Starship Troopers: Invasion (movie)

[size=16]Starship Troopers: Invasion[/size]

[quote]Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: After a successful mission a squad of Troopers is recruited by General Johnny Rico to find the missing ship JOHN A. WARDEN, who was commandeered by Dr. Carl Jenkins for a classified Mission. Accompanied by her captain Carmen Ibanez. The Troopers find that the mission was much more dangerous than anyone thought. And The threat of the bugs is about to hit home.
Running time: 88 minutes
Vintage: 2012-07-21[/quote]
ANN Info Page

[size=15]Starship Troopers: Invasion Movie Official Website[/size]

Starship Troopers (OAV) Vintage: 1988-10-25

There is a possibility that Seraphim was involved in the production of the English Dub. Several veteran ADV actors had done facial capture for it, and a few like Emily Neves Love had admitted to having roles in it.

http://videoeta.com/movie/138716 also lists the following as cast members:

Luci Christian (voice)
David Matranga (voice)
Justin Doran (voice)

I’m not going to jump to conclusions until something official comes out, but many believe that is Matranga’s voice in the trailer.

Also, I apologize if there is already a thread for this, but I have been unable to access and use the search function for a while now.

You know, that does sound like Matranga, especially since I just finished watching Towanoquon ep. 1-3.

I’m not so sure myself. It does seem possible, but it’s been a while since I’ve heard him a more “serious” role. It actually reminds me a bit of Steven Blum…lol However, considering Emily Neves has already admitted to being in it, Matranga is probably more likely.

More plot information and images at http://starshiptroopers.tumblr.com/

[quote=“dragonrider_cody”]
I’m not going to jump to conclusions until something official comes out, but many believe that is Matranga’s voice in the trailer.[/quote]

I’m not sure what conclusions you could jump to, save for Seraphim Digital being tapped for the dub like they were for Halo Legends.

But yeah, that’s most definitely Matranga.

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]

[quote=“dragonrider_cody”]
I’m not going to jump to conclusions until something official comes out, but many believe that is Matranga’s voice in the trailer.[/quote]

I’m not sure what conclusions you could jump to, save for Seraphim Digital being tapped for the dub like they were for Halo Legends.

But yeah, that’s most definitely Matranga.[/quote]

He’s using that certain twang in his voice that he used as Istvan from Guin Saga.

If this was being released by Warner, I would feel a lot more confident in this. However, this would be the first time that Sony has used them. More Houston dubs are always a good thing to me. :slight_smile:

Considering the homepage is an SPE USA site, there’s a good chance it’s just that, Seraphim got tapped.

But I guess like you said, we’ll just have to wait until something official comes out.

Sony just realized just how awesome Matranga and gang are.
Leaving the other TX anime house, who probably was trying to score the deal as well, stomping and fuming…grrrrr!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Not the only anime made of this novel. :wink:

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]

Considering the homepage is an SPE USA site, there’s a good chance it’s just that, Seraphim got tapped.

But I guess like you said, we’ll just have to wait until something official comes out.[/quote]

Does the Towanoquon commentary count as being official? It’s good enough for me, but I sadly cannot preorder it yet. If I don’t preorder it, I might forget about it, and that would be brutal as, even though the CG looks weak, since the movie has Sentai actors dubbing and doing motion capture for it, I must have it! :woohoo:

Supposedly SST:Invasion occurs right after the 1997 movie, as though Hero of the Federation and Marauder never happened. Hero of the Federation didn’t really add much to the lore, but cutting out the events of Marauder would be weird. I suppose it could be done without killing continuity outright, but I wouldn’t feel right about it. Maybe I’d get used to it, like I got used to the gender-swapping of Dizzy and the expansion of Carl’s role in the 1997 movie vs the novel.

Was this mentioned on the Towanoquon commentary?

Yes. Emily Neves mentions it during her part of the commentary and Stephen Foster, in the last segment of the commentary, talks a bit about it.

Well, that’s good to know. I definitely looking even more forward to this now.

The book and the ‘movie inspired by the book’ are VERY different in the actual combat. Night and Day almost. Hopefully this will be closer to the book.

[size=16]Starship Troopers: Invasion’s New Trailer Streamed[/size]
posted on 2012-07-02 21:45 EDT
Blu-ray, DVD editions to hit N. American shelves on August 28

[size=16]San Diego Hosts Starship Troopers: Invasion Premiere, Director[/size]
posted on 2012-07-02 22:00 EDT
Appleseed director Shinji Aramaki to appear at IGN signing at Comic-Con Int’l

Well with Jospeh Chou producing this, it’s almost certainly a Seraphim dub.

I suppose there’s no chance of this making it to TAN :frowning:

I’d be perfectly fine streaming this, as I don’t think that the video quality will require the true “power” of blu-ray, not from what I’ve seen in clips (Japanese CG, like their live-action, must be legally obligated to be dated and rather poor). The clip posted above is also only 720, which is too low a resolution for me to consider blu-ray viewing absolutely essential; 720 is fine to stream.

But, if there’s no other way, I’ll get the blu-ray. It’d be a long time coming to Netflix, if it ever were to make it there at all.

Almost certainly no. The rights are owned by Sony, and given that it’s based on a fairly mainstream property, the asking price would probably be much higher than TAN is able or willing to pay.