nix the fan theory/hope that Dryden Vos is actually Quinlan Vos?

Star Wars: Solo’s L3-37 Built Herself from the Scraps of Other Droids

February 9, 2018

George Lucas Helped to Direct a Scene in Solo: A Star Wars Story

February 9, 2018

So Solo’s droid is L337?

“Shut me down. Machines building machines. How perverse”
^C3P0

Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy Opens Up About Firing Lord & Miller

February 10, 2018

Leads me to wonder why they were hired in the first place if they didn’t have the background for this.

I’m also a bit confused about all the references to how funny the canned directors are. Is Solo supposed to be a comedy?

I don’t think it was supposed to be a comedy, Star Wars has always had a few chuckles in it but those guys were really comedic directors and literally were fish-out-of-water on the Solo movie.

Now if people laugh at the film when it was being serious … well that’s another problem altogether. :roll_eyes:

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

Solo: A Star Wars Story Poster Evokes Classic Westerns

February 11, 2018