Tan magazine

I liked the anime critic bit. lawlz

Hah! Figures weā€™d make a new species! Thanks Outlander!

I made the cover? Havenā€™t done anything like that since that incident with the Post Office.

Good grief, this is what I get for letting a kid pick up the mail. Left it on the coffee table and the catā€™s been sleeping on it.

Aaarrrggghhh.

Mark Gosdin

Mark, are you an Otaku Grandpa[sup]Ā®[/sup], too? Congrats! :woohoo:

Ummmm. Now that you mention it, not yet.

Iā€™m old enough, but my three boys arenā€™t in any hurry to settle down.

Mark Gosdin

Ā®!? Since when did ā€œOtaku Grandpaā€ become a registered trademark?

EDIT: HA! If you google ā€œOtaku Grandpaā€ your TAN user profile is the first thing that comes up Newshawk!

Outlander, I canā€™t message you but the answer is yes.

[quote=ā€œHornet65ā€ post=112309]

Ā®!? Since when did ā€œOtaku Grandpaā€ become a registered trademark?

EDIT: HA! If you google ā€œOtaku Grandpaā€ your TAN user profile is the first thing that comes up Newshawk![/quote]

There you go!

O.K all yours. Have fun

Direct Link for large image:

excellentā€¦ just excellent issue Cody, GREAT JOB!!

http://www.deviantart.com/download/204610726/chibi_fox_by_dav_19-d3dtina.png

Nice theme but had trouble reading some of the text as there was not enough contrast with the background.

Yeah, it wasnā€™t an easy background to work with. I also didnā€™t just want to type everything in red like I did with my last cover.

Iā€™ve come across the contrasting colors problem when putting my name on pictures for my signatures. I sat there one day wonder ā€œwhy is it that I have so many colors to choose from and none of them work, but anime subtitles can be one color throughout the entire show but still be visible?ā€ Then I remembered that subtitles are usually one color outlined with another, and thatā€™s when I started doing that with my signaturesā€¦

Iā€™m not sure what program you use for making these, but depending on the program, some have options for outlining things, and others have plugins you can get for that purpose.

TL;DR: If you outline the text with another color, it will show up better.

Yup, took me forever to figure this out too, but it makes everything pop nicely. You guys are doing such a good job with this magazine that we may have to offer up our services soonā€¦O_O

[quote=ā€œHornet65ā€ post=113677]
TL;DR: If you outline the text with another color, it will show up better.[/quote]

Yeah, I had to do that with my pic I used for the Broken Blade thread ( http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/thecoffeegod/home/an/bkbldmvs_l.jpg ).

The logo was too hard to read on the background, so I had to outline it with a thick black outline.

Iā€™m not sure what program you use for making these, but depending on the program, some have options for outlining things, and others have plugins you can get for that purpose.

TL;DR: If you outline the text with another color, it will show up better.[/quote]

Iā€™m poor. I have to make due with free online tools. ;). I donā€™t believe it has an option for that, but I will check into it.

[quote=ā€œdragonrider_codyā€ post=113687]

Iā€™m poor. I have to make due with free online tools. ;). I donā€™t believe it has an option for that, but I will check into it.[/quote]

Cody, try Paint.net (www.getpaint.net). Itā€™s almost like free Photoshop! I used it for all my banners.

[quote=ā€œoutlanderā€ post=112043]http://imgur.com/CoJn3http://i.imgur.com/CoJn3.jpg

Click on pic for larger image[/quote]

Great issue! Iā€™m in for the library! :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œdragonrider_codyā€ post=113601]

Direct Link for large image: [/quote]

Wonderful job Cody! But I never should have gotten drunk that night and told you my whipped cream secrets! I shall have to be more careful when you offer me a drink in the future. :stuck_out_tongue: