Stargate Universe

Stargate Universe

Genres: Drama, Sci-Fi
Rating: TV-PG-V
Running Time: 43 minutes per episode
Number of Seasons: 2
Number of Episodes: 40
Vintage: October 2, 2009 – May 9, 2011
Plot Summary: Trapped on an Ancient spaceship billions of light-years from home, a group of soldiers and civilians struggle to survive and find their way back to Earth.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Stargate (film) Vintage: October 28, 1994
Stargate SG-1 Vintage: July 27, 1997 – March 13, 2007
Stargate Infinity Vintage: September 14, 2002 – March 24, 2003
Stargate Atlantis Vintage: July 16, 2004 – January 9, 2009
Stargate: The Ark of Truth Vintage: March 11, 2008
Stargate: Continuum Vintage: July 29, 2008

Premiered tonight!!! OMG!!! DISCUSS.

I shay, awesomeness

I just watched it myself. So far, so good. I’ll be watching this every Friday night. Sanctuary next week.
Slick

It was indeed!! Very happy with series opening.

Rush looks like he is going to be quite a handful!

End of show previews look great too - can’t wait till next week.

[size=5]F**K!!![/size] I wanna see it, I had to work, and I arrived home at 11:15 and missed too much, now I have to wait for my parents tomorrow and hope to god my sister remembered to set the DVR.

I am excited to see it. dear god I am excited

BTW this transistion to the new style is nice, but it is still blue on black, painful to they eyes

SyFy will repeat it at different times over the next few days, so you will have plenty of chances to catch it.
:slight_smile:

I had to work tonight, so I didn’t get to catch it myself. But I"m setting my DVR now. :ohmy:

Haissan wrote:

[quote][size=5]F**K!!![/size] I wanna see it, I had to work, and I arrived home at 11:15 and missed too much, now I have to wait for my parents tomorrow and hope to god my sister remembered to set the DVR.

I am excited to see it. dear god I am excited

BTW this transistion to the new style is nice, but it is still blue on black, painful to they eyes[/quote]

I thought I was watching BSG… It looked as bad as that did with the poor lighting and camera angles.

Those with TWC as their cable provider, should find Syfy airing SU on the same channel you find TAN on Cutting Edge on Demand. They have been airing Ghost Hunters, Warehouse 13, and Eureka as they air, and claim will be airing SU on demand as well, if for some reason you miss it over this weekend, or aren’t able to catch it next Friday as well.

My family has At&t universe and we don’t have a box at my roommate’s house

Haissan wrote:

:side: Well I tried to help.

Thanks tho…

Its not on till Wednesday over here, which is ok I’m not all that concerned about seeing it.

THANK god my sister put it o the DVR

yeah it was absolutely like watching a car crash between Stargate and BSG. Or more appropriately, like that old Reese’s commercial (hey, you got your battlestar in my stargate!)

I liked it. I’m skeptical however. It looks better than Atlantis ever did. I’ll be watching, but this writer can already that hack and stilts waiting in the wings on this one.

I wonder what is being used to power the ship it is moving at FTL that requires massive amounts of power, even with a ZPM which I doubt the technology had been developed yet, I am not sure it’s possible. I can’t wait for the reveal on that.

Haissan wrote:

Er what? Pretty sure this is set after SG1 and possibly before the end of Atlantis, so yes they have ZPMs…

Also, I forgive Syfy for cutting Atlantis short. This BSG/Stargate mix looks promising.

ZakuAce wrote:

[quote]
Er what? Pretty sure this is set after SG1 and possibly before the end of Atlantis, so yes they have ZPMs…

Also, I forgive Syfy for cutting Atlantis short. This BSG/Stargate mix looks promising.[/quote]

What I mean is, the ancients built this ship a long time ago, apparently before they built Atlantis. You can tell by the amount of visible piping and the fact the ship is more spartan. I mean just take a look at it for a minute, the shielding is not as efficient as normal ancient shielding is in Atlantis. The power requirements for such a ship of that size to travel safely at FTL…it’s astronomical, the integrity stabilization fields coupled with inertial dampening,.

when they exit out of FTL, damn can you imagine the time dilation effect they have Endured? If they managed to turn the ship around and travel back to earth, logically in Real Space (Space unaffected by the time dilation (Urashima Effect)) would pass at about 100,000 years. However, if the ancient aurora class ship from SG:A that was moving at .99999 the speed of light had only experienced say 30 days of flight when in reality, it was well over 10,000 years extrapolate that they are going faster than light and the time dilation effects thereof. Decades could already have passed on Earth by the time they dropped out of FTL at the end of part 2 and dialed their gate. These people are so totally screwed. Well, I look forward to finding out what kinds of mess they can get themselves into then.

Even still, for that ship to have been running as long as it has at that speed it would have to have 100s of ZPMs on board, maybe even thousands just because it was running for so damn long just fine. Who knows tho, the ship might have other means to gather power, it could even be powered by a singularity. its not beyond the ancients ability to do so, even then it should not run out of power. Maybe the ship can use dark matter as a power source.

I’m sure we’ll find out eventually.

Besides some BSG elements, I also think they are going a little Star Trek on this one. Looks like they will be visiting different planets as they travel.

Can’t wait to see how it plays out.

I think haissan needs to stop analyzing things and roll with it

Hopefully it can capture the same audience as the other two series to keep alive.:laugh:

animegino wrote:

Just watched it on demand, and has a very BSG feel to it.

The two SGC militants scrogging on the off-planet base to begin with.

Rush resembling the guy with the blonde cylon chick in his head.

Video game boy wins an online contest (boy hasn’t that one been used enough?)

The only thing decent about it is the UAVs Eli found, and the fact it gives some idea on where the gates came/come from; and that has replicator written all over it.

It looks exactly like BSG for many of the characters traits, and the feel of it as well. They definitely got the melodrama in it that women must want from the SyFy channel where they are all so afraid of SciFi that required all the changes, just like all the love triangles popping up into every other show from Eureka to Warehouse 13.

SU has a real Harper’s magazine, with some Good Housekeeping, and a tiny bit of Popular Mechanics thrown into it.

I didn’t like BSG and I won’t like Stargate (BSG) Universe either, with the same plot of trying to find their home, but the Lost in Space twist.

Now if they had got Heather Graham to play in it, it might have stood a better chance with me, but they have gone too far away from what Stargate was with David Spader and Kurt Russel.

Just wanted to watch it to be able to say whether I liked it or not, and have now fully done so, and that is my thoughts on it. :X