The Buy Stuff Thread

psychopuppet wrote:

[quote]Got from Target today:
Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray+ Digital Copy) $14.99
True Grit (2010) (Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) $14.99

Universal I guess got all the complaints about the original packaging of the BTTF 25th anniversary set and have changed it with the last batches. Newer style has the numbers 2016181 on back cover bottom right hand corner above the Dolby Digital logo and below the website info.

From what I can gather there is a another set coming out August ,but in a normal case. Guessing that is why a lot of places have been having it on sale as of late. Figured $14.99 is going to be very hard to beat so might as well get the current release.

Snowy Stampede wrote:

[quote]I traded in my Wii and all the games plus all my gamecube games at Gamestop for store credit.

I ended up using it to buy:

Nintendo 3DS Aqua Blue
Pilotwings Resort
Rayman 3D
Preordered copy of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D[/quote]

Did they give you a decent trade in value for the stuff? I saw they are giving more for the trades now and was thinking about trading a few things in.

Also decided even though I can’t really use the 3D since the games look like they are going to be going more and more towards the 3DS. That when the price drops I’ll get one instead of getting a XL and just turn off the 3D.[/quote]

They had a 50% trade in bonus for ALL games. That ended today. I felt like I got burned on some of them but it got me what I wanted and more so I’m fine with it.
Zelda games are middle of the road. Mario games seem to be your trade in gold. Metroids, Viewtiful Joe, Sonic, etc. Not to hot. Metroid Other M was 6.00 and it’s less than a year old. Sin and Punishment was around that too.

There is a Earthbound Trading Company store at the mall my GF works at. They sell fairly cool things from around the world. Yesterday, I gave in and purchased a decorative katana that truly caught my eye.

If I had gotten it at the convention, it would have cost me $60. There, it cost me $28.

Bought from Target:
Scream Bluray $5.99
Scream 2 Bluray $5.99
Scream 3 Bluray $5.99

Probably some slightly better versions will come out in Sept when the 4th one comes out on home media ,but for $17.97 for 3 movies on Blu-ray I kind of enjoyed I’ll bite. Did not see 150 other movies for $5.99 they were talking about at Target.

I find it odd Target does not have a ad for Sucker Punch or Beastly. Probably just hit up Walmart for Sucker Punch on Tuesday.

Just got Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens from Borders $10.99

Gotta say I was so happy when I saw Slowhand post that it was getting sold in america I had to go get it and I’m so pleased with it right now, I get the same happy feeling reading the manga as I did when I watched the anime!

Bakuman Volume 5: $9.00
A Certain Scientific Railgun Volume 1: $9.50
Vagabond Vizbig Volume 10: $18.00

Visited a Books-a-Million on the drive to Texas from Pennsylvania and picked these up. Gotta say I’m glad I looked at A Certain Scientific Railgun, a very fun story, cant wait to start collecting the other volumes.

She arrived today. :woohoo:

Got Natsume Yuujinchou Volumes 1 & 2 online from Borders, and picked up a small Miku Hatsune plush from the OC Fair. :slight_smile:

Just pre-ordered:
Codename: Sailor V Graphic Novel 2 $6.02
Highschool of the Dead Graphic Novel 1-4 Omnibus (704 pgs) (Color) $30.59
Sailor Moon Graphic Novel 2 $6.02
Tokyo Mew Mew Graphic Novel Omnibus 1 $8.54

Decided to keep Sailor Moon GN 3 and Tokyo Mew Mew GNO 2 to use for free shipping when Utena Set 3 gets listed over at Righstuf. Since 5% is not to much of a price difference and both are set far enough away if Utena set 3’s date is a while away it’s fine plus if it happens to still make it to OCT then that would be pass their point of auto shipping so it would ship without the other two thus allowing me to still get the ring if I get my order in on time and they have enough left.

Glad I waited on HSOTD GN’s as I’d rather have it in full color. Plus I get the first four books all at once.

Ordered from Amazon:
Paul (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
Your Highness [Blu-ray + Digital Copy]

Amazon has this deal going on right now.

[quote]Save $10 When You Order Two Select Comedy Titles on Blu-ray
Order two of the following titles on Blu-ray and save $10. Titles include: Dazed and Confused, National Lampoon’s Animal House, The Blues Brothers, Paul, Your Highness, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Offer expires November 15, 2011.[/quote]

So basically came out with both for $14.99 each. Much better then any B&M is offering at the moment.
If I can get the deal twice I am going to get Dazed and Confused and Fast Times at Ridgemont High to.

Ordered today:
Firestorm: The Nuclear Man TPB $12.23
Super [Blu-ray] $13.49

**Got Today:
Paul (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)$14.99
Your Highness [Blu-ray + Digital Copy] $14.99
Arthur (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) (2011) $14.99
M.A.S.K.: The Complete Series $59.99

**Got today:
Planet of the Apes 5-Film Blu-ray Collection $28.99
Wayne’s World/Wayne’s World 2 Blu-ray $13.99

Nemesis [Hardcover] 11.99
iZombie Vol. 1: Dead to the World [Paperback] $8.99
Dracula (Marvel Illustrated) [Hardcover] $11.99
Showcase Presents: Dial H For Hero [Paperback] $5.99**

Just received:

Nightwing: Ties That Bind

Only have one more to complete my set.

I’ve been raiding our local Borders the past couple of weeks:

**Ancestor - Scott Sigler
All is Forgotten, Nothing is Lost - Lan Samantha Chang
I Am Legend - Richard Matheson
The Dead Path - Stephen M. Irwin
Warm Bodies -Isaac Marion
Witches of East End - Melissa de la Cruz
Petty Magic - Camille DeAngelis
Star Trek Titan: Orion’s Hounds - Christopher L. Bennett
Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami
A Wild Sheep Chase - Haruki Murakami
Divine Misfortune - A. Lee Martinez
The Ultimate Little Frozen Drinks Book - Ray Foley

Total: $142.87**
Most of those were hard back.

Also took advantage of a sale at the DoubleDay Book Club:
The Shining (hardcover) - Stephen King $10.99
It (hardcover) - Stephen King $10.99
The Disappearance (hardcover) - Bentley Little $1.99

Arrived today from Amazon:
The Angry Beavers: Season 1 and 2 DVD Set - $18.99

Picked up from my local Hobby Lobby today:

Custom frame job for the first Clannad poster.

(photos to follow once it’s been hung in the living room.)

I expanded my bluray collection this week, and picked up a couple CDs.

Walmart
Resident Evil Apocalypse Bluray - $10.00
Resident Evil Extinction Bluray - $10.00
Shutter Island Bluray - $15.00

Best Buy
Friday The 13th Uncut Bluray - $10.00
Friday The 13th Part 2 - $10.00
Friday The 13th 3D - $10.00
The Walking Dead Season 1 Bluray - $19.99
Kristin Chenoweth - Some Lessons Learned - $9.99
Cascada - Evacuate the Dance Floor - $13.99

The CD’s were mostly bought because we had a long trip back from Philadelphia and we needed some new music. I was surprised by the Kristin Chenoweth. First of all, it was country although Best Buy had it in pop/rock, and it’s really good. I’ve been really enjoying it. Definitely worth the $10.

Since I’m jamming to Within Temptation, I decided to pick up some merchandise from their website:

The Unforgiving: Perdition + Penance Part 1 Comic $3.99
The Unforgiving: Penance Part 2 Comic $3.99
The Unforgiving: Penance Part 3 Comic $3.99
Within Temptation: The Unforgiving Black Coffee Mug $12.99

Since I have the music that inspired the comics, I figured I might as well get the comics to go along with them. Can’t wait for them to get here.

dragonrider_cody wrote:

Yes, Kristin is a great singer and TV/Film/Broadway actress. She’s also from Broken Arrow, OK, my new hometown!

Newshawk wrote:

[quote]dragonrider_cody wrote:

Yes, Kristin is a great singer and TV/Film/Broadway actress. She’s also from Broken Arrow, OK, my new hometown![/quote]

She definitely is and her voice really suits country music too.

Sailor Moon Manga Volume 1 and Sailor V Manga Volume 1 came today. Also found out Suburban Knights DVD shipped.