The AMV Thread

Both were very beautiful. Thanks you sharing Wicca! Also, I really loved the Maburaho AMV. I actually just finished rewatching that tonight. Itā€™s one of my favorite ADV shows.

Also, the song from the second AMV has a dance remake by Donna Summers. It drove me nuts for a while until I figured out where I had heard it beforeā€¦lol

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
And I never knew Avril Lavigne partnered with Anime Network, so I guess I will simmer down the hate a bitā€¦lol[/quote]

Yeah, she and Anime Network teamed up to post her animated manga shorts in 07. Then one or two retards came on here to be total douchebags. I mean they donā€™t have to like it and they are certainly free to express dislike for it, but they were typical 4chan idiots about it. And Iā€™m not suggesting the shorts were good mind you, to be clearā€¦ but they werenā€™t horrible.

How dare Anime Network team up with one of the most successful artists that teens listen to, to try to appeal to a wider audience and make a smart business decision!

But if Anime Network partnered with some lower tier JPOP ā€œidolā€ who canā€™t even sing in-tune (and needs audio engineers to repitch her voice so that it is in tune to fool listeners) it would have been praised. Since Japan is of course Kawaii, perfect and better than everything else. :wink:

Kinda doesnā€™t belong, but Kingdom Hearts, if you have played the games, does have some very strong anime features to it.

If you know the story of Sora, Kairi, Roxas, and Namine, this video becomes much more meaningfulā€¦

In the first kingdom hearts game, Kairi loses her heart when the world collapsed, but it went to Sora instead of being taken by a heartless. Later in the game, Sora restores her heart but becomes a heartless himself briefly. What neither realize, when a person of strong character loses their heart, a version of them called a ā€˜nobodyā€™ is created. Roxas and Namine are their ā€˜nobodiesā€™, who eventually have to stop existing when the remerge with their true selves (though a part of them will always exist)

[quote=dragoon]

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
And I never knew Avril Lavigne partnered with Anime Network, so I guess I will simmer down the hate a bitā€¦lol[/quote]

Yeah, she and Anime Network teamed up to post her animated manga shorts in 07. Then one or two retards came on here to be total douchebags. I mean they donā€™t have to like it and they are certainly free to express dislike for it, but they were typical 4chan idiots about it. And Iā€™m not suggesting the shorts were good mind you, to be clearā€¦ but they werenā€™t horrible.

How dare Anime Network team up with one of the most successful artists that teens listen to, to try to appeal to a wider audience and make a smart business decision!

But if Anime Network partnered with some lower tier JPOP ā€œidolā€ who canā€™t even sing in-tune (and needs audio engineers to repitch her voice so that it is in tune to fool listeners) it would have been praised. Since Japan is of course Kawaii, perfect and better than everything else. ;)[/quote]

ROFL! I didnā€™t realize I hit the rant button! And I donā€™t really hate her. I just dislike how she acts like sheā€™s punk or a rock artist, when her music clearly falls into the pop category. I donā€™t even mind her music that much to be honest. She actually has a few songs I like, but once again, they are quite clearly pop. There isnā€™t much difference between what she was doing, and what Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears were doing at the time. :slight_smile:

You didnā€™t. Iā€™m just giving you background info since you werenā€™t around, and as a hardcore AN supporter Iā€™m sure you want some tidbits. :wink: Personally I donā€™t care either way. I have no interest in Avril myself, nor have anything sheā€™s released.

I do agree with what youā€™re saying there, thatā€™s why Iā€™m not much into most pop (especially western pop singersā€¦ a lot of their image and music is manufactured)ā€¦ then again this is perhaps even more true of JP pop idols. Thatā€™s one of the reasons I always have some sort of a skeptical eye with pop artists, or musical artists with a huge invisible staff behind them - ones that often donā€™t get credit (ie. ghost writers, song writers, music composers etc).

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Most of my favorite artists, regardless of genre, at least write their own music. I really hate it when you pick up someoneā€™s CD and most of the songs have already been released and recorded by someone else. A tribute album is one thing, but when you try to pass it off as something new, it just pisses me off!

Sheā€™s Just Oblivious: Think this song perfectly describes Haruhi Suzumiya.

Good one, and that song is perfect for Haruhi. Now Iā€™m off to iTunes to buy it! LOL

DANSU: My favorite AMV tend to be the ones with a lot of anime. This also has some great effects.

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
Both were very beautiful. Thanks you sharing Wicca! Also, I really loved the Maburaho AMV. I actually just finished rewatching that tonight. Itā€™s one of my favorite ADV shows.

Also, the song from the second AMV has a dance remake by Donna Summers. It drove me nuts for a while until I figured out where I had heard it beforeā€¦lol[/quote]

Glad you liked!!
The Sarah Brightman / Andrea Bocelli version of Time To Say Goodbye is by far the best version for me. I never understood why they ruined it with a dance remake. I like Donna Summer, but did not like that song at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

Red, that Kingdom Hearts video was beautiful! And yours were great ShawnMerrow!

I found this one by accident, but I really like it.

Very nice additions everyone! You can never go wrong with any AMV that has Haruhi!

More Within Temptation, this time with Code Geass.

Wow Cody - those were amazing!!

Azumanga Daioh AMV Rammstein Amerika: Funny video with some good effects. Also a very good band.

Another good one ShawnMerrow!! That was funny!! :laugh: